EIR Employee Reviews

Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo12 August 2019
Cliquey work environment! Management focused on stats not the wellbeing of their staff. Next to no training. Multiple systems that contradict each other. No communication between departments. High staff turnover. Extremely difficult to solve customer issues. Not enough staff in the busiest departments which makes customers extremely irrate. Toxic work environment & no flexibility.
Nightmare
Agent (Former Employee) –  Sligo2 August 2019
The worst employer I have ever had. I have never been so disappointed. for just over minimum wage they control most of your day, will find more ways of getting more of your time for nothing. They will " Promote" you yet still no wage increase.

The management doesn't know what its doing, conflicting messages from the top of the ladder on a daily basis, that at the end of the day effects your stats and therefore your wage.

The start of the day you must take your first call bang on the start time . what they don't tell you is you must be in work roughly 15/20 mins before this as the sub-standard pc they are using there takes that long to boot up.

Strict rules put in place that will be blatantly broken by Team Leaders in plain view.
Pros
The day eventually ends
Cons
everything about it
Great atmosphere and culture.
Mobile Specialist in Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Cork11 June 2019
Eir has some very unique USP and is perfectly position to exploit those in the business space. Their existing customers trust air to deliver and are very open to looking at new services from eir.
They looked after their employees and had a good management culture when it came to work life balance.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
None that i can think of.
Fun place to work in
Customer Value Management (Current Employee) –  Cork6 June 2019
Overall its an okay place to work in. There was trouble with wages payment to all the staff few times. Management is not too bad. People are friendly and kind.
Needs improvement
Dialler Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2019
typical day started with doing reports on sales results for the previous day. A lot of on the spot changes so need to be able to think on your feet and us initiative.

Management are approachable, but very naïve to the business needs and very eager to approve time off at short notice to "Boost Morale".

Very diverse company - always willing to give people a chance.
Pros
25 Days AL, Paid Sick
Cons
High Level of expectation for Small Salaries
Should talk to government of buying a 50 per cent share of company .
Technician now With 1981_2013 (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 May 2019
Good company with great staff but depleted,a missed opportunity by the government not to have taken ownership of Eir as with all the exchanges around Ireland,it would have made sense to operate as wholesale company to all the virtual companies operating,Maybe the owner might discuss selling 49 per cent of company?.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2019
● Handling inbound customer calls and queries through to resolution with focus on first-time resolve
● Escalate calls upwards efficiently to next level for fast resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.
● Deal efficiently & effectively to all customer queries whilst maintaining call quality through every call at all time.
● Maintaining call quality on every call – at all times demonstrating constant excellent customer
Service in every engagement.
Pros
long break
TEAM MENTOR (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin2 April 2019
quality of the CALLS

lease with team leaders

meeting with the team in the mornings

dealing with queryed issues

people that work here are amazing people

deserve more that there given
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great people in a company with many strands
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2019
In 11 years I have had the fantastic opportunity to work with some fantastic people & projects. Fast paced & constantly evolving work place with exciting product & service solutions.

I learnt my trade with Eir & was fortunate to be afforded lots of opportunity to explore new roles & move up the ladder.

The culture has suffered with the repeated change in ownership & direction. Current ownership appears to have a clear objective.
Pros
People
Cons
Lower than average salary
eir was a fun workplace with many opportunities to advance
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 March 2019
eir was a fun workplace with many opportunities to advance .a typical day would start of with an agent logging into their systems 10 mns before their shift as the systems can sometimes not work then the agent would take calls. Different calls required different troubleshooting it would be up to the agent to determine what steps to take and the quickest way to resolve the issue. during the call the agent takes notes and has to keep the customer calm. After the troubleshooting process its is up to the agent to determine what the best steps to rectify the customer complaint is . depending on how severe the customers issue is the agent may be required to make a call back to insure that the problem was solved.
Don't join Eir for your sanity
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sligo24 January 2019
Eir is chaotic. You'll get actual nightmares, go home feeling awful about yourself, and dread waking up just to have more abuse yelled at you. It's all smiles and freedom when you first show up, but then they start with the red tape, laying down more and more restrictions on how you can do things until you're just a drone for them. It's kind of shocking how little they actually care about customers anymore, all I ever heard about when I made an attempt to help people genuinely is "It's going to impact your stats", and if I'm being honest, this company doesn't even have any good products to begin with anyway, so you have to try to pretend Eir is the best everyday, when you know it's not. If I had to say anything positive, the people I worked with were sound, but I rarely got to interact with anyone so it doesn't matter
Pros
Sound people
Cons
It crushes what little glimmer of happiness you have left
Avoid avoid avoid
Customer care Agent (Former Employee) –  Cork8 January 2019
I worked in the churchfield office for just over a year The place is toxic, that is the only word for it.management are in a click and you will not get anywhere unless your in with the manager and their chosen few. No progression, no opportunities, The company is chaotic to say the least. No support, no help from team leaders, it was almost like when you approached one you got the attitude "why come to me plenty of other people on the floor"

Management and their group come and go as they please, they do the bare minimum and are praised for it, while agents can barely take the time off a call to go to the bathroom without being chastised like a school child Staff drop like flies up there and it is solely due to management (or lack off). No canteen, few basic vending machines salary not great. Avoid if possible. favouritism is rampant up there, and if your in the click your sorted.it was sickening to watch good people who worked hard get no thanks,and the people who sat around (trying to look busy) got praised. Management have the place destroyed. And that is my view from working there. How i lasted as long as i did i will never know, but i ran the minute i got offered another job.
Cons
Challenging role encompassing everything in Retail
Head of Group Retail (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 November 2018
Extremely fast paced industry with evolving culture. Change of management and owner has been regular that has led to some uncertainty in the business.
Pros
Busy environment
Chaotic workplace
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2018
Hard work is not recognised, you need to become friends with the right people to progress. Constantly changing management and vendors result in no structure and overall chaos.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Enjoyed my career there. Targets were tough but achievable.
Great resources and traiing provided. A mix of cultures across different divisions. Great coaching and development from direct line managers
goede stage
stage engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 April 2018
leuk bedrijf, leuke stage, veel geleerd over netwerken
Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick22 March 2018
Wouldn't recommend Eir. Their products are over priced compared to competitors, targets can be unrealistic. Customers try to get free products which we are unable to do.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Unrealistic targets
Extreme responsibility
Test Environment Support and Deployment (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 November 2017
I enjoy working at Eir. However, I have a lot of responsibility which involves a lot of multitasking. I handle the offshore team as well, so I get calls at 6 am in the morning. I go to office at 9 am.

The most enjoyable part is that I get to interact with various stakeholders due to my job profile.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 October 2017
Working there 7 years and would just like a change in environment, I'm part of a great team and have met friends for life, just interested in a change
Pros
Flexible shift
Cons
Poorly run, not like it used to be
great environment
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2017
Getting to work everyday and learning new things everyday either by the customers by the agents even by the management is what motivates me on a daily base
The surroundings is all decorated with bright colours which always makes you to look around
The trainning is good in the sense that not only do you learn but can be applied to ones daily activities
The agents are friendly willingly to help in any way to solve customers issue
It has its hard days but weighing that there is lot more fun once you are a team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EIR. Our community is ready to answer.

EIR Reviews by Location