EIR Employee Reviews

Ireland42 reviews
Featured review
EIR selected this as a representative review
Competitive and Rewarding
A job that will reward you for going above and beyond expected duties. Great people work in the company and a good culture is evident in each store. You write your own pay check.
Can be stressful
Stressful, they seem to bend a lot to certain customers. Whereby, allowing the employee to take brunt of all issues even when proven it is not.
Managers are very approachable.
Fast Paced and Stressful Enviroment
1. Call Quality was quite Strict
2. 10 minutes of personal time to fo toilet a day is not enough

3. Hold time was only allowed to be used if it had to
Pros
9-5.30 working hours
Cons
Personal time
Very productive and easy work environment
I've enjoyed my time working in Eir.
The pace of work was constant and very professional.

I found my work colleagues very knowledgeable and approachable.
The Worst place to work ever (This review must be read!!)
I went for two face to face interviews, I passed over, they gave me an offer verbally. Simply waiting for the contract in written to sign up, and suddenly they told me I was very senior for this role and they gave the offer to someone else. I never seen this unprofessional approach at any company along my professional career. Advise to management: Don't treat people badly, as skilled professionals walk away!!!
Pros
Cons
Stay away from them, honestly!!
Competitive. Stats oriented
Messy and lacks any organisation. False promises. The people I worked with were great. There was just always something wrong. The bonuses i feel as if they look for any reason not to give them. Need to invest more! The team leaders and everything are great and really do the best they can. You will meet some great people there.
Loved my job at Eir for the past 9 years
It was a pleasure to work for Eir, staff & colleagues made the job easier Always a great help, I worked great as part of a team,always received a good bonus at the end of every month as I always reached my
Pros
Always reached my target and got a good bonus each month
Cons
I was made redundant in March 2019
Great people and good working enviornment
Very busy target orientated and very competitive requires a lot of patience to deal with customers queries, while giving them the necessary info to ensure they don't make the same mistake
Awful place to work
Lied to at interviews
Lied to during training

The bonus is great but they kept changing targets so you couldn’t get it, they don’t care about staff or customers, just stats and how many calls you can take
Think again
Don't work here, they give you targets to get bonus then change the criteria, they don't care about employees or customers they only care about call volumes and how many calls you can answer a day
Worst company
The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for I would never recommend them to anyone.. every day there is never rules no one has a clue what they are doing, call agents are treated like muck. Management dont seem to understand what agents are put through on the calls, there is no understanding no one cares. All the company cares about are stats and not customer care. They dont care about the staff or they the customers. Thankfully I no longer work there anymore but trying to get my wage that they owe me is like trying to draw blood from a stone. Hr dont care and it's not looking like they care. Cause they dont.DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Poorly managed poorly paid
Literally the worst company I've ever worked for, management dont care or dont seem to care and you are over worked and underpaid due to managements poor decision making time and time again. Stay well away from this dark hole.
Toxic environment
Cliquey work environment! Management focused on stats not the wellbeing of their staff. Next to no training. Multiple systems that contradict each other. No communication between departments. High staff turnover. Extremely difficult to solve customer issues. Not enough staff in the busiest departments which makes customers extremely irrate. Toxic work environment & no flexibility.
Nightmare
The worst employer I have ever had. I have never been so disappointed. for just over minimum wage they control most of your day, will find more ways of getting more of your time for nothing. They will " Promote" you yet still no wage increase.

The management doesn't know what its doing, conflicting messages from the top of the ladder on a daily basis, that at the end of the day effects your stats and therefore your wage.

The start of the day you must take your first call bang on the start time . what they don't tell you is you must be in work roughly 15/20 mins before this as the sub-standard pc they are using there takes that long to boot up.

Strict rules put in place that will be blatantly broken by Team Leaders in plain view.
Pros
The day eventually ends
Cons
everything about it
Job with work and life balance
Work in Eir has been providing me an opportunity to work in company that is renovating itself.
I have daily challenges working in Roaming. I am currently working on the expansion of the roaming coverage footprint of Eir and I am improving my professional skills day by day.
Pros
Constantly changing working environment, Salary, Telecommunication Industry
Cons
Head office location, canteen facilities
Great atmosphere and culture.
Eir has some very unique USP and is perfectly position to exploit those in the business space. Their existing customers trust air to deliver and are very open to looking at new services from eir.
They looked after their employees and had a good management culture when it came to work life balance.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
None that i can think of.
Fun place to work in
Overall its an okay place to work in. There was trouble with wages payment to all the staff few times. Management is not too bad. People are friendly and kind.
Needs improvement
typical day started with doing reports on sales results for the previous day. A lot of on the spot changes so need to be able to think on your feet and us initiative.

Management are approachable, but very naïve to the business needs and very eager to approve time off at short notice to "Boost Morale".

Very diverse company - always willing to give people a chance.
Pros
25 Days AL, Paid Sick
Cons
High Level of expectation for Small Salaries
Should talk to government of buying a 50 per cent share of company .
Good company with great staff but depleted,a missed opportunity by the government not to have taken ownership of Eir as with all the exchanges around Ireland,it would have made sense to operate as wholesale company to all the virtual companies operating,Maybe the owner might discuss selling 49 per cent of company?.
productive and fun workplace
● Handling inbound customer calls and queries through to resolution with focus on first-time resolve
● Escalate calls upwards efficiently to next level for fast resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.

● Deal efficiently & effectively to all customer queries whilst maintaining call quality through every call at all time.

● Maintaining call quality on every call – at all times demonstrating constant excellent customer

Service in every engagement.
Pros
long break
quality of the CALLS

lease with team leaders

meeting with the team in the mornings

dealing with queryed issues

people that work here are amazing people

deserve more that there given
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a