educogym

educogym Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews
awful experience ..manager is a bully and just out for herself..turned me off personal training for life....split shifts so youre in early in the morning and back again in the late afternoon..not paid for breaks..sales driven and the supplements are a complete waste of money
The owners are the most underhanded people it's ever been my misfortune to be involved with.
They will use you for all they can get from you then stab you in the back when they have what they want from you.

The main owner is obsessed with watching people and has cameras everywhere including hidden ones.

They have no interest in the well being of their staff, only trying to get them into the cult of Tony Quinn to promote the "university backed" training program and the useless overpriced supplements.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Management couldnt care less about you, they just want you to sell anything to anyone. Zero hour contracts, in at 6am and sent home (obviously unpaid) at 9am when not busy, then demanding split shifts at busy periods of the year. Ridiculous KPI's including forcing us to train on the "time machine" 3 times per week as if we actually want to stay any longer than we have to. Also a target to sell supplements to people who don't need them for ridiculous prices. Trainers are meant to have the client focus on their goals and clear their minds yet be upsold to in the same 20 minutes.

Client is not well looked after, primary focus is to make them spend money, which in part is due to ridiculous targets placed on receptionists, these same receptionists which also double up as "nutritionists". Nutritionists here are for the most part not qualified at all, as are some of the trainers. No idea how to actually train someone in terms of progressing, injuries etc.

The staff turnover is like a revolving door. get treated badly while there so if you decide to leave it's because "you weren't able for it".

The price of the packages would make you think that the staff are well paid. Some are relatively well paid compared to industry standard, but the newer trainers are more than likely on €10 per hour. And with what you're expected to do for that €10, it's no wonder clients can't keep up with the changes in staff.

Ask any qualified nutritionist about the "tailored" nutrition plan, which isn't tailored at all, it's printed in bulk and distributed to each person. the diet plan is ridiculous
 - more...
Cons
Long hours in peak times, very little hours in quiet times (Summer, pre-christmas).
At Educogym you learn how to use more of your mind and help you to learn about yourself and to be a better person professionally and personally.
I've been given the opportunity to travel to the seminar in the Bahamas and do a nutrition course and it's it's a constant development.
Pros
Learning experience and all the investment the company make for development.
Cons
If you are not a person who is open to learn about yourself it's not for you.
Highly satisfying And fun place to work

My role in Educogym was completely satisfactory, it has been the work in which I have most enjoyed and learned.

The best thing is the personal treatment with the clients, it is professional but at the same time it is close, it is not a simple personal training, is a style of life for your clients and also for you.

The managers offer you a professional and at the same time family treatment, they offer you all their time and their knowledge in personal training and nutrition for which I have acquired a great knowledge in personal training and nutrition that I would not have acquired in another way.

The environment among the employees can not be better, is not a competitive environment, thanks to the example given by the manager, all employees, including the manager, help you in reaching your work targets.
Pros
The knowledge in personal training and nutrition
Cons
You need to be motivated to be in shape your self
One of the worst places I had a chance of working in. Management doesn't take any disciplinary action towards staff. A workplace that does nothing about bullying. Doesn't care about clients health but rather their money. Doesn't care about their staff either. Was a waste of my time and breath.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
completely non costumer focused, only figures focused. rude co workers, only cared about making money, unrealistic work ethic
Pros
Cons
rude manager, rude staff
My role in Educogym was broad which included but not limited to personal training, nutritional advice and sales consultations. during my time in Educogym I gained valuable knowledge on a wide verities of area such as personal fitness, nutrition, finance, ddifferent personalities, client databases and KPI's and mindset activity.

The management of Educogym was run by the owner and the area manager and this was done on a daily bases very smoothly. my oc workers were excellent to work with as we were friendly outside of work and we worked very hard as a team.

The hardest part of my work was selling new membership to potential clients but this happened to be the most enjoyable part as I could see the client progress throughout there program and get excellent weightloss results.