Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Ireland36 reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,955 reviews

Nice place to work.

Great place to work, salary is average. Management are very nice and supportive with great work life balance. Very good culture of learning and career advancement is heavily promoted.

Work life balance ,work from home opportunity

My experience at this company is really great .Great support and help from management if you open up and ask .No blame culture .Annual leave ,Health insurance for family ,Annual bonus can be a bit better .Shares scheme and pension contribution ,Work from flexibility.I work with lovely people .

Exciting time to join Lilly

Stimulating and challenging environment where employees have great opportunity to grow their careers and where real talent is recognized and nurtured.

Great managers and Great team.Progression is difficult but overall a very positive experience Benefits are very good.Salary is fair.Exposure to other areas of work is good.

Stressful job

The job was generally stressful as we were expected to perform well without clear instructions. The training was insufficient to be able to do your job.

Pros

Salary, healthcare

Cons

Training, the actual job

Could be so much better

On paper it’s a good place to work, although pay is a bit below industry standard employees are generally well looked after with all your standard benefits in place. Nice modern new building and onsite gym. Can’t fault that side of things.Unfortunately it’s poor management and the work itself that let’s the company down. Zero employee engagement or opportunity to do interesting or meaningful work. Senior management carrying out tasks you would expect a junior associate to be doing. Too many managers in positions they know nothing about or just in there on a short time assignment waiting to make their next move. Lots of ticking boxes in the workplace makes for a very frustrating job and ultimately good people leaving.

Pros

Health insurance, pension contribution, gym, subsidised canteen

Impossible to progress

Speaking for GBS-Little Island: Some reviews refer to Irish people being selected for progression, Irish here and it seems only the other nationalities are selected for promotion. Hard work is not appreciated nor recognised and the whip is often cracked. Salary is poor and often unequal amongst team members. Internal promotion salary increases are minimal compared to the additional workload expected in new role and discourage people from applying. Severe superiority complex and cliquey among management groups - have an air of "we're Lilly, you should consider yourself lucky to work here".Overall the company is a great one but the culture in GBS is awful and it's reflected in the revolving door it has become. It is nothing like Lilly Kinsale - don't expect the same conditions.

Pros

Colleagues are mostly nice

Cons

Impossible to progress, low pay, lack of recognition

Great people

They consistently look to improve the system and not place the blame on the people. The opinion of people is actually taken into consideration.People are generally nice and supportive. The company has been open about being an ally, supporting BLM, diversity in the workplace, mental health, equal rights... all the good things, treating employees as humans first. This was my 1st experience of such an environment and I absolutely adored it. Overtime is paid for contractors and discouraged for staff.The site has a free access gym and a series of group classes.For the time I was there my work-life balance allowed for almost no life, but a lot of my colleagues would wrap up as soon as the clock hit the mark and with a 39 hours work-week that leaves a lot of time for life. When you are "promoted" it is essentially more responsibility and work for the same pay - as a contractor at least.

Pros

Cafeteria has amazingly small prices, There is the possibility to work from home and flexible hours, People are generally nice and supportive, Great culture

Cons

It is unlikely you'll get any raise

Poor culture and biased career prospects

The culture at GBS is very conservative, condescending and biased against non Irish nationals. Areas where Lilly is far behind the competition are salary/benefits, where even some of the benefits they do offer only kick in after 6 months, offering a trust based empowering culture. Finally, a transparent and performance/merit based career progression process. Promotions are reserved mostly to Irish nationals. In the end, the house always wins.

Pros

Nothing that isn't a norm in any other company

Cons

Salary, benefits, career progression

Rewarding workplace

I only spent 9 months there on internship on 2015. Those 9 months were great. Nice people, rewarding work and manageable work life balance. If I still lived in cork I would apply for Eli Lilly again.

Excellent orgasnised organisation

Procudtive and fun workplace envorinmont. Very casual organisation and displayed a great worklife balance a nice culture. I learnt that management was very experienced.

Professional Workplace

Pros.: Nice Work/Life Balance Almost professional Management Great experience Stable career path and nice environemwnt to increase your professionality Stable workplce Cons: Load of paper work

A warm, team working atmosphere

I really enjoyed my internship in Lilly, Kinsale. As a summer student, my team leader and those working within the team could not have been more helpful. Any tasks that were provided, I was assured that if the work load was too much, there was always somebody to share it with if needed. The company hold mental and physical health and general safety in high regard and there are different campaigns every quarter, one of which I had the pleasure of being involved in. Overall, it is a fantastic place to work, with wonderful employees.

a company where they care about employees

I worked for 6 years in the financial service centre in Ireland. In this company they value their employees and they try to improve everyday always thinking about the employees. I gain great experience in an international environment, I left the job for personal circumstances but I would have loved to continue working in such a great environment.

Pros

strong reputation

Cons

it´s not always clear what you need to do to promote

Productive and fun workplace

Thoroughly enjoyed working there. Great experience. Would love to have been there longer. Great atmosphere. Lovely people and helpful environment. Good culture

Fast growing GBS with strong culture

A great place to work in Cork, very good management and a new office building. Work life balance is generally very good. Salary tends to be less competitive within the Cork market.

Pros

Management, work life balance and new office

Cons

Poor enough salary

Productive and changable

The day started at 7:00 am until 6:00 pm, after a long 1 hr 20 min commute and I would focus on closing out my scope of work, which took main priority. However, I would be asked to help out with other areas of work, to achieve schedule dead lines for others. This gave me a better understanding of other disciplines. The management structure was well taught out and the company procedures well put together. The team was helpful and had the occasional jokes, everyone got on with their work load as best as possible. The hardest part of the day was the afternoon around 4 pm. Just had to refocus and keep mindful until 6:00 pm. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home. Long hours and intense workload, you needed a break. Oh! Pay day was nice too :-)

Pros

free Turkey at Christmas

Poor place to work

Very little chance of promotion and personal development. Do not reflect their core values. Very high staff turnover Weak leadership and management Had to work bank holidays.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Everything else.

False ethics, pseudo care about people

Lack of transparency in transferring KB. Lazy and fool micromanagement. Company is populating kind of "human care" while never minding about employees Fake culture, values and false ethics. Employees are boring and love create rumours, intrigues, fights and scandals. Workload has a significant seasonal fluctuation, but employees do not stops complain on "heavy job" and "busiest time". Worst management have to expect from team leaders. I do not recommend waist time with this employer.

Pros

new skills in complains

Cons

all the rest

Productive and fun place to work

Great company to work for and very rewarding. Management and employees are friendly and there is great culture. there is excellent work life balance and caring environment.

Pros

Excellent work life balance

Cons

N/a

Great company and culture

I have worked in Eli Lilly more than 3 years. The company has great business culture. It is a very serious place with the dress code. You usually work 7 hours a day which is an advantage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Eli Lilly with

• Eli Lilly
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?