Eli Lilly logo
Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,851 reviews

Great people

They consistently look to improve the system and not place the blame on the people. The opinion of people is actually taken into consideration.People are generally nice and supportive. The company has been open about being an ally, supporting BLM, diversity in the workplace, mental health, equal rights... all the good things, treating employees as humans first. This was my 1st experience of such an environment and I absolutely adored it. Overtime is paid for contractors and discouraged for staff.The site has a free access gym and a series of group classes.For the time I was there my work-life balance allowed for almost no life, but a lot of my colleagues would wrap up as soon as the clock hit the mark and with a 39 hours work-week that leaves a lot of time for life. When you are "promoted" it is essentially more responsibility and work for the same pay - as a contractor at least.

Pros

Cafeteria has amazingly small prices, There is the possibility to work from home and flexible hours, People are generally nice and supportive, Great culture

Cons

It is unlikely you'll get any raise

Poor culture and biased career prospects

The culture at GBS is very conservative, condescending and biased against non Irish nationals. Areas where Lilly is far behind the competition are salary/benefits, where even some of the benefits they do offer only kick in after 6 months, offering a trust based empowering culture. Finally, a transparent and performance/merit based career progression process. Promotions are reserved mostly to Irish nationals. In the end, the house always wins.

Pros

Nothing that isn't a norm in any other company

Cons

Salary, benefits, career progression

Rewarding workplace

I only spent 9 months there on internship on 2015. Those 9 months were great. Nice people, rewarding work and manageable work life balance. If I still lived in cork I would apply for Eli Lilly again.

Excellent orgasnised organisation

Procudtive and fun workplace envorinmont. Very casual organisation and displayed a great worklife balance a nice culture. I learnt that management was very experienced.

Professional Workplace

Pros.: Nice Work/Life Balance Almost professional Management Great experience Stable career path and nice environemwnt to increase your professionality Stable workplce Cons: Load of paper work

A warm, team working atmosphere

I really enjoyed my internship in Lilly, Kinsale. As a summer student, my team leader and those working within the team could not have been more helpful. Any tasks that were provided, I was assured that if the work load was too much, there was always somebody to share it with if needed. The company hold mental and physical health and general safety in high regard and there are different campaigns every quarter, one of which I had the pleasure of being involved in. Overall, it is a fantastic place to work, with wonderful employees.

a company where they care about employees

I worked for 6 years in the financial service centre in Ireland. In this company they value their employees and they try to improve everyday always thinking about the employees. I gain great experience in an international environment, I left the job for personal circumstances but I would have loved to continue working in such a great environment.

Pros

strong reputation

Cons

it´s not always clear what you need to do to promote

Productive and fun workplace

Thoroughly enjoyed working there. Great experience. Would love to have been there longer. Great atmosphere. Lovely people and helpful environment. Good culture

Fast growing GBS with strong culture

A great place to work in Cork, very good management and a new office building. Work life balance is generally very good. Salary tends to be less competitive within the Cork market.

Pros

Management, work life balance and new office

Cons

Poor enough salary

Productive and changable

The day started at 7:00 am until 6:00 pm, after a long 1 hr 20 min commute and I would focus on closing out my scope of work, which took main priority. However, I would be asked to help out with other areas of work, to achieve schedule dead lines for others. This gave me a better understanding of other disciplines. The management structure was well taught out and the company procedures well put together. The team was helpful and had the occasional jokes, everyone got on with their work load as best as possible. The hardest part of the day was the afternoon around 4 pm. Just had to refocus and keep mindful until 6:00 pm. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home. Long hours and intense workload, you needed a break. Oh! Pay day was nice too :-)

Pros

free Turkey at Christmas

Jobs at Eli Lilly

See more jobs

Poor place to work

Very little chance of promotion and personal development. Do not reflect their core values. Very high staff turnover Weak leadership and management Had to work bank holidays.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Everything else.

False ethics, pseudo care about people

Lack of transparency in transferring KB. Lazy and fool micromanagement. Company is populating kind of "human care" while never minding about employees Fake culture, values and false ethics. Employees are boring and love create rumours, intrigues, fights and scandals. Workload has a significant seasonal fluctuation, but employees do not stops complain on "heavy job" and "busiest time". Worst management have to expect from team leaders. I do not recommend waist time with this employer.

Pros

new skills in complains

Cons

all the rest

Productive and fun place to work

Great company to work for and very rewarding. Management and employees are friendly and there is great culture. there is excellent work life balance and caring environment.

Pros

Excellent work life balance

Cons

N/a

Great company and culture

I have worked in Eli Lilly more than 3 years. The company has great business culture. It is a very serious place with the dress code. You usually work 7 hours a day which is an advantage.

nice vibe, very relaxed(both good and bad)

a relaxed workplace very friendly oniste gym and excellent canteen workload tended to be inconsistent audit prep and NPI were both the hardest and enjoyable parts of the job

Pros

good gym and canteen

experience inrressante

Experience inrressante dans un secteur que je ne connaissais pas

Productivity

Managing, processing and prioritised orders. Liaise with internal contacts including Supply Chain, Accounts Receivables and General Accounting. Generate and send out invoices Liaise between customers and affiliate to resolve dispute cases. Constant contact with customers and manufacture Preparing meeeting.

Pros

Pleasant environment

Cons

long hours some times

nice place to work

cultural diversity nice atmosphere great people small chances for promotion poor salary very political approach a lot of nice events planned through each year, company bbqs, Christmas

Pros

fun atmosphere

Cons

very political, poor benefits

Great Place to Work

Lilly is a great place to work especially if you are only starting out in the financial services sector. The people are very nice and the work life balance is excellent. Management are easily approachable and really spend time making sure the job your doing is the right fit firstly and then develop you accordingly. My only criticism is that progression within the company is hard to achieve in certain departments.

Great working environment

Great cultural working environment with great people to work with. Great learning experience with endless possibilities and ability to progress. The company make great use of the skills you have and even help you amplify them to get the best out of you. Help is always there when you need it

Pros

People

Perfect place to work

Working in team/group Responsibilities Time managing Team player Communication FDA Audit prep Documentation Essays
  • Eli Lilly