Eddie Rockets

Ireland82 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Hard work with little pay

Working with rockets brings great opportunities and experiences. It is a strict company to work for, rules and procedures are taken very seriously. The work-life balance is worth the work. Wage is better than minimum and the benefits of working with rockets are endless.

Fast paced and hard work

Very busy and often understaffed. Had to do a lot of cleaning that wouldn’t be expected in other waiting jobs. Good atmosphere between coworkers. Fast paced means time goes fast.

Pros

Lunches, coworkers

Cons

Long hours, hard work, a lot of cleaning

Bad working environment

1) You will get rushed by Coworkers when it's just under 10 min late.2) Always get last minute call for request to work.3) coworkers gossiping about you infornt of you. 4)Always get asked to stay overnight working and asked to do extra work as to help others with their not finished work. 5)staff food time were very late and most of the time they forgot to allow you for a break time. 6)the break time is too short (15 minutes break for below 7hours work and 30mins break for above 7hours work) 7) they do not have a specific shift rosters but it is dependent on where you live.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, last minute shift

Hard work with little pay

Just not a very nice place to work at. Long hours with short breaks. Staff room is tiny, some supervisors look down on the rest of the staff. I would not recommend

Great people, poor pay, sometimes crazy customers

I loved the people here ie supervisors, chefs, waitrons. The staff are so friendly,m and supervisors understanding for the majority!Cons: poor pay-minimum wage which can be disheartening considering the long hours and sometimes onerous customer requests.

It's ok

All I can honestly say is that it's ok. Very stressful and unrewarding job, but the team is amazing. One 30 minute break for 10 hour shifts which is definitely not enough.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, stressful.

Really nice atmosphere and fun workplace

Eddie rockets is such a nice place to work for, everyone is lovely always a good atmosphere even when it’s busy, tips can be very good as well. As soon as you walk in the door it’s like you’ve worked there for years.

Pros

Free lunches and a friendly workplace

Cons

Fast paced and motivating workplace

Good place to work. The staff are friendly and helpful. Schedules are flexible and hours are good. It’s a fast paced and collaborative environment which makes the hours go by faster.

Pros

Flexible schedule and discounted lunch

Nice environment but also competitive and risky

The atmosphere is good, most colleagues are friendly and helpful. This is very important because it helps us to overcome the most stresful moments and to give good service to our customers. However, there are some people who want to show up and don't work in a team. That is a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, being a waitress is risky in pandemic times and more security measures should be taken to protect employees during this period.

Pros

Friendly environment and lunch price

Cons

Long hours and few breaks

Fun fun fun

Absolutely amazing place to work. Great atmosphere and great people to work with and for. Will work around college hours and exams. Very flexible working hours and delicious food.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Bad

Terrible owner , wages never given on time tries to find every excuse to dock wages,good staff treated like dirt and you are just a number have to pay for food no extra pay on a Sunday ,cash in hand won't put it through a bank every few weeks someone leaves,owner has no clue how to run a restaurant blames staff for everything 4 managers in 3 years.owner brings in own products if he can't afford an order

Pros

Cons

Terrible ownership, bad products, no extra Sunday pay, minimum wage for a extremely fast paced job

fast paced

Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though

Productive and fun workplace

Great people to work for and with, discounted lunches,balcony smoking area has a great view .can be up and down in there but you will always get your hours.

Pros

Combo lunches for 2.50, good management

Cons

Not enough hours if your not in college

It was a challenging yet rewarding working environment

I would review Eddie Rockets, Dundrum as a good experience overall. It is a very accessible job for somebody starting with no experience. You know your hours in good time, you are paid correctly and on time. It is an organised job, perfect for somebody in university as they are flexible with the hours.

Muy buen ambiente de trabajo.

Buen ambiente, pagos puntuales y entorno agradable.

Pros

Salario y entorno.

Cons

La inestabilidad de los turnos.

Was a great atmosphere

I enjoyed working with Eddie rockets. I or to know so many people working there and have made life long friends. The salary’s could be better and tips given more frequently.

Pros

16€ food for lunch for €2.50

Cons

Split shifts late starts could have three hour shifts

Really busy place, not so friendly people and the manager in charge during my working period was rude

Heavy duty, you could find easily a better place, careless staff lots of work and a clear preference for some emlpoyees making their jobs a lot easier and yours harder, some responsibilities from the other employees we’re often given to me because “ I was slower so I made them work harder”. The best part of the job was leaving and the second best, they pay more on Saturdays.

Pros

They give you letters for the PPSN and you pay 2€ for meals

Cons

Bad working environment, careless staff and heavy duty job, minimum wage.

Lively and exciting workplace

The average shift in Eddie's lasts between 6 and 8 hours, with 2-3 weekly. The management are very helpful and flexible, the work is a team-based approach and it is a democratic environment for all staff, as communication comes from the top-down and the bottom-up.

Pros

Free lunches

Though place to work.

I really enjoyed my work while I worked for Eddie rockets during my student years. Most of the good time was due to great coverage workers. Apart from that, extremely long hours and non stop on the go work atmosphere can get you down.

Pros

Lovely people to work with

Cons

Very long hours, not great pay.

fun workplace

Good place to work, but the restaurant industry does not allow people to have a fixed work hours timetable.

Pros

free lunches, staff motivation, bonus

Cons

Nice atmosphere but too late hours

Had nice experence as my first job in Ireland. Management was friendy. But the work hours were very late.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement