Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews in Branchburg, NJ

Was at this company for a little over a year and overall it was a great experience. There could be better ways of training the employees I’ll admit seeing how the current model is a long drawn out process that seems slightly like an after thought. But with that said the other operators really will teach you what you need to know for your specific job function and won’t let you ever perform unless you are 100% comfortable doing so. Benefits and pay are pretty standard for pharmaceutical in my opinion and it’s nice to see a company still offering pensions! My work was pretty self explanatory and I was never expected to do anything outside of that job description. Overall I’d recommend working at this company to friends and family.
Pros
Good lunches available, non-stressful environment, decent pay
Cons
Training could be better
Your experience at the company will largely depend on what department you are in. Overall the people are fantastic, and most are very helpful and are team players. Some of the managers are great, but the ones who are not have a ripple effect across the organization. Promotions above the senior specialist or mid-level engineer are very difficult to achieve because the company thrives on having lean resources. If you are in engineering, expect to work very long hours with no additional compensation.
Worked many years for Eli Lilly. Definitely room to advance provided you're diligent, as well as, respect the culture and policies. Solid company with many brilliant, dedicated employees. They practice strict adherence to Corporate Policies and Regulations.
Eli Lilly was a Very "Clickish" Place to Work. Good BYE THANKS FOR NOTHING. Don't think it hasn't been nice, because it hasn't. They were nice in a Very nasty Manner.
It is much better to work for than lot of small companies. Most of people are very friendly, except few Indians who targeted people. If I have chance I like to work there.
Lilly had room for advancement and encouraged moving to different positions within the company. Strong team encouragement. Safety is the number one priority. Has a pension plan.
Eli Lilly and company offers good culture, solid leadership, good benefits. However, the career growth opportunities may vary among various sites within the company.
The place has it's challenges both good and bad. The immediate supervisor wants to see people succeed. The AVP wants to help everyone further their career but sometimes his hands are tied by corporate
Energetic work place, comprehensive GMP training program Diverse culture. I developed my skills working in Laminar flow hoods with aseptic technique, while operating in a clean room environment. Later moved to Quality unit document control.
Expensive resources with oportunities to explore different areas of interest in the pharama industry. Significant opporunites to interact on multidiciplanary teams.
Unless you are a relative you will not advance. You will require a PHD while a relative of any employee will only have a GED. If you know more than your boss they become easily intimidated (and you will). The worst culture of any job that I have ever had. The rules change based on managements feelings for that particluar day. Please read glassdoor reviews before making the mistake of joining this company.
I enjoyed my time there. The people are nice and it is a relaxed environment. Many people collaborate on projects. it is a good work environment. I learned a lot while there.
All talk and no action. Management will ride you till you die. They focus on what you cannot do rather than what you can do. They will pay you less and want more out of you.
This company has a lot of programs that will help you grow professionally and personally with opportunities to volunteer at home and abroad and professional development courses on an annual basis.
Any day can run completely different then another. There are the tasks at hand that run in parallel with the given every day tasks. There can be requests that come in from various sources which involve being in different places of the company campus. Sometimes it can be stressful prioritizing when given on short notice the tasks that are time sensitive. I have learned to try to be more open and "stay loose" to be able to adapt faster to unforeseen changes. Management sometimes doesn't know what the left hand is doing from the right hand. So I would have to logically make the decision. The work place culture has become more diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning that you have made people happy when you did something for them. Its nice when they give you "recognition inspire rewards" where you can get gifts.
Keeps the patients we help always first I have learned procurement processes and have a mindset of "Safety first" The most enjoyable part knowing I play a part in helping our patients
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Layoffs
great company to work for, without a doubt. especially their Indy site.People will help you and coordinate and collaborate with you. The best part is that you go to work knowing that you have a great team to work with.
Pros
fun break times
Cons
Ok place to work but advancement difficult. Benefits ok but salary below industry standard in my work area. Work life balance was ok would work there again if they stop laying people off left and right and get their act together
My position was multitasking. Setting up shipments. Weekly spreadsheets updated. Supporting my associate director daily with reports, researching, filing, greeting vendors, etc. Updating training records. Learning new software. Hardest part of the job was to keep up in a timely fashion. I enjoyed helping any co worker in the department.
Pros
great benefits medical, vacations and bonus
Cons
dispersing more duties without increase in salary
Engaging workshops for students and practical experiences in Biochemical department with hands on mentoring and laboratory procedure practices. Paired summer internship program events aligned with in-department events and allow for involvement in both for a full experience and understanding of the company.
Pros
Helpful lab technique experiences, long breaks
The Workplace culture is very poor. The hardest part of the job is dealing with incompetent management. There aren't any enjoyable aspects of the job.