Eli Lilly logo
Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,851 reviews

Great people

They consistently look to improve the system and not place the blame on the people. The opinion of people is actually taken into consideration.People are generally nice and supportive. The company has been open about being an ally, supporting BLM, diversity in the workplace, mental health, equal rights... all the good things, treating employees as humans first. This was my 1st experience of such an environment and I absolutely adored it. Overtime is paid for contractors and discouraged for staff.The site has a free access gym and a series of group classes.For the time I was there my work-life balance allowed for almost no life, but a lot of my colleagues would wrap up as soon as the clock hit the mark and with a 39 hours work-week that leaves a lot of time for life. When you are "promoted" it is essentially more responsibility and work for the same pay - as a contractor at least.

Pros

Cafeteria has amazingly small prices, There is the possibility to work from home and flexible hours, People are generally nice and supportive, Great culture

Cons

It is unlikely you'll get any raise

Great medicine fair culture

In it for the stakeholders. That’s to be expected. Daily work was rewarding. Lots of good medicine being brought to the people, so it was rewarding. Never sure if you’re part of the next Downsizing, so each quarter was a lottery to see if you were going to be let go.

Benefits

Cons

Downsizing

Ambiente portineria stimolante eccetto alcuni colleghi

Ottimo ambiente ma come tt le grandi spa c3 da rivedere qualcosa all interno

Pros

Ambiente stimolante per i dipendenti

Cons

Zero pausa

Great company to work however, not for the ones who are growth oriented

The company provides all the benefits it can to its employees. Given the strong history, the resources for learning are in abundance. However, the growth is extremely slow and the Leadership's mindset is conservative compared to companies like Novartis, J&J and Pfizer.

Pros

Free lunches, minimal charges deducted towards cab service, quarterly team lunches, annual day celebration and diwali gifts

Cons

Promotions at whims and fancies of the manager, rules/guidelines altered for the favourites and work happening in-silos

Good place to work, but they do not value their employees

Good place to work, but they do not value their employees, you can work hard ad reach all the companies targets, and lose your job any time.Exactly in my country team and management were amazing

Pros

Good life/work balance

Cons

Low salary

Very political

Corporate culture with a multitude of advancement opportunities, great pay, training, and benefits. Lilly is a global company which kept work interesting.

Pros

Paid Parking

Cons

Lack of job security

Good place to work!

Was at this company for a little over a year and overall it was a great experience. There could be better ways of training the employees I’ll admit seeing how the current model is a long drawn out process that seems slightly like an after thought. But with that said the other operators really will teach you what you need to know for your specific job function and won’t let you ever perform unless you are 100% comfortable doing so. Benefits and pay are pretty standard for pharmaceutical in my opinion and it’s nice to see a company still offering pensions! My work was pretty self explanatory and I was never expected to do anything outside of that job description. Overall I’d recommend working at this company to friends and family.

Pros

Good lunches available, non-stressful environment, decent pay

Cons

Training could be better

Empresa que valoriza muito o ser humano.

A melhor empresa em que já trabalhei, voltaria a trabalhar lá com toda certeza do mundo.

Easy work to

I really enjoyed the job& none of there jobs are too complicated, an most of the time your not on the same jobu every day there I,which that is one I like.

Pros

Nice facility

Cons

Steel toe shoes

Fun place to work

Supportive management, Nice place to work. I was happy while working at Eli, management encourages freshers and give an opportunity for fresh graduates

Jobs at Eli Lilly

See more jobs

Diverse Company

Great company to work for. Benefits are really great. The work life balance sometimes isn't the best. There are times where you will work a lot and sometimes there are times where it is normal hours.

Being involved in drug discovery and development is exciting with great personal satisfaction.

I loved research work and worked long hours. Helping to find and develop a product, seeing it get to the market, being embraced by the customer, and providing benefit to society is as good as it gets!

Great place to learn.

You learn quite a bit about the industry as a whole. Great perks and benefits. They appear to show favoritism in "certain areas" if you have family or friends who work for the company. Lots of extensive training and the more you learn the more money you can make.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Favoritisms and not much opportunity for new hire older workers

Good company to work for.

Worked there for 17 years. Promoted three times. I was fortunate enough to have a manager who was very fair and supportive of my growth. I took the voluntary retirement package in 2017. Very good pay and benefit package.

Pros

Holidays off. Opportunity to purchase additional holidays; great benefit package.

Cons

Some positions do not have much opportunity for growth, i.e. Admin. Assistants.

The work is not so hard at all mostly sitting and repetitive with hands

It's a great place to work everyone is very helpful and friendly...I would like a permanent job there, I worked in a couple of areas and they were all interesting and the staff there were great.

Pros

All uniforms get washed there you can get dressed when you get to work

Cons

A lot of walking...the building are so big

Helpful management

Always showing ways to advance your career. They set the right path in order for you to succeed. They really understand work life balance. I just wished the compensation was a bit more for the amount of products you have to support

Very good, but does depend on were you are.

Enjoyed my employment for 7 years in total as a contractor.Went back after 13 years elsewhere, in 2012 and was fine for the first six months, then things became stressful.

Pros

Nice place to work. Nice people.

Cons

Some departments have a disjointed management approach.

Poor culture and biased career prospects

The culture at GBS is very conservative, condescending and biased against non Irish nationals. Areas where Lilly is far behind the competition are salary/benefits, where even some of the benefits they do offer only kick in after 6 months, offering a trust based empowering culture. Finally, a transparent and performance/merit based career progression process. Promotions are reserved mostly to Irish nationals. In the end, the house always wins.

Pros

Nothing that isn't a norm in any other company

Cons

Salary, benefits, career progression

Great place to be an intern

Lots of interns and once you graduated were outsourced most of the times, so meh. You lose a lot of benefits because of this. How ever it has a great culture, flexible hours, remote work and nice facilities.

Pros

Food was great, play room, flexible work hours, no fashion police

Cons

Outsourcing

Professional, safe and dynamic workplace

Very good company to work for. Dynamic, professional and safe environment. You learn a lot and people are very respectful. Highly diverse workplace and the company cares a lot about you as a person.

Moving up is hard

1. moving up is hard. there's this old school expectation of having to jump through the same hoops senior leadership jumped through just to move to the next position (as if you can't move at your own, quicker, pace) a sort of "I had to do it in 3 years so so do you mentality..." 2. they do welcome and prefer in house job filling3. yearly bonuses are fantastic 4. most enjoyable part would have to be the work-life balance and flexibility for time off5. there's often a sense of "i'm better than you" hierarchy based on your title6. management does do their part in getting you ready to move to the next position...when they are ready to let you go. It's all on their time.

Pros

lots of lunch options, lots of time off for paternity and maternity leave, flexible working hours

Cons

difficulty moving positions
  • Eli Lilly