Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,721 reviews
I only spent 9 months there on internship on 2015. Those 9 months were great. Nice people, rewarding work and manageable work life balance. If I still lived in cork I would apply for Eli Lilly again.
Many years ago, Eli Lilly was THE place to work. The benefits including the pension and 401K match are still better than most places in town and really the only reason you would stay. The job security tends to change over time. The biggest shame of all is that the company no longer hires US graduates. Instead, they import young newly graduated people from Asia as contractors or just offshore the entry level work.
Pros
Holidays, Vacation, Pension, 401K match. Salary is OK
Cons
Boring, unrecognized and unfilling work
Great company focused on people development and process improvements including innovation.

Continual focus on people safety and delivering quality at all levels, areas and for the people.
Pros
Support during crisis
Cons
Workload can be high and too demanding
Lots of room to be creative. Lots of jobs opportunities, provided one can change home town. Very good atmosphere, to meet people, do sports, and learn things.
Pros
Freedom to create
Cons
desk layout a bit too dense
Overall, a good place to work with plenty of work life balance in most jobs. Cost of living in Indianapolis and surrounding suburbs is average for the US and benefits are competitive.
Benefits
Cons
Indiana
benefits are amazing, pretty much impossible to get hired on unless you're a favorite or know someone, been there 2 years am a shift trainer and backup lead and keep getting nothing
Being part of the Information HUB, I have had a better sense of how we take trial data and get it to/from our partners in order to get our medicines to people around the world much faster. We are in the mainstream of development and research and the clinical trial data is what our scientists rely on as part of that process of R&D. To be able to perform at a level of consistency and reliability for them makes us proud in the HUB as providers for getting our company's drugs on the fast track to the FDA.
Pros
Professionals; Training; Knowledge shared
Cons
Hectic sometimes with releases/Deployments/Hardware patching
Strong portfolio and pipeline, nice Midwestern culture, collaborations across functional teams, reasonable compensation, flexible work arrangement, balanced work and life.
Eli Lilly is a wonderful place to work they have and encourage the latest information Technology innovation and a opportunity to bring the newest ideas and technology into the company to make there employees more productive with little down time. it gives the employees the opportunity to learn new things in technology.
Una esperienza di quasi venti anni , poi io mi sono licenziato per trasferimento ma una ditta da sogno
Pros
Mensa e welfare
Cons
Nessuno
No complaints! Benefits are amazing ...culture is phenomenal and they provide more than enough resources to help you succeed at your job. They don’t pay the highest in all of the companies but they have a better overall stability for sure .
Pros
Benefits, culture, advancement
Cons
Pay a little lower
Very good management team, well trained , professional, quality people, Good compensation, flexible schedule, variety career path, good to local community.
Pros
Pension, flexible schedule
Cons
Out sourcing too much.
Eli Lilly is a great place to work. I am able to lead a great, diverse team to produce life-saving medicines. I really appreciate Lilly’s respect for people.
Great company to work for safety conscious about all jobs. Meeting before start of work every day. PPE is very much enforced. Most job are done with 2 man team.
Pros
Very clean place.
Cons
Job can be demanding.
Tienen a un buen CEO, aunque algunas áreas están descompensadas.
Pros
Gastos médicos, autos, viajes, Ptu.
Cons
Muy centrados en el número y es una medida que la usan para todo, sin ver el entorno completo.
Entry level finance job. Enjoyed time there and working with smart teams and people. Learned a lot and contributed to important decisions arounc clinical pharmaceuticals.
With a unbiased supportive manager and team you will without a doubt be successful. I was only successful when it came to my numbers despite being in a very toxic and racially insensitive environment. Due to the stress caused by a irrational biased management structure, my health went downhill which is not conducive to achieving a work life balance. Things may have since changed and the area I was in may have been a contributing factor but this was my experience. Just as a measure I was not the only one that had this experience. After my experience, I met 3 people in different settings who look like me who have (unprovoked) shared the same sentiments.
Pros
Great Benefits and compensation
Cons
Some management
expect the unexpected things to happen, especially if you're applying for a position, recommended person usually get the job rather than the ideal person.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management faction
As a sales rep at Lilly, I could not have had a better more enjoyable job.I loved and believed in the products I sold, I loved and respected the majority of my colleagues/teammates and I loved my customers/accounts I called on. Promotions were hard to obtain no matter how successful you were in sales, leadership opportunities and local and national recognition due to the revolving door of managers and their focus year to year. The portfolios I carried over the years, the relationships I built and the number of patients I feel I vicariously helped made it all worthwhile!

As an internal employee, I could not have had a worse experience. My training was non-existent. I would attempt to seek out information from experienced colleagues only to find out they had retired or left the company and no one was in a place to provide the answers I was seeking. I often felt like I wasted a copious amount of time seeking answers when had I been trained appropriately, I would have had the opportunity to be more productive and successful early on in my role.

The culture in the department I worked was toxic. Leadership allowed the toxicity to fester and they hired lower level inexperienced managers who perpetuated the toxicity. At the end of the day, everyone was out for themselves. Diversity and inclusion was crammed down your throat by leadership because that is what society and lots of Harvard MBA's dictated needed to be done...yet after everyone departed the "D & I" events...everyone would go back to their preferred segregated groups. It was quite sad. The company like so many spent
 - more...
Pros
Great products to sell and promote, great customers/accounts, great benefits (pension, maternity/paternity, 401K match
Cons
Inexperienced early career professionals in management, upper management only hire their pets and they expect you to be at your job 24/7, regardless of family commitments, family illness, etc.
Excellent company. Employees come first. Wonderful manager. Would have stayed on but wasn’t passionate enough with work and doing remote work until business and travel restrictions were lifted. Would reconsider employment again if found right fit.
Ambiente tóxico da empresa, gestão jovem e sem preparo, pessoas sem capacitação para os cargos, não colaborativo, sistemas muito burocráticos, não é inovadora. Ambiente estressante, liderança não tem diálogo. Home office não é aceito pelas lideranças. Short Friday só no papel. A cultura da empresa vale no papel.
Pros
Benefícios
Cons
Ambiente tóxico; benefícios não compensam o ambiente; liderança despreparada