EF Education First

EF Education First Employee Reviews

I worked as a teacher with EF this summer. The other staff were all nice enough, however the management was very poor, meaning everything was very disorganised. You were never told in advance what hours you were working, meaning you needed to be available every day of the week and could not make other plans. The teaching materials provided were good and the other staff were grand, but a lack of organisation at the top and poor communication means no one knows what's going on and everything is very last minute. The pay is ok but meetings (e.g. in the morning and after-briefings) are not included, meaning the hours you work are longer than those previously stated and you're not paid for the meetings.
Pros
Students and other staff
Cons
Poorly organised and managed, nothing planned in advance
Fun and challenging workplace but expect 10-13 hour workdays sometimes without breaks for food. Had a culture that expected everyone to be there from 8.30 in the morning till at least 9 at night. Pay is good though, so if you like living your job then this is perfect for you.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Ridiculous hours with no overtime pay
I never review any companies I have worked at but Im gonna have to make an expection for this one! *Dublin branch - Activity Leader.* I worked here and I signed a contract (because I was desperate for a job) which was a fixed flat rate of pay. Below minimum wage. I even left my studies early and didn't do 3 exams just so I do my training and start work on the date they offered me. They informed me at the very start that I will get a 6 week contract. They only gave me 4 weeks (after I completed 4 weeks they informed me) absolute snakes. Otherwise I would have worked in many other places I got offered. Most management were not trained properly on how to deal with their staff or how to deal with international students. They actually did not know how to do the most simple tasks which puzzled me abit. Spoken down to a lot and expected to do donkey work. Everyone is just talking about eachother, full gossib! This is NOT a workplace. Over all the different 18 jobs I have ever worked in my life, this one tops it for being the most unorganised dump. NOTHING is ever organised. Its not even normal. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Some staff were amazing but others didnt have a brain cell which lead to managment and organisation problems. They never appreciate any work you do. All the staff I have spoken to informed me that they will never work there again. Terrible management. Terrible company. Stay away from EF!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long working hours. Low pay. Terrible management.
Long hours, terrible management. Management always making decisions without carry team along. Expected to live and breathe for EF. You can't have a life of your own.
For the Dublin branch - The year I worked here I signed a contract (because I was desperate for a job) which was a fixed flat rate of pay. Below minimum wage. The days were long between 9 and 10 hours and management were not trained properly on how to deal with their staff or how to deal with international students. Spoken down to a lot and expected to do donkey work as well as the million and one tasks you were given from day one with a couple of hours training. No office space available so left to find a spot and set up your own desk. Every 2 or 3 weeks staff were not paid on time due to the laziness of management and we rarely received pay slips - if we did we would get 5 or 6 at a time. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The teachers were amazing considering they were on the same fixed pay contracts.
Pros
The teachers
Cons
Long hours, below minimum wage, poor management
Docenti istruiti/residenti, buon metodo per imparare
Very fun place to work, got to bring foreign Students on fun events the majority of the day. Great experience for me to deal with such great people. One of the best jobs I had
Pros
Great activities, fun at work
Cons
Lot of waiting around, not great pay
I have learned to cope with international students and teammates in an international and challenging environment. I have learned to manage and balance my private life and my work life, to be oriented to goals without forget to have fun. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is the daily work with students.
Pros
free lunches and accomodation
Cons
Working with EF was a very poor experience and I wouldn't advise anyone to work with EF. Management are not trained to deal with people or any issues that arise throughout the camp time.
Great people on the ground doing the hard work, management take advantage of great staff. Expect less than minimum wage with the 50+ hours per week. A lot of office politics
Pros
Experience
Cons
No work/life Balance
This has to be one of the most exploitative schools I have ever worked in as a Teacher. Avoid this school like the plague. It makes Ryan Air look like a Charity. Their Dublin branch tried to put all its teachers on a flat-rate of pay which worked out at below the minimum wage. You have been warned. This factory-like school will show no mercy.
Pros
Cons
long, underpaid hours
Along with a partner I taught English lessons to 20 or so Spanish teens through an EF summer program. I was also responsible for planning and leading trips throughout the city. I learned many valuable first lessons in second language teaching, such as the importance of accurately gauging what level and speed of language to use in a classroom setting. Managemant were very helpful and supportive. I got along well with co-workers, and socialized with them outside of work. The hardest part of the job was getting enough sleep in consideration of the 50 hour work week and nightly discos. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the students, as well as socializing with co-workers.
Pros
great experience for teachers, a lot of fun, get to participate in scheduled activities around the city
Cons
low pay