Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

The best part about working for Electronic Arts was that every day presented something new, interesting and usually challenging - boredom was rarely an issue! The organisational culture was something to treasure; open and unheirarchical, a junior analyst could chat with a senior director and it wouldn't be uncommon. Unfortunately, where I felt a little let down was in the organisational structure of the Customer Service Organisation, or more specifically the lack thereof. It wasn't that there wasn't a clear OrgChart or division you could look up, the problem was that there was a dramatic organisational restructure every year, or every time a member of the leadership team departed or was hired. WWCE (the customer service org) suffered greatly from this, as tenured teams were often axed wholesale to make way for the new organisational flavour of the month, and those teams lucky enough to survive the sweeping changes with their headcount intact often found themselves reporting into entirely unfamiliar department heads who understood little if anything about the team's raison d'etre.
Pros
Great perks, free games, free ice cream, good time off, good salary
Cons
Long hours during launch season, varying management standards
Amazing workplace culture. Inclusive, collaborative and supportive. If you have your priorities right you can make a great career there. Unfortunately, sometimes the place was very much underappreciated by the employees, usually the ones who never worked in another place before.
If you are the type to tell tales, run to management, suck up and be a “yes” person, then you’re likely what they are looking for if you’re opinion isn’t the one they gave you, then you’re not in the yes club and you’re going nowhere
Pros
Salary and benefits are decent, especially if you’re a language adviser. If your local, forget it
Cons
No concept of work/life balance. Work ethic and experience is irrelevant
aprendi muito fiz amigos e fopi muito divertido recomendo
worked there for one year and still want to get back into if possible ver friendly team mates and Team Leaders stopped working there to get to see something else but would go back
I worked at EA Galway from 2012 to 2013 supporting an online game. Once the game (Star Wars: The Old Republic) was established, many agents were moved to support other games. I would compare the work to that of a call center; answering queries about account information, technical or in-game issues. It was a fine job and paid the bills. In the early days the hours were unsociable, but it did improve toward the end of my tenure there. I left as I felt that there were no opportunities for career advancement in order to expand my own skill set. Once I realized that I did not want to be doing the same thing every day, and the commute via public transport as I wasn't able to drive; I decided to leave. The perks were great (free games ever year), but I found that the management (while I was there) were not very open with the agents as to immediate plans and information which I (we, the agents) had to discover for ourselves.
The entry jobs are not very demanding when it comes to knowledge, which can be frustrating and boring at times, but you have to be a disciplined "corporate" type to thrive here. You have to put up with very repetitive work. If you're not good at networking, you will stay in your (entry) position for a very long time, as your abilities beyond what is necessary for everyday work are completely irrelevant. Also there are so-called "blackouts" for vacation and the company has little regard to whether you have a family or not, so it's best suited for singles without attachments. I wouldn't say it's a bad company, because I had a nice time there, but you have to be a certain type of person to be happy with the jobs they offer.
Pros
Easy going work, free ice cream, free games
Cons
As in every corporation, you're just a number and can be replaced
Really enjoy my time here and learn't a lot from the management team and as a benefit had one of the best teams I had the pleasure to manage. keep up the good work.
A great place to work, fun and hard working people with great opportunity for advancement. The hours can be unsocial and new product launch's can be stressful but overall a very positive place to work with above average salary and great benefits.
A company that looks after their employee and let them grow. I have absolutely no complaint on the company itself. I was in Galway though, the city is not great, if they were based in Dublin I would have never left the company.
Pros
Work balance, good canteen
Cons
In electronic arts it was difficult to work as a customer service specialist. The work life balance is difficult to get use to as there is no steady rotation in the office.
Hard place to work - working lots of hours, taking call after call. Customers are not very nice over the phone. The company is alright, good benefits
benefits
Cons
long hours - focused on numbers/stats
Productive workplace with a range of tasks I deal with a range of issues, VIP clients and I work closely with management, also work on a self managed team who work mainly on their own initiative and to tight time frames and deadlines.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Shift work can be quite exhausting