Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Games Advisor (Former Employee) –  County Galway11 November 2019
worked there for one year and still want to get back into if possible
ver friendly team mates and Team Leaders

stopped working there to get to see something else but would go back
Call centre work with great benefits, not much career advancement
In-Game Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkmore, County Galway6 February 2019
I worked at EA Galway from 2012 to 2013 supporting an online game. Once the game (Star Wars: The Old Republic) was established, many agents were moved to support other games.

I would compare the work to that of a call center; answering queries about account information, technical or in-game issues. It was a fine job and paid the bills. In the early days the hours were unsociable, but it did improve toward the end of my tenure there.

I left as I felt that there were no opportunities for career advancement in order to expand my own skill set. Once I realized that I did not want to be doing the same thing every day, and the commute via public transport as I wasn't able to drive; I decided to leave.

The perks were great (free games ever year), but I found that the management (while I was there) were not very open with the agents as to immediate plans and information which I (we, the agents) had to discover for ourselves.
Excellent place, if you're a corporate person
Games advisor (Former Employee) –  Galway15 December 2017
The entry jobs are not very demanding when it comes to knowledge, which can be frustrating and boring at times, but you have to be a disciplined "corporate" type to thrive here. You have to put up with very repetitive work. If you're not good at networking, you will stay in your (entry) position for a very long time, as your abilities beyond what is necessary for everyday work are completely irrelevant. Also there are so-called "blackouts" for vacation and the company has little regard to whether you have a family or not, so it's best suited for singles without attachments. I wouldn't say it's a bad company, because I had a nice time there, but you have to be a certain type of person to be happy with the jobs they offer.
Pros
Easy going work, free ice cream, free games
Cons
As in every corporation, you're just a number and can be replaced
Great Place
Vendor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Galway8 December 2016
Really enjoy my time here and learn't a lot from the management team and as a benefit had one of the best teams I had the pleasure to manage.

keep up the good work.
Fun and hard working
Global Quality Coach (Former Employee) –  Galway21 November 2016
A great place to work, fun and hard working people with great opportunity for advancement. The hours can be unsocial and new product launch's can be stressful but overall a very positive place to work with above average salary and great benefits.
Best job I ever had
Game Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galway, G30 October 2015
A company that looks after their employee and let them grow. I have absolutely no complaint on the company itself. I was in Galway though, the city is not great, if they were based in Dublin I would have never left the company.
Pros
Work balance, good canteen
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Representative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galway7 October 2015
In electronic arts it was difficult to work as a customer service specialist. The work life balance is difficult to get use to as there is no steady rotation in the office.
An OK place to work
French Advisor (Current Employee) –  Galway, G12 June 2014
Hard place to work - working lots of hours, taking call after call. Customers are not very nice over the phone.
The company is alright, good benefits
benefits
Cons
long hours - focused on numbers/stats
Productive workplace with a range of tasks
Executive Customer Relations Agent (Current Employee) –  Ballybrit,Galway20 June 2013
Productive workplace with a range of tasks

I deal with a range of issues, VIP clients and I work closely with management, also work on a self managed team who work mainly on their own initiative and to tight time frames and deadlines.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Shift work can be quite exhausting