Eli Lilly
Eli Lilly Employee Review

Great people, great work environment, a litte bit of work overload.

26 March 2014
Loved the job because of the incredible impact it has on the quality of life of the consumers. People are great, helpful. Just a little bit of oveload which made it difficult to meet family needs: pick kids from school, cook dinner, etc...
5.0Job security/advancement
13 June 2021
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) - Kinsale, Ireland
They consistently look to improve the system and not place the blame on the people. The opinion of people is actually taken into consideration.People are generally nice and supportive. The company has been open about being an ally, supporting BLM, diversity in the workplace, mental health, equal rights... all the good things, treating employees as humans first. This was my 1st experience of such an environment and I absolutely adored it. Overtime is paid for contractors and discouraged for staff.The site has a free access gym and a series of group classes.For the time I was there my work-life balance allowed for almost no life, but a lot of my colleagues would wrap up as soon as the clock hit the mark and with a 39 hours work-week that leaves a lot of time for life. When you are "promoted" it is essentially more responsibility and work for the same pay - as a contractor at least.
Pros
Cafeteria has amazingly small prices, There is the possibility to work from home and flexible hours, People are generally nice and supportive, Great culture
Cons
It is unlikely you'll get any raise
16 April 2021
Nanny (Current Employee) - IE
The culture at GBS is very conservative, condescending and biased against non Irish nationals. Areas where Lilly is far behind the competition are salary/benefits, where even some of the benefits they do offer only kick in after 6 months, offering a trust based empowering culture. Finally, a transparent and performance/merit based career progression process. Promotions are reserved mostly to Irish nationals. In the end, the house always wins.
Pros
Nothing that isn't a norm in any other company
Cons
Salary, benefits, career progression
21 July 2020
Analyst (Former Employee) - Cork
I only spent 9 months there on internship on 2015. Those 9 months were great. Nice people, rewarding work and manageable work life balance. If I still lived in cork I would apply for Eli Lilly again.
  1. Great people, great work environment, a litte bit of work overload.