Eli Lilly logo
Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Work-life balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,766 reviews

Good place to work, but they do not value their employees

Good place to work, but they do not value their employees, you can work hard ad reach all the companies targets, and lose your job any time.Exactly in my country team and management were amazing

Pros

Good life/work balance

Cons

Low salary

Overall, a good company advancing medicine.

The pharmaceutical industry is difficult with "access" to offices getting more and more challenging. Lilly as a company is mostly good. I have heard some troubling stories about qualified people being deliberately overlooked for positions so that less qualified, more "diverse" people would be considered so that Lilly can claim to be diverse and inclusive. Anyway, for the most part, the culture is good, the work has some meaning, and you're treated well, aside from the ominous feeling that a "reorganization" of the business could always be around the corner and you could end up looking for another job.

Fun place to work

Good management and exciting happy hours for the team. Recommend more career growth opportunities for younger colleagues. Pay range is standard for industry.

good starting salary and benefits

expect the unexpected things to happen, especially if you're applying for a position, recommended person usually get the job rather than the ideal person.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

management faction

Good Place to Work

I enjoyed my time with Lilly. My managers and team members where great! I felt supported and received valuable feedback. Work day was good and flexible.

Pros

good work environement

Cons

no cons

Good Company Overall

In general a good company to work fo, unfortunately a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. More attention needs to be paid to line managers to ensure that they are following the rules and respecting the Company's values and culture.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Lack of Stability

Good company to work for in pharma.

Excellent company to work for. Good benefits and long term stability in pharma. Pipeline looks comprehensive. Good benefits. I have worked with them for 21 years, and you don’t hang around for 21 years without having respect for the company and career goals that have been met.

Pros

Advancement possible. Large and stable pharma company

Cons

None.

great company to work for

Successfully managed the Huntington, WV territory (the highest volume producing territory in the WV District) generating $5 million plus in annual sales. Responsibilities included achieving budgeted sales and profit objectives while building breadth and depth in existing base of business. Most Current portfolio included: Trulicity and Basaglar. I established, leveraged and maintained relationships with office staff, nurses, physicians and pharmacist in the primary care, psychiatry, pediatric, OB/GYN and internal medicine sectors to promote Lilly products while creating collaborative partnerships to generate best patient outcomes. Previously promoted products include: antidepressants, antipsychotic, erectile dysfunction, testosterone, PMDD, osteoporosis, ADHD, antibiotics, and H2 antacids.

Fun atmosphere great people

Place was a good place to work really no issues. Company worked with as much as possible and everyone is huge on family time as well. incentives are great as well no complaints at all..

Great company to work for

Eli Lilly has been the best company culture to work with for a sales job. The importance of family and work life balance was evident throughout my time there.

Jobs at Eli Lilly

Sales Representative positions
See more jobs

Great job for 1st 10 years of employment

Eli Lilly and Company is similar to many Fortune 500 pharma companies. People don't leave good companies like Lilly, they leave because of poor people in management positions.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Great salespeople that are promoted and become poor managers

no comment

No comment about typical work day or what I have learned in the company I am just trying to skip this step on the website thank you very much and have a great day

Good Company

Good company doing good work for patients around the world with new products. Good culture of people, teamwork and collaboration with a patient focused feel

Pros

people

Cons

pharma

Good company

Good company doing good work to help people around the world. Good culture of people and collaboration. good investment into the future with new products.

Pros

culture

Cons

pharma

Great company

good company doing good work to help patients with novel and impactful medicine. Great culture of people and collaboration. Great investment into products for the future.

Pros

Cons

Ups and downs of pharma business

Great culture and great pharmaceutical company

Excellent experience that provided me with the opportunity to develop my skills and career within a healthy corporate culture. Respect for People is real at Lilly.

Excellent Training

the training program was excellent and through for an entry level sales position. mentorship programs supported new hires and management was supportive. Products were industry leaders and ability to move up within the company was excellent.

na

In the ten years I worked with Lilly I had exceptional training, opportunity and advancement. Most of all, I was able to impact the lives of patients and their families in a positive and meaningful way. For that I am very grateful.

The culture changed

The changes implemented were for the benefit of the shareholders not the employees. Even to the point of diminishing the healthcare plan such that the medications covered were only generics not branded , which is crazy if you consider that Lilly manufactures branded products. Point being that money being saved and redirected any way and at any cost became the mantra, including cutting benefits and jobs. It was a fabulous place to work at the outset. Good training. Not outstanding but good. The culture was fantastic , supportive , and well-balanced. Then the tide turned and it’s been a downhill slide since, which makes itself evident from the stock price to the docs offices.

Pros

Great coworkers, wonderful patient education materials

Cons

Priorities changed from patients to stockholders

excellent company to work for

fast paced, always learning constant challenges. Must be able to move with change, learn quickly, adapt sales and marketing to the changing market and environment. Must be able to form relationships with your customers to gain access and promote your product. What I enjoy most about it was the customers that helped patients have a better outcome with their health issues.

Sales Review

Eli Lilly provided an excellent opportunity for me to build a strong skill set in front-line sales. This included relationship building/management, targeting, research, data analytics, team building, collaboration, partnership management, etc. I was able to utilize my analytical skills to strengthen how I used my communication with business prospects, giving me a unique edge when I left the company to return to the non-profit sector as a front-line fundraiser.