Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Employee Review

Customer Service Specialist

7 October 2015
In electronic arts it was difficult to work as a customer service specialist. The work life balance is difficult to get use to as there is no steady rotation in the office.
6 February 2019
Same role
In-Game Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Parkmore, County Galway
I worked at EA Galway from 2012 to 2013 supporting an online game. Once the game (Star Wars: The Old Republic) was established, many agents were moved to support other games.

I would compare the work to that of a call center; answering queries about account information, technical or in-game issues. It was a fine job and paid the bills. In the early days the hours were unsociable, but it did improve toward the end of my tenure there.

I left as I felt that there were no opportunities for career advancement in order to expand my own skill set. Once I realized that I did not want to be doing the same thing every day, and the commute via public transport as I wasn't able to drive; I decided to leave.

The perks were great (free games ever year), but I found that the management (while I was there) were not very open with the agents as to immediate plans and information which I (we, the agents) had to discover for ourselves.
12 June 2020
Same location
Game Specialist (Former Employee) - Galway
Amazing workplace culture. Inclusive, collaborative and supportive. If you have your priorities right you can make a great career there. Unfortunately, sometimes the place was very much underappreciated by the employees, usually the ones who never worked in another place before.
17 April 2020
Same location
Fraud (Former Employee) - Galway
If you are the type to tell tales, run to management, suck up and be a “yes” person, then you’re likely what they are looking for if you’re opinion isn’t the one they gave you, then you’re not in the yes club and you’re going nowhere
Pros
Salary and benefits are decent, especially if you’re a language adviser. If your local, forget it
Cons
No concept of work/life balance. Work ethic and experience is irrelevant
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.
Electronic Arts Reviews by Location