Eddie Rockets

Ireland81 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Hard work with little pay

Working with rockets brings great opportunities and experiences. It is a strict company to work for, rules and procedures are taken very seriously. The work-life balance is worth the work. Wage is better than minimum and the benefits of working with rockets are endless.

Fast paced and hard work

Very busy and often understaffed. Had to do a lot of cleaning that wouldn’t be expected in other waiting jobs. Good atmosphere between coworkers. Fast paced means time goes fast.

Pros

Lunches, coworkers

Cons

Long hours, hard work, a lot of cleaning

Bad working environment

1) You will get rushed by Coworkers when it's just under 10 min late.2) Always get last minute call for request to work.3) coworkers gossiping about you infornt of you. 4)Always get asked to stay overnight working and asked to do extra work as to help others with their not finished work. 5)staff food time were very late and most of the time they forgot to allow you for a break time. 6)the break time is too short (15 minutes break for below 7hours work and 30mins break for above 7hours work) 7) they do not have a specific shift rosters but it is dependent on where you live.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, last minute shift

Hard work with little pay

Just not a very nice place to work at. Long hours with short breaks. Staff room is tiny, some supervisors look down on the rest of the staff. I would not recommend

Great people, poor pay, sometimes crazy customers

I loved the people here ie supervisors, chefs, waitrons. The staff are so friendly,m and supervisors understanding for the majority!Cons: poor pay-minimum wage which can be disheartening considering the long hours and sometimes onerous customer requests.

This wasn't a bad job but management is rude,disrespectful I'd stay clear nice til ur der a long time

Bu ur hard work is not respected, work 2 groundOverall the staff are great, friendly, great clean diner but as for management I wudn recommend dis job

Pros

The customers and being busy

Cons

Long hours disrespectful tiring

It's ok

All I can honestly say is that it's ok. Very stressful and unrewarding job, but the team is amazing. One 30 minute break for 10 hour shifts which is definitely not enough.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, stressful.

Fun workplace

I work with Eddie rockets a few weeks now and the people are just amazing the people I work with are great kind and very hard working I have made some great friends working here with the staff and customers.

Fun workplace

I have worked in Eddie rockets for 4.5 years and even on the hard days the Atmosphere in my job is amazing, all the staff get along so well and that’s all thanks to the manger in my branch, Eddie rockets is a great place to work for, meet new people and make friends, you learn different skills everyday that will help you down the line in work placement.Some days are not as easy as others but the employees all stick together to make the day better.

Pros

Can work around hours, lovely staff, Great Manger.

Really nice atmosphere and fun workplace

Eddie rockets is such a nice place to work for, everyone is lovely always a good atmosphere even when it’s busy, tips can be very good as well. As soon as you walk in the door it’s like you’ve worked there for years.

Pros

Free lunches and a friendly workplace

Cons

Nice environment but also competitive and risky

The atmosphere is good, most colleagues are friendly and helpful. This is very important because it helps us to overcome the most stresful moments and to give good service to our customers. However, there are some people who want to show up and don't work in a team. That is a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, being a waitress is risky in pandemic times and more security measures should be taken to protect employees during this period.

Pros

Friendly environment and lunch price

Cons

Long hours and few breaks

Awful management

They have complete disregard for worker's wellbeing, and they take advantage of young/international workers who really need a job. Nobody should be treated like that, but they make you believe it's normal. If you're gonna accept a job from them, don't take any of their bull***t. Absolutely anybody can be a supervisor in there, and to make it worse, the management sides with them over their own workers. No open forum for clear communication and a toxic workplace environment was established from the beginning. I only stayed for so long because I was desperate for the money.

Pros

€3 for lunch meals

Cons

Long hours, 0 flexibility (unlike advertised)

fast paced

Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though

Busy working days

Atypical day at work would be stressful as things needed to be done as fast as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. There were flexible working hours and did not have to ask for time off in a lot of advance.The toughest part of the job was negative workplace culture on busy days.

Muy buen ambiente de trabajo.

Buen ambiente, pagos puntuales y entorno agradable.

Pros

Salario y entorno.

Cons

La inestabilidad de los turnos.

Was a great atmosphere

I enjoyed working with Eddie rockets. I or to know so many people working there and have made life long friends. The salary’s could be better and tips given more frequently.

Pros

16€ food for lunch for €2.50

Cons

Split shifts late starts could have three hour shifts

Good

My work at Eddie rockets gave me alot of experience , it thought me a lot also. I had some good times there but I feel it is time to change, The people there are also very good to work with.

Really busy place, not so friendly people and the manager in charge during my working period was rude

Heavy duty, you could find easily a better place, careless staff lots of work and a clear preference for some emlpoyees making their jobs a lot easier and yours harder, some responsibilities from the other employees we’re often given to me because “ I was slower so I made them work harder”. The best part of the job was leaving and the second best, they pay more on Saturdays.

Pros

They give you letters for the PPSN and you pay 2€ for meals

Cons

Bad working environment, careless staff and heavy duty job, minimum wage.

Friendly

working here I made some great friends, their management is flexible enough if time off is required and they try their best to look after their staff.

growing fast fun workplace

good place to work in. Having fun with coworkers. Management very helpful, always ready to give advice. The hardest time (the busiest) was always when kids were off from school especially all bank holidays, mid terms, and Christmas break :)

Fun workplace

I have learnt how to deal with customers and leaderships skills, the culture makes the atmosphere fun, the hardest part of the job is working night time during the weekends, and I really enjoy making feel the customers part of Eddie Rockets with a smile and small talk.

Pros

My manager supports me and my schedule.

Cons

Work night shifts during the weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement