Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews for Engineer

Lilly is a great company to work for in a LCOL area. Lots of career advancement opportunities and work life balance was fair (even in a 24/7 continuous manufacturing role). Would recommend to anyone!
Your experience at the company will largely depend on what department you are in. Overall the people are fantastic, and most are very helpful and are team players. Some of the managers are great, but the ones who are not have a ripple effect across the organization. Promotions above the senior specialist or mid-level engineer are very difficult to achieve because the company thrives on having lean resources. If you are in engineering, expect to work very long hours with no additional compensation.
Worked through contract firm. Treated like a second class person. Management was offended when I expressed interest in direct placement even though my contract firm had worked out a deal where there would be no cost to me if I was hired direct. One manager with no power to hire told me he would like to hire me direct in order to get me to fill in for someone on vacation. It paid well but not worth the hassle of not knowing if your contract will be renewed until the last minute.
I have learned a lot working for Lilly but it is not the fun collaborative place it used to be. It feels like work now. Benefits have been continually cut and opportunities are far and few between. It is still a good place to work but I'm not sure for how much longer.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor management in some cases, drive to do more with less, you have to work in Corporate to be considered an expert.
A great place to work and they pay very well. Good Environment.
Loved the job because of the incredible impact it has on the quality of life of the consumers. People are great, helpful. Just a little bit of oveload which made it difficult to meet family needs: pick kids from school, cook dinner, etc...