Eli Lilly
Eli Lilly Employee Review

Contact forever

12 November 2019
Worked through contract firm. Treated like a second class person. Management was offended when I expressed interest in direct placement even though my contract firm had worked out a deal where there would be no cost to me if I was hired direct. One manager with no power to hire told me he would like to hire me direct in order to get me to fill in for someone on vacation. It paid well but not worth the hassle of not knowing if your contract will be renewed until the last minute.
1.0Job security/advancement
13 June 2021
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) - Kinsale, Ireland
They consistently look to improve the system and not place the blame on the people. The opinion of people is actually taken into consideration.People are generally nice and supportive. The company has been open about being an ally, supporting BLM, diversity in the workplace, mental health, equal rights... all the good things, treating employees as humans first. This was my 1st experience of such an environment and I absolutely adored it. Overtime is paid for contractors and discouraged for staff.The site has a free access gym and a series of group classes.For the time I was there my work-life balance allowed for almost no life, but a lot of my colleagues would wrap up as soon as the clock hit the mark and with a 39 hours work-week that leaves a lot of time for life. When you are "promoted" it is essentially more responsibility and work for the same pay - as a contractor at least.
Pros
Cafeteria has amazingly small prices, There is the possibility to work from home and flexible hours, People are generally nice and supportive, Great culture
Cons
It is unlikely you'll get any raise
16 April 2021
Nanny (Current Employee) - IE
The culture at GBS is very conservative, condescending and biased against non Irish nationals. Areas where Lilly is far behind the competition are salary/benefits, where even some of the benefits they do offer only kick in after 6 months, offering a trust based empowering culture. Finally, a transparent and performance/merit based career progression process. Promotions are reserved mostly to Irish nationals. In the end, the house always wins.
Pros
Nothing that isn't a norm in any other company
Cons
Salary, benefits, career progression
21 July 2020
Analyst (Former Employee) - Cork
I only spent 9 months there on internship on 2015. Those 9 months were great. Nice people, rewarding work and manageable work life balance. If I still lived in cork I would apply for Eli Lilly again.