educogym Employee Review

Highly satisfying place to work
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Galway Ireland30 October 2015
My role in Educogym was broad which included but not limited to personal training, nutritional advice and sales consultations. during my time in Educogym I gained valuable knowledge on a wide verities of area such as personal fitness, nutrition, finance, ddifferent personalities, client databases and KPI's and mindset activity.

The management of Educogym was run by the owner and the area manager and this was done on a daily bases very smoothly. my oc workers were excellent to work with as we were friendly outside of work and we worked very hard as a team.

The hardest part of my work was selling new membership to potential clients but this happened to be the most enjoyable part as I could see the client progress throughout there program and get excellent weightloss results.

Other educogym Employee Reviews

Don't work here it's a joke
trainer (Current Employee) –  Cork8 March 2019
Management couldnt care less about you, they just want you to sell anything to anyone. Zero hour contracts, in at 6am and sent home (obviously unpaid) at 9am when not busy, then demanding split shifts at busy periods of the year. Ridiculous KPI's including forcing us to train on the "time machine" 3 times per week as if we actually want to stay any longer than we have to. Also a target to sell supplements to people who don't need them for ridiculous prices. Trainers are meant to have the client focus on their goals and clear their minds yet be upsold to in the same 20 minutes.

Client is not well looked after, primary focus is to make them spend money, which in part is due to ridiculous targets placed on receptionists, these same receptionists which also double up as "nutritionists". Nutritionists here are for the most part not qualified at all, as are some of the trainers. No idea how to actually train someone in terms of progressing, injuries etc.

The staff turnover is like a revolving door. get treated badly while there so if you decide to leave it's because "you weren't able for it".

The price of the packages would make you think that the staff are well paid. Some are relatively well paid compared to industry standard, but the newer trainers are more than likely on €10 per hour. And with what you're expected to do for that €10, it's no wonder clients can't keep up with the changes in staff.

Ask any qualified nutritionist about the "tailored" nutrition plan, which isn't tailored at all, it's printed in bulk and distributed to each person. the diet plan is ridiculous
  more... and unsafe, and not at all recommended for long term.

Also, has anyone actually seen the journal article about this "12-day university study" ? Or even seen a link to the study article? because I really don't think it exists.
Cons
Long hours in peak times, very little hours in quiet times (Summer, pre-christmas).
Skills for life.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 November 2018
At Educogym you learn how to use more of your mind and help you to learn about yourself and to be a better person professionally and personally.
I've been given the opportunity to travel to the seminar in the Bahamas and do a nutrition course and it's it's a constant development.
Pros
Learning experience and all the investment the company make for development.
Cons
If you are not a person who is open to learn about yourself it's not for you.