Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

I really enjoyed the job& none of there jobs are too complicated, an most of the time your not on the same jobu every day there I,which that is one I like.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Steel toe shoes
Corporate culture with a multitude of advancement opportunities, great pay, training, and benefits. Lilly is a global company which kept work interesting.
Pros
Paid Parking
Cons
Lack of job security
Supportive management, Nice place to work. I was happy while working at Eli, management encourages freshers and give an opportunity for fresh graduates
Great company to work for. Benefits are really great. The work life balance sometimes isn't the best. There are times where you will work a lot and sometimes there are times where it is normal hours.
You learn quite a bit about the industry as a whole. Great perks and benefits. They appear to show favoritism in "certain areas" if you have family or friends who work for the company. Lots of extensive training and the more you learn the more money you can make.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Favoritisms and not much opportunity for new hire older workers
Worked there for 17 years. Promoted three times. I was fortunate enough to have a manager who was very fair and supportive of my growth. I took the voluntary retirement package in 2017. Very good pay and benefit package.
Pros
Holidays off. Opportunity to purchase additional holidays; great benefit package.
Cons
Some positions do not have much opportunity for growth, i.e. Admin. Assistants.
It's a great place to work everyone is very helpful and friendly...I would like a permanent job there, I worked in a couple of areas and they were all interesting and the staff there were great.
Pros
All uniforms get washed there you can get dressed when you get to work
Cons
A lot of walking...the building are so big
1. moving up is hard. there's this old school expectation of having to jump through the same hoops senior leadership jumped through just to move to the next position (as if you can't move at your own, quicker, pace) a sort of "I had to do it in 3 years so so do you mentality..." 2. they do welcome and prefer in house job filling3. yearly bonuses are fantastic 4. most enjoyable part would have to be the work-life balance and flexibility for time off5. there's often a sense of "i'm better than you" hierarchy based on your title6. management does do their part in getting you ready to move to the next position...when they are ready to let you go. It's all on their time.
Pros
lots of lunch options, lots of time off for paternity and maternity leave, flexible working hours
Cons
difficulty moving positions
Good place to work. Benefits and vacation are generous. The Management is inconsistent- Over my 15 years at Lilly, I had GREAT managers that really took care of me and one that was horrible and wanted things run her way or the highway.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Inconsistent Management Training
It depends where you work but overall they pay you better than other industries, most likely they will also make you work more. Personally they worked me to the ground. Even when on vacation, always had something to do. I was called in to do work on Christmas day and other holidays.Company hides behind empty slogans. They think if they say things and force you to include them in your annual plan, it will happen. Very high stress, place is full of people that try to claw themselves up and waiting for retirement. The more you scream the better. Last year they included more layers of management that are worthless. They try to intimidate and take the 'stick' approach.The systems you need to work with are chaotic least to say. Need to constantly work around problems that have because they are greedy and don't want to fix. No documentation. Professional improvement is very little to none. Almost every year the budget is cut. Even in the years you can take classes no one guides you about what you should do. They say you own your plan, meaning you are alone to figure out everything. .ost likely you will not have time to take off to learn something because you have so much work to do.Overall, greedy company and on the long run it was very bad for my career and stress level.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Working when you are off, dealing lack of IT stucture you need to do your work
Fair and progressive company than considers promotion equally. Benchmark for pay in the industry as well. Advanced Change management organizations especially given the geography of this global company.
Not someplace to grow ,no different than any other manufacturers . You are just a number that will be forced to work every other weekend . Work life balance in sent good!
Great place to work and grow personally and professionally. Well respected company in Indy! Does a lot for the community by giving back. Loved working there.
Management is really understanding of the employee needs. They do not micro manage. It is really stress free to work at Eli Lilly. It is fun and motivating.
Pros
Excellent work place
Cons
In process engineering there was a work hard play hard mentality. Management would drive the engineers hard to reach for company goals. The workplace was mostly filled with good people, but did not remove poor performers or non-team players. The hardest part of the job was the constant sprint mentality. Production is always first, and engineering resources were always thin. Burnout was common and frequently not addressed. The most enjoyable part of the role was working with a team that genuinely cared about the company mission and about helping out their team.
Pros
Great flexibility in work schedule
Cons
High burnout rate
Long 12 hour days and nights. Has a gym for the long nights.Not the typical machine operator position.Can make you lazy, will also get busy.Swinging from day to nights and vice versa sucks.
Pros
They feed you alot
Cons
Long hours day to night shift
Lab hours are flexible for exempt level employees but fixed for hourly employees. The organization transformed from a regional culture to a global culture during my forty years with the company. Good work environment, but too many chiefs trying to direct every move. Top management is too reactionary to trends in the pharmaceutical industry. They tend to follow not lead industry changes.Work culture tended to be a bit too "clickish," and not as meritorious as it should have been.Doing a great job and not being rewarded properly for that work either in promotions or raises as your cohort.The actual work was important and very rewarding over all four decades.
Pros
Secure job environment.
Cons
Management culture doesn't maximize their employees' talent.
Bosses are very supportive and fair performance review culture so far...work/life balance is very good....lots of vacation time and people are very respectful of your time off ( I have never been emailed on a weekend)Opportunity to do impactful work too!
Thrown into a project that was way over my head with only a condescending tech manager to sneer at my ignorance. For a company that prides itself on lifelong learning and an inclusive culture, I was beyond disappointed. I've never felt so unvalued and unsupported in my life.
Pros
Good pay, looks good on a resume
Cons
No work life balance, horrible management, no support
Absolutely love working at Lilly. I feel like the work that I do is meaningful and challenging. Management is awesome and always rooting for you. You learn a lot and have a great support system! Only con is location of corporate office (if you're not from Indianapolis).
Pros
Competitive Salary, Matching 401K, Pension and other countless benefits. Management is also great
Cons
Location (if working on Corporate Center and you're not Indiana based)
Many years ago, Eli Lilly was THE place to work. The benefits including the pension and 401K match are still better than most places in town and really the only reason you would stay. The job security tends to change over time. The biggest shame of all is that the company no longer hires US graduates. Instead, they import young newly graduated people from Asia as contractors or just offshore the entry level work.
Pros
Holidays, Vacation, Pension, 401K match. Salary is OK
Cons
Boring, unrecognized and unfilling work