Elizabeth Arden

Elizabeth Arden Employee Reviews

Ireland7 reviews
either constantly busy or slow and boring for hours. i learned how to sell products and improved my communication skills. efficient management and friendly co-workers who made me feel very welcome. the job was not difficult and the benefits were quite good.
I loved my 4 years working with Elizabeth Arden which unfortunately came to an end due to Debenhams closing. Great company to work for - everyone is very friendly and supportive - it's like one big family
Pros
Holidays, product allocation, pay and commission structure
Cons
Having to work late nights other then that none
While working for Arden I met some amazing people , I received excellent training , it’s like a big family , plenty of support . I worked as counter manager in Debenhams , the downside is Debenhams . They control stock ordering , so at times it was very frustrating
Pros
Excellent company
Very stressful and toxic work environment, staff end up fighting over customers and sales, and customers end up bringing stuff back after feeling pushed to buy it from stressed out staff.
Targets some weeks are impossible to reach, if you are not reaching them expect to be told that your basically a waste of money!

The brand itself is around a long time which is good but they don't seem to keep up with trends so its very hard to try and get new customers when there is so many other new affordable brands that tailor to all ages. Training is decent enough but often felt slightly rushed. Overall it was a very bad experience, I really dreaded going into work which I never experienced with any other job, very disappointing as I was so excited when I started.
Pros
Decent pay and good commision
Cons
Managment, long days, stressful enviroment
It's all about Targets if you don't make them monthly you will be sacked it doesn't matter if your trying your best or no customers around very stressful job you get a month or 6 months if their really stuck for people then if your not maken their crazy targets they sack you and like most people your jobless or if your lucky to be smart and get job in time before they sack you as so they don't have give you contract your on probation for months and years so your never permanent.

I've seen people leave after 2 weeks or month into the job. I've heard of girls getting screamed at on shop floor by area manager she is overly nice at start to everyone but just act as she sees euro signs. people leave this company don't look back

Counters fall in profit and sales as staff ways changing or their might not be anyone on counter for weeks Which means customers go else were then new people starting still have crazy targets to make and walk into this.

Training isn't great or support system
Pros
Free products
Cons
Job stability wages training mangement targets staff turnover
Reaching targets is all that matters
Targets which are too high to reach for commission

High staff turnover which is why their will always be jobs advertised.

Hard to get contract with ongoing probation for months

If u have stable job do not leave it for this especially if you have bills and kids to care for as you can be let go anytime you are just a number.

Lots of competitive brands that are cheaper some shelf products others counter high end products.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Large targets. Pay, unreachable commission. Ongoing probation
traffic stopping
hookbacks

events

demonstration our products to customers

friendly environment

great caring company to work for

very helpful

great training

make overs

facials

fantastic products
Pros
great allocation