Enable Ireland Employee Reviews

A very enjoyable experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Street14 October 2019
I enjoyed my work placement with Enable Ireland and met new people. I learned that if items are not sold within the premises in 2 weeks, they either go to another charity shop or to a recycle bin. If there were pieces missing from jigsaws or games, the current pieces had to go into the bin also. The management were very friendly and it's a great place to work to help people with disabilities. The hardest part of the job was being extra careful with the steamer to iron the clothes before they were put up for sale in the shop. Also having to be extra careful when tagging items was difficult because of the sharp ends and you could accidentally prod yourself if you didn't use it properly.
Lovely Employees
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Cork28 September 2019
Although I like working here, it was mostly down to the lovely hard working volunteers I met in the course of the time I spent here. While I was working there, throughout my nine months, there was four different managers. It was difficult to deal with the everyday "politics" between the main office and our shop.
Productive and fun workplace
Family Support Worker. (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Limerick27 August 2019
It is a productive and fun workplace and I enjoy working as part of a team and meeting families and children with special needs. I enjoy the variety of activities that we do.
new experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary15 August 2019
I learned a lot from my time here, I made new friends and feel that became more confident working in a team and interacting with customers. I also felt as an individual I grew up a lot both inside and out
Unproductive but the staff were nice
Shop Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary10 July 2019
I would sort out clothes into blocks which would change weekly to keep customers looking.

How to deal with customers on a professional basis.

A little outdated in terms of equipment.

Nice and friendly staff.

Finding stuff to do.

I got to enjoy an occasional chat with the staff and customers.
Nice place to work
Charity Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phibsborough, County Dublin17 June 2019
Nice to meet people working for a charity
The hardest thing was to steam the clothes as it often got stuffy and warm in the back of the shop
The staff and managers are nice to work with
Fun Workplace
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kells, County Meath17 January 2019
Good company, hardworking staff, enjoyable work environment. Productive working days, staff seemed to be happy to work the hours they did, and there was an overall conviviality within the workspace.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Very quiet office
Excellent place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, UK29 October 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working with staff members especially the management learned a lot learned so much about meeting targets a typical day at work i would kept busy with merchandising, stock rotation, collaborating with staff members on ideas for sales in the shop i learned that working with a different range of people that everyone have a different range of ideas and opinions . the management couldn't have been more helpful to bring out the best of your ability everybody works as a team the workplace culture had a great atmosphere the hardest part of the job to get certain amounts of staff to be motivated the most enjoyable part is having team interaction having a laugh while hard at work
Pros
getting discounts on items that u purchase
Cons
having to deal with difficult customers
Amazing atmosphere.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 October 2018
Being around such good people who devote their lives to helping others is something I was moved about and really opened my eyes. I enjoyed every minute here.
Productive and fun workplace
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kells, County Meath4 September 2018
They take care of their customers, not only offering excellent customer service but also understanding their customers so well that they can anticipate and fulfill customers' needs..
Pros
Customer Satisfaction
Cons
Long Hours
Dull-ish
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phibsborough, County Dublin28 August 2018
Not a very enjoyable work experience. I also was only volunteering so I can't really speak for staff. The manager however wasn't very pleasant to deal with.
It was fine
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 May 2018
I had to do a lot of stuff with clothes. It was very boring but it was not terrible. If you don't like working with people this would be good for you to work.
A very good team work and lively environment to work. E eryone cared about one another and that made the work place a longing and a fun place work. F
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway5 May 2018
Free tea was also served. Team work culture was great. The training opportunities was always so handy. The manager delegation of duties wasn't at any time cumbersome but precise and that made the job flow easily. Christmas bonus was paid.
Fun
Charity Work (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry10 April 2018
I Really enjoyed working in Irish Cancer Society as it allowed me to gain many beneficial skills. It also let me work for a cause which helps people which is what I really loved about working here.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
N/a
Lovely people to work with and I have met a lot of inspiration children and adults who use the services
Swimming Instructor and Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sandymount, County Dublin21 March 2018
A typical day is meeting and greeting the different groups who come to the pool whether it's young children or adults. A chance to interact with lots of different personalitys and every day is different
My time spent here was the just the most wonderful time of my working career .
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enable Ireland co Kilkenny Ireland5 January 2018
Enable Ireland
Kilkenny services was indeed everything you could ask for the team we’re just perfect
The wirk at times challenging but so truly rewarding .
If I had never made the move to Cornwall I am truly confident that I would still be with this amazing team
Pros
Working together as a great team to better the quakity of lives of others
nice company to work in
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary13 October 2017
I gained valuable skills in retail and customer are. I learned the value of working as a team and it gave me a valuable insight into the world of retail
I'm worcking as volunteer
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick3 October 2017
In my current role I provide assistance to customers on behalf of Enable Ireland. I help customers with their selection and purchase of products, providing further assistance to customers purchasing heavier items.
I assist in keeping the stock room clean and tidy by ensuring deliveries are stored to health and safety standards by reorganizing the stock room.
Part time employment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick1 October 2017
I like to be busy and work with a group to get the job done. I like to organise office systems and make sure work is not left undone. I have worked with special needs and small children and really enjoy this too. I like to get out and see what's happening on the ground
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many days
great workplace
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth12 April 2017
My work days start at 9 am in the morning . when i arrive first in the store i open the shop i set the alarm up , i switch on the lights and the heat . I clean the shop floor and shelves and i make sure all stock looks decent and tidy (colour blocked ) I set up the music to make warm and nice atmosphere for the customer. I always make sure i look very well groomed i have a badge with my name on it . at half past 9 i open the shop door and i start greeting the first customers . I always greet customers with good body language and nice voice . I am always ready to listen to customers that have an issue . I always try to solve the issue with a smile . I work with till and credit card machine . The shop has plenty of visitors everyday i make sure the shop is at all times clean and the shop is safe for the customer and children . I give idea to the shop manager about rearranging the shop . I always introduce customers with our return policy . If customers have any problems i am always ready to listen to them about their and try to find a best way to sort the issue
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours