Esquires Coffee

Esquires Coffee Employee Reviews

The most horrible place ever
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath22 August 2019
I worked for 3 months in Esquires... Is not a coffee shop, is a factory.. They lie to you that you will be trained on making coffees, till and deli, 2 weeks on each section.. But the ugly truth is that they will only keep you in the kitchen on the dishes and cleaning up the whole floor... I never had a morning shift in 3 months, I was closing the shop 5 days a week... the place is so busy and the old girls there will never help, they will stay and gossip next to the coffee machine that to come to give you a hand when needed.. I was never so slim in my life while working there..that was the only good thing 😁🤦‍♀️... very bad management, horrible food, eat 2 there and got sick... I won't recommend ever to go and work there... they will treat you like a slave not like a person... when I went to complain about the hours, 55 one week., and the fact that I was closing the floor and the kitchen every day .. me starting with 30,but people were leaving every week... the manager told me in my face, if u are not happy find another job.. we are not willing to hire someone... so the next day I did found another job... I am still there, extremely happy, with amazing people and even if is a hard job, I do it with pleasure because we are a team and support each other... avoid
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management, no help, to much work for 1 person
I loved going to work every morning!
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway27 May 2019
Esquires Coffee was such a fantastic place to work. The experience and confidence I gained from working in a fast paced and extremely productive environment was invaluable. The rapport between staff and management couldnt have been better. Everyone worked towards one common goal- making the customer happy and it showed. The coffee and food are both amazing. They really encourage all their baristas to learn about the coffee they are making - which is so important and was not done in any other place I’ve worked. If you have a passion for customer service and amazing coffee - you would love working for Esquires.
Pros
Barista course provided free of charge, amazing coffee
A Career Not a Job
Franchise Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Louth Meath22 April 2019
I have worked for Esquires Coffee for over 7 years. During this time I have managed stores, opened stores, gained my Master Barista Certifications. A great place to work, laugh, learn and meet many exciting people and friends.
Pros
Free Coffee
Very bad working condition!!!
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, IE19 December 2018
Very bad working conditions

1 married couple owns 3 Esquires Coffee

New employees are coming and leaving every month or week

Bumpy behavior from managers and supervisor

Everything is wrong there !
Pros
Cons
Worst supervisor in co.Westmeath
productive, professional workplace
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth24 July 2018
On a typical work day i would usually be on the til, prepping and preparing food, bringing out food and coffees to customers, cleaning tables and dishes, attending to our customers needs etc..
I learned good customer service skills, and to how to work well under pressure.
My management was unstable at the beginning of my employment but we had a strong team who worked well together.
The hardest part of the job was learning to act quickly and deal with situations properly and correctly.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with my fellow team members as part of a group who helped each other reach our top potential and who didn't bring each other down or hold each other back.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
salary
Very good place to work. You will learn a lot especially responsibility and team work.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, County Leitrim21 January 2018
Esquires is a very good place to work in. The management is excellent and the rest of the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend everyone this place because it teaches a lot.
Friendly staff
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth14 January 2018
The workers are easy to get along with, free lunches were good. very tiring in terms of the amount of work needed to be done especially at lunchtimes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tiring
fun busy workplace
deli assistant /front of house/coffee (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary6 December 2017
esquires is a busy work place,a great place to work and lovely customers and customer service was key
the only cons i had was that
i missed retail and sales and full on customer service
Worst ran store
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Louth6 December 2017
Worst store to work in
No structure in place and the facilities available leave alot to be desired.
High staff turnover due to poor management and unhappy staff
Did not agree with how management behaved.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Longford, Ireland29 August 2017
Simple because of the management of this establishment I would not like to be working here full-time and with the people that were working there at the time with exception of one. The atmosphere was very drool and unfriendly to new and inexperienced employees.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
not a good experience
trial as bariata (Former Employee) –  mullingar24 June 2016
I did a trial run at esquires Mullingar as a Batista floor staff. These guys totally used me, I was on the floor half an hour then they put me on k.p duty...I'm an experienced Batista The management at the time wouldn't let me near the espresso machine. I didn't apply for a k.p position.I finished my trial after 3.5 hours and worked hard..The management never bothers calling me to say whether or not I was successful or to say thanks for your efforts.I found the management rude and I would advise anyone in catering asked to do a trial,unpaid for any company to simply refuse and find a job that pays you from the start.. I'm sorry I spent any time entertaining these muppets
Pros
sandwich, cappichino
Cons
very busy
good place
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, LM21 January 2015
hard work , stable place, responsible people, nice atmosphere