Eishtec Employee Reviews

Horrible
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Wexford Town, County Wexford7 January 2020
I've worked in eishtec twice both service and technical support its the most stressful job I've ever experienced I have been reduced to tears I've gone home in tears not only because of the types of phone calls I received on a daily basis people screaming and shouting at you about things that are completely beyond your control some of the staff are okay alot of the staff are up on a hierarchy horse and think because they have shire status than you they can speak to you like your stupid I ended up leaving as I had an anxiety attack on the live floor and only 1 person actually asked was I okay a normal staff member not higher than me stay clear of this place it's horrible
Horrible
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Wexford26 December 2019
Only marginally better than unemployment. Pointless training, long hours and hard work. Management is basically useless. Avoid at all costs. Incredibly negative atmosphere, you’re basically not allowed be sick, and it is very difficult get time off
Pros
Cons
It’ll make you depressed
Not an enjoyable job
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford18 December 2019
The job is constant abuse on calls and way to draining and effective on mental health. Its almost impossible to get a day off or book holidays. After a couple weeks work you start to realise the effevts the job has on your health
Workplace was a very fast paced environment with little breaks.
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary8 December 2019
I don't believe I was suited to it but the work environment can be a bit too much. There is a lot to learn and you have to try remember it all and apply it in a very stressful fast paced environment with short breaks. Also, I only got 10-12 minutes of a personal break and going to the bathroom counted as a personal break, so I had to sacrifice my basic needs as a human in order not to get in trouble.
Good Job
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Wexford20 November 2019
Before I started, I heard a lot of bad things from friends who had previously worked there, but I can't seem to find anything wrong with working with Eishtec. You have to be thick skinned, because some of the callers are very rude and obnoxious, but once you have a way with people you will be ok. The managers are very understanding and care for you, which is what I really like. You are off every 3rd weekend, which is great! You get commission pay on top of your salary. The other employees are very interactive and they do their best to help one another. Your working pattern changes every week, you could be doing a early morning shift 8am till 4:30pm, late morning 10:30am till 19:00pm or a afternoon shift 12:30pm till 9:00pm but this can sometimes change. You can work overtime if you wish, and you can swap shifts with your colleagues. Eishtec provide their staff with fresh fruit in the canteen and the canteen staff are very lovely people.
Stay clear of this place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford19 November 2019
Absolutely hated working here, really negative work environment and management simple don't care at all about well being of anybody on the floor. The job did get stressful at times and didn't really pay much.

Training is a complete joke and utter lies. Only positive thing here was the work colleagues i started with. Place really needs a change in management fast.
Dont Recommend To Anyone!
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterford14 November 2019
The best part of the job is the two weeks training in the classroom and meeting new people. Then when you actually start taking calls it's horrible. Mentally draining, you really need to be thick skinned! Nearly every phone call you get is just problems and at the start you don't really have a clue what your doing it gets very stressful. And if you leave before six months is up they take money from your last wage to cover the training fees (this is in your contract at the start) but just to be aware of it.
Ok
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Tipperary14 November 2019
Poor pay, not a good job for your health. A lot of people just ignorant on the phone to you I think to stay in the job I’d have to be paid at least 13 euro an hour
Reference
Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterford10 November 2019
Great place to work. Friendly staff. Lovely canteen and workspace. Great locker rooms for changing post and pre work. Great drive to perform nice off campus exercises
Don't do it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary5 November 2019
Worst environmental ever to work in.
Statistics based job but if you are off them statistics even by the tiniest amounts the actual mental abuse you suffer is unbearable. Also, the more you do for them the worse off you are for it. I used to jump up and help if the needed over time or any extra work done, worked my noodle off to try and make me my way up in the company but I was just abused by upper management. Mainly one person in there making life miserable for everyone but nothing is done with him for it. if you value your mental health then stay away.
Diverting staff; dire, directionless management structure
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Waterford30 October 2019
Excellent potential staff intake, who after quite good initial training, quickly become disaffected. This is mainly due to Eishtec "management" merely acting as pawns to its client companies with no control over goals, strategy & day-to-day targets. This is manifested in an appauling lack of clarity (or duplicity) in the way sales are recorded and commission subsequently rewarded. High staff turnover results. At best it is a good job for a Student income supplement; never a career.
Eishtec
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Drinagh, County Wexford29 October 2019
this place is fast paced, no doubt about that, you are dealing with the UK public. you will be expected to work all bank holidays, thats just the way it is. The work is very hard, call after call, but if you are thick skinned and do not let things get you down then give it a try, what have you got to loose. The wages are not great but its enough to keep the wolf from the door.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
long hours, shift work, hard graft
Great place to work.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Wexford25 October 2019
I ve been here for a year, really love it everyday. everyday is different as you speak to many different customers everyday. If you do well theres a chance to get promotions too.
Helltec
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Waterford17 October 2019
Ok for first job but be prepared to not want to stay longer than 6months-year
Training is the best part of Eishtec , 2 weeks in classroom environment with fun games /bonding activities , great to make new friends and have good times all while getting paid. Once this is over be prepared for mentally draining days on phone and terrible management who just play games on their phones all day .
The days I dread sometimes in work, the management and workplace could be improved.
Front Line Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Wexford Town, County Wexford14 October 2019
I find the managers could do with training to gain basic management skills. I also find the environment isn’t great for many reasons. The pay for the job should be better with incentives and bonuses.
Eishtec
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary10 October 2019
Team leaders are reluctant to take manager calls and you're treated differently if you don't fit in the 'group'
Constantly monitored on stats and there's always a reward if you do well that never happens
Operations managers are nice and do help where they can but the team leaders need more training in my opinion
Team leaders also lack in empathy and don't seem to understand that not everyone is a star performer
I wish i read the reviews first
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wexford9 October 2019
These reviews aren't joking, i wish i had of believed them. No breaks in between calls and its normally call after call. Management are ridiculous, half the time they give out when you ask for help on difficult calls. Management are quick to pull u up on everything u do wrong,will give u disciplinary meetings to tell u how bad you are its like they love to belittle you, but when u ask for help, they wont do anything for you. You can get abuse on the phone and will get given out to if u dont "pitch" or try sell your already angry customer more products. Team briefs and one and ones are rare and are usually canceled minutes before one is due. This is not for those who suffer from depression, TRUST ME. Staff moral is a no go and days off are difficult to get. Part time staff always have to work weekends and you dont get one off. You get 10 minutes of "personal break" which is 10 minutes out of your 8/10/12 hour shift, for u to go to the bathroom.... Its really not worth it. BELIEVE THE REVIEWS!!
would recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford26 September 2019
if your looking for a fast passed working environment this would e perfect the only down side would be the abuse you receive from customers daily,
but so long as your will minded this wouldnt be an issue
Terrible place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford17 September 2019
You get added to extra campaigns or lines sometimes without any notice or agreeing too. I worked in tech support and the only focus seemed to be upselling. It's tough to turn a complaint or a fault with device (the reason they're probably calling tech support) into a sale. And all the TL's and Operations managers cared about was sales. aggressive and sometimes racist customers And it is though to get time off.

The team leaders are nice, and as helpful as the can with their limited power.
Pros
Make good friends
Cons
Jumping through hoops for minimum wage
Unpleasant workplace and job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wexford17 September 2019
The job is quite stressful due to dealing with unhappy customers who are often abusive, and getting very little support from most managers with difficult calls. There is a lot of pressure to meet targets for stats and sales, the stats were changed to be even tougher when we were reaching them so basically you're never rewarded for doing well but instead expected to keep doing better. Generally the people working with you are decent, about the only thing that is in the job.