Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews for Senior Sales Representative

Always showing ways to advance your career. They set the right path in order for you to succeed. They really understand work life balance. I just wished the compensation was a bit more for the amount of products you have to support
No complaints! Benefits are amazing ...culture is phenomenal and they provide more than enough resources to help you succeed at your job. They don’t pay the highest in all of the companies but they have a better overall stability for sure .
Pros
Benefits, culture, advancement
Cons
Pay a little lower
Great midwest based company, diverse with good benefits. Excellent training. Hardest part of job is completing tests, update modules, training. Flexible work
Incentive compensation is embarrassingly low and it is not commensurate with one's performance. Lilly does not reward it's top tier producers & the measures used for annual recognition are very subjective.
My initial experience was fantastic: Intelligent, supportive, fun-loving team, relevant training, fair compensation that matched my effort and drive, I met and exceeded goals, and had a genuinely kind, super DM. Then came the change in upper management: Several hundreds of employees laid off due to poor planning and siloed lines of business left even those of 25+ years stunned with an overwhelming sense of betrayal with abrupt, unexpected notice the relationships are over. Left was a company that continued to unfairly evaluate performance, adjust territories and related AEs, and aggressively trend toward letting go older employees and replace them with astounding numbers of new college graduates with nominal experience. It's too bad, I loved my job and serving HCPs and patients. I do not miss the drama, fearful environment, untrustworthy and vindictive teammates, or self-righteous company that I felt didn't really care about it's employees at all. Nonetheless, I am grateful for the opportunity in many ways, and pray that God guides this company to behave in the best interest of patients and their families who are counting on integrity and science to achieve better outcomes for those Lilly serves.
My time with Eli Lilly was an extremely positive experience. My role positioned me to secure an elevated position with another pharmaceutical company. However, if I had a chance, I would certainly go back to Lilly.
This is an average pharma company. They provide very good training for you pharmaceutical sales career. I worked with good people but mangers were at best OK.
Management is way below par Culture is a facade Better be a good as kiss up A lot of reps just buying time not happy Messed up from the Area to their team
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Terrible MGT, Most are miserable but there are a very few bright spots. You better be a great kiss a$ to survive
Eli Lilly has faced the ups and downs of other major pharmaceutical companies. I found the organization to be ethical towards sales people in direction and in lay-off situations. The organization was also ethical in selling to customers. While I did not agree with organizational decisions to eliminate account based/hospital sales departments, I believe it was done with the best interest of the larger company in mind.
Pros
excellent benefits, solid leadership from top to bottom, made great products
Cons
paid on the lower end of comparable organizations
I haven't worked there in over five years but I had a lot of fun with a great team. I didn't intend to leave, they had a 30% reduction in their sales force.
Eli Lilly and company is a great company but the advancement and the ability for growth are limited unless you work at corporate in Indianapolis. I wanted to stay with a company for long term growth bt that was not possible.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The hours
Layoffs are the standard. All divisions are scrutinized. Resources routinely downgraded and ageism exists. Marketing in any area seems to be deficient.
Very conservative selling environment. Fewer opportunities for growth, especially if unwilling to move to Indianapolis. Pretty conservative in how they manage the business.
Eli Lilly & Company has been an industry leader for over 130 years. They are a first class company that believes in doing what is best and what is right for its customer, employees and stock holders. They manage to achieve their goals with the highest of ethical standards. They have been innovators of many life-saving therapies not only in this county but around the world.
Pros
Being able to help physicians help their patients
Cons
Insurance restriction, political dynamics
I valued my time at Lilly! I had the privilege of working both at its corporate center and out in the field as a hospital sales professional and systems analyst. I loved the people I worked with there!
Lilly is a good company, but the management is mediocre. Many lay offs the last couple of years. The environment of the company is good but stressful.
Pros
good salarie and culture
Cons
Management is mediocre and to many layoffs
I truly enjoyed working at Lilly. It was my first experience with a pharmaceutical compay. The training I received was amazing. They continuously prepared you with dealing with your physicians and having the knowledge that was required to have a good conversation with them. Their bonus program is great along with comparable base salaries.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Delayed sales results
Lilly provided top training, both home study and home office. The products are innovative and sales reps always had the support of marketing and brand/
Seeing customers, independable work. Was part of management when we launch a product. Workplace culture was awesome, love every moment thereof. Love my job.
Pros
Car, medical aid and pension fund
Cons
Admin after hours, but I managed it.
We were founded in 1876 by Colonel Eli Lilly, a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that met real needs in an era of unreliable elixirs peddled by questionable characters. His charge to the generations of employees who have followed was this: “Take what you find here and make it better and better.” More than 140 years later, we remain committed to his vision through every aspect of our business and the people we serve starting with those who take our medicines, and extending to health care professionals, employees and the communities in which we live.
The thought of leaving so many wonderful people and friends who have made such a huge and positive impact on me makes my heart ache. The family culture is what makes Lilly exceptional
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
large corporation moves slow
  1. Senior Sales Representative