educogym

educogym Employee Reviews

Ireland11 reviews

Productive and enjoyable place

Working for Educogym was a good experience for me in general. The clients and the manager are really nice, and the manager is really good at motivating you to keep doing your best. They have their own culture and model that is easy to work with once you understand and drive into. A big part of the job is sales, which was my weakness as a personal trainer, so I was pushed to do it, and I learned a lot. I worked there for almost one year, and the experience was excellent.

OK workplace

I loved working at educogym as a perosnal trainer, but I absolutely hated the sales part, this company makes you go out on the street to find customers to join the gym ( membership is €800 for 3 months ) When you don't train clines you have to make continues phone calls to everyone to Try make them join the gym. Everyone Friday we have a meeting to discuss how to force clients to join the gym. And when you don't find customers every week they would be annoyed.

Pros

Getting to train clients

Cons

Having to be standing on the streets to beg people to join the gym

Stepping stone to better things.

My experience with educogym started off very brightly and had a very enjoyable time in the Bahamas doing the seminar. I then started in Dublin Docklands, was transferred to Blackrock for a period of time and had a very enjoyable time there.Back to Docklands as a manager was sacked. This was the beginning of a very good period for me for about 2 years where I was the most succesful trainer across the Irish gyms a number of times over a quarterly period. There was then messing around with the commission structure as I think they saw it was being too easy to hit for the senior trainers so they the powers that be broke it up into stupid KPIs like photos and other things. The problem with this was not everyone wanted their body shown off in public or on a flyer but they didn't get that so you couldn't use a lot of really good photos.The basic was VERY poor. The commission was decent starting but as mentioned made it more difficult to achieve. My basic was poor but was really poor for others starting off. Looking back I can't believe I worked for that!When you're doing well the owner made you feel ten feet tall and really made me believe in myself at the start. At other times you're totally patronised, looked down on if or when the rain comes. No support given. I was told it was my fault a client left even though they changed job and left the area!The staff turnover is ridiculous due to how they are treated. There's very little qualified people working there. The supplements that are sold you couldn't stand over as there is no studies on the products themselves. Some of -

Pros

Training, developing people skills

Cons

Salary, motivation, work culture, staff turnover, management

Terrible management..Shes so money hungry

awful experience ..manager is a bully and just out for herself..turned me off personal training for life....split shifts so youre in early in the morning and back again in the late afternoon..not paid for breaks..sales driven and the supplements are a complete waste of money

Unethical, dishonest and vindictive

The owners are the most underhanded people it's ever been my misfortune to be involved with. They will use you for all they can get from you then stab you in the back when they have what they want from you. The main owner is obsessed with watching people and has cameras everywhere including hidden ones. They have no interest in the well being of their staff, only trying to get them into the cult of Tony Quinn to promote the "university backed" training program and the useless overpriced supplements.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Don't work here it's a joke

Management couldnt care less about you, they just want you to sell anything to anyone. Zero hour contracts, in at 6am and sent home (obviously unpaid) at 9am when not busy, then demanding split shifts at busy periods of the year. Ridiculous KPI's including forcing us to train on the "time machine" 3 times per week as if we actually want to stay any longer than we have to. Also a target to sell supplements to people who don't need them for ridiculous prices. Trainers are meant to have the client focus on their goals and clear their minds yet be upsold to in the same 20 minutes. Client is not well looked after, primary focus is to make them spend money, which in part is due to ridiculous targets placed on receptionists, these same receptionists which also double up as "nutritionists". Nutritionists here are for the most part not qualified at all, as are some of the trainers. No idea how to actually train someone in terms of progressing, injuries etc. The staff turnover is like a revolving door. get treated badly while there so if you decide to leave it's because "you weren't able for it". The price of the packages would make you think that the staff are well paid. Some are relatively well paid compared to industry standard, but the newer trainers are more than likely on €10 per hour. And with what you're expected to do for that €10, it's no wonder clients can't keep up with the changes in staff. Ask any qualified nutritionist about the "tailored" nutrition plan, which isn't tailored at all, it's printed in bulk and distributed to each person. the diet plan is ridiculous -

Cons

Long hours in peak times, very little hours in quiet times (Summer, pre-christmas).

Skills for life.

At Educogym you learn how to use more of your mind and help you to learn about yourself and to be a better person professionally and personally. I've been given the opportunity to travel to the seminar in the Bahamas and do a nutrition course and it's it's a constant development.

Pros

Learning experience and all the investment the company make for development.

Cons

If you are not a person who is open to learn about yourself it's not for you.

Highly satisfaying work place

Highly satisfying And fun place to work My role in Educogym was completely satisfactory, it has been the work in which I have most enjoyed and learned. The best thing is the personal treatment with the clients, it is professional but at the same time it is close, it is not a simple personal training, is a style of life for your clients and also for you. The managers offer you a professional and at the same time family treatment, they offer you all their time and their knowledge in personal training and nutrition for which I have acquired a great knowledge in personal training and nutrition that I would not have acquired in another way. The environment among the employees can not be better, is not a competitive environment, thanks to the example given by the manager, all employees, including the manager, help you in reaching your work targets.

Pros

The knowledge in personal training and nutrition

Cons

You need to be motivated to be in shape your self

Horrible Management and Money focused Business

One of the worst places I had a chance of working in. Management doesn't take any disciplinary action towards staff. A workplace that does nothing about bullying. Doesn't care about clients health but rather their money. Doesn't care about their staff either. Was a waste of my time and breath.

Pros

Cons

Terrible Management

Extremely unprofessional

completely non costumer focused, only figures focused. rude co workers, only cared about making money, unrealistic work ethic

Pros

Cons

rude manager, rude staff

Highly satisfying place to work

My role in Educogym was broad which included but not limited to personal training, nutritional advice and sales consultations. during my time in Educogym I gained valuable knowledge on a wide verities of area such as personal fitness, nutrition, finance, ddifferent personalities, client databases and KPI's and mindset activity. The management of Educogym was run by the owner and the area manager and this was done on a daily bases very smoothly. my oc workers were excellent to work with as we were friendly outside of work and we worked very hard as a team. The hardest part of my work was selling new membership to potential clients but this happened to be the most enjoyable part as I could see the client progress throughout there program and get excellent weightloss results.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at educogym. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement