Eli Lilly logo

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews for Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

Work-life balance

Found 58 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,766 reviews

Culture and Products

Eli Lilly really does have the best medications out there. Really easy to sell. I only interned for them but it seems like the products really speak for themselves.

Pros

Culture, management, pay is fair, work/life balance

Cons

Have to move to headquarters to move up the ranks

Amazing potential for work life balance and great opportunity if you have a supportive manager.

With a unbiased supportive manager and team you will without a doubt be successful. I was only successful when it came to my numbers despite being in a very toxic and racially insensitive environment. Due to the stress caused by a irrational biased management structure, my health went downhill which is not conducive to achieving a work life balance. Things may have since changed and the area I was in may have been a contributing factor but this was my experience. Just as a measure I was not the only one that had this experience. After my experience, I met 3 people in different settings who look like me who have (unprovoked) shared the same sentiments.

Pros

Great Benefits and compensation

Cons

Some management

Very nice work, life balance

A typical day, is going from primary care physician to the next detailing them on your product, in hopes that they prescribe your medication Great company, very diverse, with great work, life balance.

Lilly is a great company

I took time off to take care of my family! Lilly was an awesome company to work for, and given the opportunity, I would love to work for Lilly again. Lilly is an industry leader and I will always value the time I spent there.

Excellent place to work.

Eli Lilly is an excellent company to work for. I really enjoyed my time with this company. Will recommend the company to any job seekers. The company provided a good work life balance.

Great Place to work

As a Lilian we get respect each and every moment which seems to be a enjoyable part Management gives individual respect to its employees.its really a great culture for Lilly. Learned a lot in Lilly in terms of Dealing with the External customers especially Doctors and other stake Holders. The Hardest part is missing the Orders in month end.

Pros

Great Culture

Cons

Middle men Management

16 years at this company. Management has gone down the tubes look for another company

Company has really gone downhill over the last few years Management is a nightmare yearly reviews are a joke Don’t waste time here better off with larger company

Pros

Pay

Cons

Managers

great place to work

great company with wonderful benefits. Great worldwide reputation and commitment to healthcare. very professional people to work with and be inspired by

eli lilly

great job over all. good people. travel a lot. sometimes further than most days. pretty much make own schedule. will have to do monthly reports. also be sure to communicate

Great Company and People

Fantastic place, Fantastic Mission, Fantastic People. One of the only places I have found that continually encourages communication, encouragement, support, and a leadership based mindset from the field reps to the management.

Pros

People, Culture, Growth Opportunities

Jobs at Eli Lilly

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative positions
See more jobs

Great Work/Life Balance

Awesome job if you are looking to make your own business plans, own hours, and own schedule. It is a challenging role in the aspect of pharmaceutical knowledge and a sales learning curve, but can be worth-while post training.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Can be lonely

Good place to get experience

Eli Lilly is a good company to start your career. They will teach you so much but you need to go somewhere else if you really want to advance and achieve your goals.

Great multi national employer

Lilly was my initial exposure to working for an international corporation. The facilities and resources were second to none. Tremendous opportunities if one applied him or herself appropriately.

Great working environment

Great place to work with nice base pay and bonus. If you want to do well you need to hustle. Good sales training and trainers, lots of role playing. Good

Pros

Top Pay

Cons

Lots of meetings

Diversity was not a strong suit at the time

Diversity was not a strong suit for Lilly during my time there. I am sure they have changed - the optimist in me- and are more diverse in culture, structure, and development.

Competive and family environment

This was a fun and competitive work environment. The managers were tough but family oriented as well. I enjoy competition and always strive to be number one so enjoyed their mission statement!

First job

Lilly was my first job out of college. The training was in depth, preparing me for my role, but also for my future outside of Lilly. I am thankful for my job there.

Productive and very fast paced.

Great team effort on all fronts to expand the business. Collaboration and constant communication helped to make the evening speaker programs a great success.

Pros

Great work enviroment

Cons

Not enough challenges

Productive and Great work-life Balance

Working environment was great, very collaborative and hard working teams. Great work/life balance. Eli Lilly takes care of it employees and treats them fairly with great compensation as well.

Not great for working Moms

It has been quite a while since I worked at Lilly but at the time I was pregnant and then a new Mom. The company had been listed as a Top Company for Working Mothers. I found myself in a situation where my manager was annoyed I was tired during my pregnancy which she reported to several of my peers, and then refused to follow company policy to facilitate my breastfeeding while traveling for work. For me these were very difficult issues I had to overcome. When I tried to move to a different part of the sales force to work part-time, she tried to prevent this from happening as well. I reported her to HR and nothing came of it. Fortunately I was able to transfer within the company but those 2 years did not make me feel good about the company.

A Company that value the people with respect, integrity and excellence.

I start my day aligning my goal to company's organisational goal which I have to meet and exceed sales plan and other metrics. What I have learned about Lilly is that the training was superb and I was fortunate to have some great mentors who really helped me. It was fun and happy work place and they are putting emphasis on recognising and rewarding performance. Lastly, I enjoyed the family day given to us which I had the chance to enjoy with MY family.

Pros

Cash and travel incentives.

Cons

Occasional extended work hours.