Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Worked there for 17 years. Promoted three times. I was fortunate enough to have a manager who was very fair and supportive of my growth. I took the voluntary retirement package in 2017. Very good pay and benefit package.
Pros
Holidays off. Opportunity to purchase additional holidays; great benefit package.
Cons
Some positions do not have much opportunity for growth, i.e. Admin. Assistants.
It is a very diverse company with many different groups throughout. I work on calendars and events most days. The culture is full of extremely nice people. The hardest part is being a part of the Administrative Services Center. We are limited on what we are allowed to help our people with, which isn't much. I feel they could utilizing us more.
I was hired as a clinical technical administrative assistant, which included regular administrative tasks and calendaring. I was also responsible for clinical trial information for drug development, which included verifying trial data
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Wonderful workplace balance, flex hours
Caring company with compassion for their purpose. You can tell that the company cares about their employees and their patients. They are a big deal and they make you feel like one as well!
constant changes with minimal notification or training opportunities if you did not hold a professional degree or licensure No room for advancement diversity of women in other roles or opportunities would have been desired - very much a "man's world still" unless you possess higher education
Not Applicable. I have no desire to say anything about this company. I would like to move forward with searching through your open job position. I can't move forward because you don't understand that I don't need or want to saying anything about the company.
It was an honor to work at a company dedicated to improving lives. It was an extremely fast paced environment. I worked in the intellectual property handling a large amount of data entry; validation; research; process improvements; software upgrades; teaching and learning.
Pros
Free parking; benefits; people
Cons
The role I had was a contact. Regular staff talk down the individuals in my role. Not everyone did but alot did.the parking lot were so very far from the building.
Pros
Honest work
Cons
Pay was horrible
Eli Lilly is an excellent company to work for. The companies commitment to diversity and inclusion is what drew me to the company and it has continued to expand their inclusion programs and acknowledge the different cultures within the workforce. Benefits are really great. Health, Vision and dental benefits are among the best I've experienced. Excellent time off benefits: Vacation, sick time, personal time, bereavement, maternity, etc. Unfortunately, management and the overall Administrative Service department is lacking a lot of direction and connection with the Administrative assistants in the group. My manager in particular is very unorganized does not provide accurate information and often creates issues within the group. Micro-managing is a huge pain point in our group. The disconnect between the ASC and the departments that the Admins support is vast and there have been no efforts to bridge that gap.
Pros
Diversity and company benefits
Cons
Management within Administrative Services(ASC)
Very busy Admin Assistant roles at Lilly, supporting 8-10 director-level persons Collaborative environment Strong, helpful Administrative Assistant network within Lilly
Pros
Excellent healthcare, good competitive pay
Cons
Company seems to be losing its focus on its employees, which were important to the Lilly family.
Good place to work. At ELI Lilly the typical work day was busy yet manageable. I learned to work well a team player. It was organized and structured. Good environment , lots of intellectual stimulation.
I saw permanent full-time employees receive the benefits and compensation for my work. Even though they tell you up-front fixed duration employees do not get hired, you still hold out hope that your performance would win out in your favor. Lilly banks on this in the relationship and they become the multifaceted winners.
Pros
Exciting place to work; brilliant people; fast paced.
Cons
Purging and re-emerging of positions dictated by Lilly's culture.
I was a fixed duration employee and enjoyed working there. Everyone was helpful and thoughtful. Willing to pitch in. I worked in Due Diligence and made many contacts while there.
Pros
Great team members
Since I was hired on Contract, I was unable to share in the benefits package along with my peers. When the Contract was over, the job was over whether or not you wanted to continue working there or not.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Contract Status
I have enjoyed working here at Lilly and would recommend the company to any as an employer of choice. They are a very innovative and tech savvy company with great growth potential if you are in the right field.
Pros
Great salary and benefits; great people to work with
Cons
Not enough advancement for Adminstrative Assistants
assistance to the director managing his calendar and setting up meetings. all administrative, ordering lab and office supplies. coordinating visitors passes when required. code and submit invoices for payment. Reconciliation of monthly expenses
Pros
very nice environment and great food at the cafeteria
Cons
temp position
I was very young when I started working at Lillys . I am now retired but I am very grateful I had the opportunity to ba part of this company's workforce. I personally feel they take care of their employees especially in this very difficult economic time. I work for 33 years at this company and had probably 15 or more different jobs . I was able to learn so much and meet so many wonderful people. We honestly felt like a close family in some of the areas I worked . Very grateful !
Pros
Benefits, classes, pay, hours.
Cons
Very competitive atmosphere
Diverse Place to work, there are all types of employees here that have a wide variety of skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people. The downside is there is not much room for career development if you are on the B-Path which is support fields. It is rare that a person crosses over to the professional path.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement on the support path
Great place to work. The work life balance makes it a wonderful environment. The freedom to work from home whenever needed was incredible for morale.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Lily. They treat each of their employees with respect and dignity. I left because the work hours didn't support my need to care for my growing family.
Lilly is great place to work. Everyone is very professional. They allowed me to do a job share position which was a tremendous blessing. The work life balance is wonderful. There are many benefits working at the Corporate Center.
  1. Administrative Assistant