EIR Employee Reviews

Featured review
EIR selected this as a representative review
A job that will reward you for going above and beyond expected duties. Great people work in the company and a good culture is evident in each store. You write your own pay check.
Eir is not run well and this was my reason for leaving. Constant calls coming through without a break. Customers being on hold for 45 mins then being cut off. The management have no intention of helping the customers all the care about is that the calls are answered. People that are running the company do not have the experience and knowledge on how to run a business and this is the issue
Working as a sales rep in store is an ugly job with Eir. My management team were supportive in that they did everything they could for you provided it was to make sales. The emphasis is solely focused on reaching targets for commission and nothing else. Shady sales tactics forced customers essentially to sign up to products that were quite frankly, sub-par.
Pros
Chance to earn good comission
Cons
Poor management
Bad pay, bad management, near to no benefits and major nepotism. I was in a senior role and paid the same as a junior agent. You're given an incredible workload which is impossible to get done, if you raise it that you're having any difficulties they say you have to work harder.. after always putting in unpaid overtime and 100%. Bullying is a major problem too. Staff at your own level are fantastic and I'm still close with all of them.
Pros
Lower staff are the best and kindest people.
Cons
Terribly managed and terrible pay.
great range of skills to be learned that would assist in any work environment.The level of training covering all spheres will develop any individual to progress in any work area.
Pros
work skills
Cons
rotas may be difficult as regards times
The triainign side of things is fine. ( Apart from real call handling training) As Long as you get your 50 calls a day they don't care how you take them. No training on how to deal with angry & Irate calls (Which is 99% of them) so you are left fumbling with a half broken PC that has numerous different slow programs you have to use to try and find a solution. Promotion does not exist. Many times during they day "important" looking people with clip boards will walk around and if you are not on a call you better have a reason ready. They are numbers crazy and expect you to be amazing at a job they only half train you for.
Pros
Cons
Everythng
The workplace culture is absolutely toxic, most stressing and genuinely depressing place I have ever worked. The call agent's get blamed constantly for the blatant careless mistakes made by managers (known as team leaders). There are absolutely no written rules in place everything is word of mouth and the rules change on a daily basis and change from one manager to the next as none of them have any clue what they are truly doing. Training is absolutely terrible, there are countless computer systems for every thing and agent's are trained in basically none of them totally neutering your ability to do your job at all. The computer systems are all are broken and require a dodgy work around to use, which again you are not even told about. The computer's themselves are as old as the hills and the office is filthy, keyboards are rank. You have to consistently lie to customer's because you can't perform any of the simple requests they want without something going wrong or you not actually being able or allowed to do it. Call targets are ridiculous, you get docked on your bonus if you don't meet them if you even get a bonus at all that month. HR is absolutely careless and never approve your annual leave requests unless you hound them weeks in advance. Being a slave for the devil is better than this place, there is so much more I could complain about, Eir literally needs to get shut down.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything about it
From day one the training is miniscule before your thrown on to calls, very little support and managers are always in a meeting. you don't have access to half the systems you need to take calls effectively. If you're unfortunate enough to not know better you'll get promoted for no incentive. If you're not getting abused by customers you're getting dogged by managers. It makes Voldemort look like mother teresa.
Stressful, they seem to bend a lot to certain customers. Whereby, allowing the employee to take brunt of all issues even when proven it is not. Managers are very approachable.
1. Call Quality was quite Strict 2. 10 minutes of personal time to fo toilet a day is not enough 3. Hold time was only allowed to be used if it had to
Pros
9-5.30 working hours
Cons
Personal time
I've enjoyed my time working in Eir. The pace of work was constant and very professional. I found my work colleagues very knowledgeable and approachable.
I went for two face to face interviews, I passed over, they gave me an offer verbally. Simply waiting for the contract in written to sign up, and suddenly they told me I was very senior for this role and they gave the offer to someone else. I never seen this unprofessional approach at any company along my professional career. Advise to management: Don't treat people badly, as skilled professionals walk away!!!
Pros
Cons
Stay away from them, honestly!!
Messy and lacks any organisation. False promises. The people I worked with were great. There was just always something wrong. The bonuses i feel as if they look for any reason not to give them. Need to invest more! The team leaders and everything are great and really do the best they can. You will meet some great people there.
It was a pleasure to work for Eir, staff & colleagues made the job easier Always a great help, I worked great as part of a team,always received a good bonus at the end of every month as I always reached my
Pros
Always reached my target and got a good bonus each month
Cons
I was made redundant in March 2019
Very busy target orientated and very competitive requires a lot of patience to deal with customers queries, while giving them the necessary info to ensure they don't make the same mistake
Lied to at interviews Lied to during training The bonus is great but they kept changing targets so you couldn’t get it, they don’t care about staff or customers, just stats and how many calls you can take
Don't work here, they give you targets to get bonus then change the criteria, they don't care about employees or customers they only care about call volumes and how many calls you can answer a day
The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for I would never recommend them to anyone.. every day there is never rules no one has a clue what they are doing, call agents are treated like muck. Management dont seem to understand what agents are put through on the calls, there is no understanding no one cares. All the company cares about are stats and not customer care. They dont care about the staff or they the customers. Thankfully I no longer work there anymore but trying to get my wage that they owe me is like trying to draw blood from a stone. Hr dont care and it's not looking like they care. Cause they dont.DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Literally the worst company I've ever worked for, management dont care or dont seem to care and you are over worked and underpaid due to managements poor decision making time and time again. Stay well away from this dark hole.
Cliquey work environment! Management focused on stats not the wellbeing of their staff. Next to no training. Multiple systems that contradict each other. No communication between departments. High staff turnover. Extremely difficult to solve customer issues. Not enough staff in the busiest departments which makes customers extremely irrate. Toxic work environment & no flexibility.
The worst employer I have ever had. I have never been so disappointed. for just over minimum wage they control most of your day, will find more ways of getting more of your time for nothing. They will " Promote" you yet still no wage increase. The management doesn't know what its doing, conflicting messages from the top of the ladder on a daily basis, that at the end of the day effects your stats and therefore your wage. The start of the day you must take your first call bang on the start time . what they don't tell you is you must be in work roughly 15/20 mins before this as the sub-standard pc they are using there takes that long to boot up. Strict rules put in place that will be blatantly broken by Team Leaders in plain view.
Pros
The day eventually ends
Cons
everything about it