EIR Employee Reviews

Should talk to government of buying a 50 per cent share of company .
Technician now With 1981_2013 (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 May 2019
Good company with great staff but depleted,a missed opportunity by the government not to have taken ownership of Eir as with all the exchanges around Ireland,it would have made sense to operate as wholesale company to all the virtual companies operating,Maybe the owner might discuss selling 49 per cent of company?.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2019
● Handling inbound customer calls and queries through to resolution with focus on first-time resolve
● Escalate calls upwards efficiently to next level for fast resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.
● Deal efficiently & effectively to all customer queries whilst maintaining call quality through every call at all time.
● Maintaining call quality on every call – at all times demonstrating constant excellent customer
Service in every engagement.
Pros
long break
TEAM MENTOR (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin2 April 2019
quality of the CALLS

lease with team leaders

meeting with the team in the mornings

dealing with queryed issues

people that work here are amazing people

deserve more that there given
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great people in a company with many strands
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2019
In 11 years I have had the fantastic opportunity to work with some fantastic people & projects. Fast paced & constantly evolving work place with exciting product & service solutions.

I learnt my trade with Eir & was fortunate to be afforded lots of opportunity to explore new roles & move up the ladder.

The culture has suffered with the repeated change in ownership & direction. Current ownership appears to have a clear objective.
Pros
People
Cons
Lower than average salary
eir was a fun workplace with many opportunities to advance
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 March 2019
eir was a fun workplace with many opportunities to advance .a typical day would start of with an agent logging into their systems 10 mns before their shift as the systems can sometimes not work then the agent would take calls. Different calls required different troubleshooting it would be up to the agent to determine what steps to take and the quickest way to resolve the issue. during the call the agent takes notes and has to keep the customer calm. After the troubleshooting process its is up to the agent to determine what the best steps to rectify the customer complaint is . depending on how severe the customers issue is the agent may be required to make a call back to insure that the problem was solved.
So far so good
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo12 February 2019
I'm only here a short while but am enjoying it. It is a big change from hospitality, Have learned a lot and the systems are not that complicated. Team leaders are great so far . Hardest part of the Job is dealing with long wait times and customers get frustrated
Pros
9-5 Monday - Friday
Cons
Training could be more structured
Don't join Eir for your sanity
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sligo24 January 2019
Eir is chaotic. You'll get actual nightmares, go home feeling awful about yourself, and dread waking up just to have more abuse yelled at you. It's all smiles and freedom when you first show up, but then they start with the red tape, laying down more and more restrictions on how you can do things until you're just a drone for them. It's kind of shocking how little they actually care about customers anymore, all I ever heard about when I made an attempt to help people genuinely is "It's going to impact your stats", and if I'm being honest, this company doesn't even have any good products to begin with anyway, so you have to try to pretend Eir is the best everyday, when you know it's not. If I had to say anything positive, the people I worked with were sound, but I rarely got to interact with anyone so it doesn't matter
Pros
Sound people
Cons
It crushes what little glimmer of happiness you have left
Avoid avoid avoid
Customer care Agent (Former Employee) –  Cork8 January 2019
I worked in the churchfield office for just over a year The place is toxic, that is the only word for it.management are in a click and you will not get anywhere unless your in with the manager and their chosen few. No progression, no opportunities, The company is chaotic to say the least. No support, no help from team leaders, it was almost like when you approached one you got the attitude "why come to me plenty of other people on the floor"

Management and their group come and go as they please, they do the bare minimum and are praised for it, while agents can barely take the time off a call to go to the bathroom without being chastised like a school child Staff drop like flies up there and it is solely due to management (or lack off). No canteen, few basic vending machines salary not great. Avoid if possible. favouritism is rampant up there, and if your in the click your sorted.it was sickening to watch good people who worked hard get no thanks,and the people who sat around (trying to look busy) got praised. Management have the place destroyed. And that is my view from working there. How i lasted as long as i did i will never know, but i ran the minute i got offered another job.
Cons
Challenging role encompassing everything in Retail
Head of Group Retail (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 November 2018
Extremely fast paced industry with evolving culture. Change of management and owner has been regular that has led to some uncertainty in the business.
Pros
Busy environment
Chaotic workplace
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2018
Hard work is not recognised, you need to become friends with the right people to progress. Constantly changing management and vendors result in no structure and overall chaos.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Enjoyed my career there. Targets were tough but achievable.
Great resources and traiing provided. A mix of cultures across different divisions. Great coaching and development from direct line managers
goede stage
stage engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 April 2018
leuk bedrijf, leuke stage, veel geleerd over netwerken
Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick22 March 2018
Wouldn't recommend Eir. Their products are over priced compared to competitors, targets can be unrealistic. Customers try to get free products which we are unable to do.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Unrealistic targets
Extreme responsibility
Test Environment Support and Deployment (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 November 2017
I enjoy working at Eir. However, I have a lot of responsibility which involves a lot of multitasking. I handle the offshore team as well, so I get calls at 6 am in the morning. I go to office at 9 am.

The most enjoyable part is that I get to interact with various stakeholders due to my job profile.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 October 2017
Working there 7 years and would just like a change in environment, I'm part of a great team and have met friends for life, just interested in a change
Pros
Flexible shift
Cons
Poorly run, not like it used to be
great environment
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2017
Getting to work everyday and learning new things everyday either by the customers by the agents even by the management is what motivates me on a daily base
The surroundings is all decorated with bright colours which always makes you to look around
The trainning is good in the sense that not only do you learn but can be applied to ones daily activities
The agents are friendly willingly to help in any way to solve customers issue
It has its hard days but weighing that there is lot more fun once you are a team player.
Productive an good learning environment
Retention consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 May 2017
Taking 30 calls each day or more.
I learned how to listen and empathize with customers, use online systems, prevent the cancellation of contracts and offer new plans and products that suit the needs of customers.
Management was very helpful, assisting me whenever I needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was fast paced. I was kept busy and it didn't feel like work as it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Bonus per month
Fun and Helpful workplace
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 March 2017
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and speaking to different people on the phone and selling the products. i learned how to sell products, deal with different customers and manage accounts.
Pros
good food
Cons
Were a good company to worlk for
Custome Sales And Service (Current Employee) –  Galway18 January 2017
No longer a job for life. Huge turnover in staff. Colleagues are fantastic but very pressurised envoirnment to work in now. Was not always like that but the company has moved and only want contract workers now
Pros
Flexible in working hours to suit family life
Cons
very statistics orientated
you have to manage yourself
Manage Service Center UC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 November 2016
you have to manage yourself, managers are not interested to do business together with eployees, nice and helpful co-workers,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EIR. Our community is ready to answer.

EIR Reviews by Location