Eurogeneral Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Eurogeneral Ltd selected this as a representative review
workplcement
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Limerick18 September 2019
good atmosphere and have kind staff it is a great shops for party stuff school stuff hens stuff and bits of everything all on a great and affordable prices.
Fast-paced and Competitive Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare26 January 2020
When working in a company such as the likes of Eurogeneral Ltd., one must consider the neccesities in terms of skills and quality that is required to work in an average job. in the case of the ordinary minimum wage employee, the job is generally loading and unloading stock, checking customers at the till, facing off products as well as guranteeing complete customer satisfaction.
A fast paced working environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo24 January 2020
A good place to work overall as a store assistant, friendly work environment. A versatile and fast-paced daily work routine, with emphasis on strong merchandising, presentation and customer service.
Good work place
Sales assistant - Euro Giant // Stephens Green (Former Employee) –  Stephen's Green11 January 2020
Very relaxed and team work based. Would recommended for part time work. Easy to pick up skills for the cv and life experience. Easy but fast paced at times
Productive place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare3 October 2019
Fun and challenging job on a day to day basis.Each day required something new which was refreshing.Working in Euro giant gave me great confidence dealing with customers and their inquries. Working in euro giant was enjoyable as managment were excellent to staff.
It was... fine.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ballincollig, County Cork28 September 2019
Well for starters you can never plan ahead .. you get a weekly time sheet that comes out on a Friday but the working week starts on saterday so you never know until Friday eve if your working saterday or not. It's also a MESS I traveled to a few eurogiants in cork to cover sick days and every one of them was the same! Management is.. fine if you have an okay area manager. I loved the team I worked with and were still friends to this day so that's a pro.
good work enviornment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 September 2019
was a good start off for me as i was just 16 when i started working for them i was still in school so the part time hours suited me perfectly and the managment and company was very nice to work for
Pros
worked around school time
Cons
not consistent hours when finished school
I have learned to use the till and gained customer service skills
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longford City Centre, County Longford15 August 2019
I enjoy working in retail. I love the atmosphere and helping the customers. I have been trained on the tills and learned a lot about sales. I enjoy the busy lifestyle it has day to day. It keeps me busy
Challenging and rewarding but let down by poor management
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland7 July 2019
Management is actually appalling they don't care about welfare of employees. I worked here for 3 months as part of a summer job and never once did any management give me an ounce of praise. I have a learning disability and it seems like I was singled out because of it. They punish you for showing initiative you need to follow exactly what they say and your instantly reprimanded for not doing so. Management sits in the office while your out on the floor on your own this makes them very unapproachable.

Aside from management the job did have its fair share of challenges such as helping customers find items on the shelves, and I found the "face off" to be particularly challenging took me a few weeks to get into it. Dealing with customers who are short with you and spill out all their change on the counter for you to count are also particularly challenging.

However the job is also extremely rewarding there's no better feeling than a customer appreciating you and the work you have done for them. They may be few and far in between but its always worth it
Pros
Lunch breaks are an hour Staff themselves are friendly
Cons
Extremely poor management No guarentee of working from one week to the next
High paced environment
Supervisor, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland19 June 2019
The company is very up and down. The store you work at will tell you what you need to know about the company some store have great staff and basically run them self. Other store are falling apart because of management using their power to control you. The wage for a supervisor and assistant manager should be higher especially in busy stores.
Pros
Working hours are good.
Cons
To many items that are taking up space.
Friendly place to work
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 May 2019
Very friendly and professional staff always very friendly and very accommodating , would always try help you of in any way. Explain how the everyday running of the shop floor very clearly
Amazing place to work with
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 April 2019
I have had soo much fun working here the past 4 weeks of work experience. I stacked shelves and assisted customers needs around the shop. Management was great, both managers were really friendly. The shop is hard working and fast pace which is what I like. Lunch time was long enough and hours were great. The staff were also very kind and assisting, and felt like I was really part of the staff crew.
Pros
Lunch. Management. Staff. Hours.
Fun place to work
Stock control (Former Employee) –  Cavan19 March 2019
I liked working there for a week it was fun but busy at the same time. The staff was nice and really fun too. The most enjoyable part of the job was stacking products on the shelves because it was easy.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Busy all time
Enjoyable and good work team
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavan28 February 2019
Enjoyed the experience of working as a shop assistant, unfortuntely it was just for the christmas period. It was a very busy area ,you need to keep on top of everything and expand your multi-tasking skills to whatever needs to be done, i.e stacking the shelfs or making sure there isn't a que of prople to be served at the tills. Health and safety for workers and customers is also very imprtant in the work place.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Too many works with little hours
Lovely people to work with
Office Assistant/Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Gained most of my experience with this company and really appreciate every minute, staff are really nice and so helpful when it comes to learning new skills,.
Fun workplace
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Laois30 January 2019
While i did my work experience there i had a great time and got along with the other employees as well as the manager. They never pushed me to hard but instead went easy on me and showed me what/why/where.
Pros
Good hours
Shop assistant
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 January 2019
great place to work. Manager and long term staff all wonderful people, friendly, welcoming and supportive. Training was great and overall experience was good.
Hostile
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, County Cork14 December 2018
You would start and be assigned with multiple tasks throughout the day. I have learned a great deal about customer service. The manager wasnt friendly, always sarcastic and always put you down but the supervisors are the friendliest people you will ever meet.
Productive and fun to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork14 November 2018
Fast pace environment ,
well organized company with lovely people to work with
high standards in sale and achievement
Very busy during seasonal period, specially Christmas
Avoid this company
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleville14 November 2018
Constant recruitment in store, hiring and letting go numerous people for same false reasons in short periods of days or weeks.
If you value yourself at all avoid this company.
Constant recruitment is never a good sign.
Management should be investigated.
Poor attitude towards staff, no promotions, low hours a lot expected for minimum wage.
Cons
Unprofessional management
Productive, busy
Stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool shopping centre5 November 2018
I got on well in general the manager was a bit bossy at times but I didn't mind it I would like to work in the same environment if possible I think it would be ideal for me because it would help me improve my manner towards people and get know people a lot better .the work staff was nice never had a problem with them. It's good to get on with the people you work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurogeneral Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.