Eli Lilly logo

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,852 reviews

Great people

They consistently look to improve the system and not place the blame on the people. The opinion of people is actually taken into consideration.People are generally nice and supportive. The company has been open about being an ally, supporting BLM, diversity in the workplace, mental health, equal rights... all the good things, treating employees as humans first. This was my 1st experience of such an environment and I absolutely adored it. Overtime is paid for contractors and discouraged for staff.The site has a free access gym and a series of group classes.For the time I was there my work-life balance allowed for almost no life, but a lot of my colleagues would wrap up as soon as the clock hit the mark and with a 39 hours work-week that leaves a lot of time for life. When you are "promoted" it is essentially more responsibility and work for the same pay - as a contractor at least.

Pros

Cafeteria has amazingly small prices, There is the possibility to work from home and flexible hours, People are generally nice and supportive, Great culture

Cons

It is unlikely you'll get any raise

Poor culture and biased career prospects

The culture at GBS is very conservative, condescending and biased against non Irish nationals. Areas where Lilly is far behind the competition are salary/benefits, where even some of the benefits they do offer only kick in after 6 months, offering a trust based empowering culture. Finally, a transparent and performance/merit based career progression process. Promotions are reserved mostly to Irish nationals. In the end, the house always wins.

Pros

Nothing that isn't a norm in any other company

Cons

Salary, benefits, career progression

Rewarding workplace

I only spent 9 months there on internship on 2015. Those 9 months were great. Nice people, rewarding work and manageable work life balance. If I still lived in cork I would apply for Eli Lilly again.

Excellent orgasnised organisation

Procudtive and fun workplace envorinmont. Very casual organisation and displayed a great worklife balance a nice culture. I learnt that management was very experienced.

Professional Workplace

Pros.: Nice Work/Life Balance Almost professional Management Great experience Stable career path and nice environemwnt to increase your professionality Stable workplce Cons: Load of paper work

Fast growing GBS with strong culture

A great place to work in Cork, very good management and a new office building. Work life balance is generally very good. Salary tends to be less competitive within the Cork market.

Pros

Management, work life balance and new office

Cons

Poor enough salary

Productive and changable

The day started at 7:00 am until 6:00 pm, after a long 1 hr 20 min commute and I would focus on closing out my scope of work, which took main priority. However, I would be asked to help out with other areas of work, to achieve schedule dead lines for others. This gave me a better understanding of other disciplines. The management structure was well taught out and the company procedures well put together. The team was helpful and had the occasional jokes, everyone got on with their work load as best as possible. The hardest part of the day was the afternoon around 4 pm. Just had to refocus and keep mindful until 6:00 pm. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home. Long hours and intense workload, you needed a break. Oh! Pay day was nice too :-)

Pros

free Turkey at Christmas

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Great company to work for and very rewarding. Management and employees are friendly and there is great culture. there is excellent work life balance and caring environment.

Pros

Excellent work life balance

Cons

N/a

Great company and culture

I have worked in Eli Lilly more than 3 years. The company has great business culture. It is a very serious place with the dress code. You usually work 7 hours a day which is an advantage.

nice vibe, very relaxed(both good and bad)

a relaxed workplace very friendly oniste gym and excellent canteen workload tended to be inconsistent audit prep and NPI were both the hardest and enjoyable parts of the job

Pros

good gym and canteen

Jobs at Eli Lilly

See more jobs

Productivity

Managing, processing and prioritised orders. Liaise with internal contacts including Supply Chain, Accounts Receivables and General Accounting. Generate and send out invoices Liaise between customers and affiliate to resolve dispute cases. Constant contact with customers and manufacture Preparing meeeting.

Pros

Pleasant environment

Cons

long hours some times

nice place to work

cultural diversity nice atmosphere great people small chances for promotion poor salary very political approach a lot of nice events planned through each year, company bbqs, Christmas

Pros

fun atmosphere

Cons

very political, poor benefits

Great Place to Work

Lilly is a great place to work especially if you are only starting out in the financial services sector. The people are very nice and the work life balance is excellent. Management are easily approachable and really spend time making sure the job your doing is the right fit firstly and then develop you accordingly. My only criticism is that progression within the company is hard to achieve in certain departments.

Great working environment

Great cultural working environment with great people to work with. Great learning experience with endless possibilities and ability to progress. The company make great use of the skills you have and even help you amplify them to get the best out of you. Help is always there when you need it

Pros

People

Good Company

Good company to work for, specially for those seeking opportunities in pharmaceutical company. Respect for people and fair salary.

Pros

good people

Cons

low career perspective

Busy, welcoming workplace

Eli Lilly is a company which values its employees contributions. A productive and welcoming workplace environment is an important part of the company Ethos. They ensured that, as a summer student, I was given every opportunity to gain experience of the various production and laboratory processes. This made my job here very interesting and worthwhile.

I'm Very happy to work for Lilly, but due personal reasons I'm looking for work in dublin

Productive and fun workplace

Company is offering opportunities for development. Busy and fun environment which allows to grasp a knowledge from different processes and departments.