Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Management reviews

The best part about working for Electronic Arts was that every day presented something new, interesting and usually challenging - boredom was rarely an issue! The organisational culture was something to treasure; open and unheirarchical, a junior analyst could chat with a senior director and it wouldn't be uncommon. Unfortunately, where I felt a little let down was in the organisational structure of the Customer Service Organisation, or more specifically the lack thereof. It wasn't that there wasn't a clear OrgChart or division you could look up, the problem was that there was a dramatic organisational restructure every year, or every time a member of the leadership team departed or was hired. WWCE (the customer service org) suffered greatly from this, as tenured teams were often axed wholesale to make way for the new organisational flavour of the month, and those teams lucky enough to survive the sweeping changes with their headcount intact often found themselves reporting into entirely unfamiliar department heads who understood little if anything about the team's raison d'etre.
Pros
Great perks, free games, free ice cream, good time off, good salary
Cons
Long hours during launch season, varying management standards
If you are the type to tell tales, run to management, suck up and be a “yes” person, then you’re likely what they are looking for if you’re opinion isn’t the one they gave you, then you’re not in the yes club and you’re going nowhere
Pros
Salary and benefits are decent, especially if you’re a language adviser. If your local, forget it
Cons
No concept of work/life balance. Work ethic and experience is irrelevant
I worked at EA Galway from 2012 to 2013 supporting an online game. Once the game (Star Wars: The Old Republic) was established, many agents were moved to support other games. I would compare the work to that of a call center; answering queries about account information, technical or in-game issues. It was a fine job and paid the bills. In the early days the hours were unsociable, but it did improve toward the end of my tenure there. I left as I felt that there were no opportunities for career advancement in order to expand my own skill set. Once I realized that I did not want to be doing the same thing every day, and the commute via public transport as I wasn't able to drive; I decided to leave. The perks were great (free games ever year), but I found that the management (while I was there) were not very open with the agents as to immediate plans and information which I (we, the agents) had to discover for ourselves.
Really enjoy my time here and learn't a lot from the management team and as a benefit had one of the best teams I had the pleasure to manage. keep up the good work.
Productive workplace with a range of tasks I deal with a range of issues, VIP clients and I work closely with management, also work on a self managed team who work mainly on their own initiative and to tight time frames and deadlines.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Shift work can be quite exhausting