Eurogeneral Ltd Management reviews

Featured review
Eurogeneral Ltd selected this as a representative review
workplcement
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Limerick18 September 2019
good atmosphere and have kind staff it is a great shops for party stuff school stuff hens stuff and bits of everything all on a great and affordable prices.
It was... fine.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ballincollig, County Cork28 September 2019
Well for starters you can never plan ahead .. you get a weekly time sheet that comes out on a Friday but the working week starts on saterday so you never know until Friday eve if your working saterday or not. It's also a MESS I traveled to a few eurogiants in cork to cover sick days and every one of them was the same! Management is.. fine if you have an okay area manager. I loved the team I worked with and were still friends to this day so that's a pro.
Challenging and rewarding but let down by poor management
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland7 July 2019
Management is actually appalling they don't care about welfare of employees. I worked here for 3 months as part of a summer job and never once did any management give me an ounce of praise. I have a learning disability and it seems like I was singled out because of it. They punish you for showing initiative you need to follow exactly what they say and your instantly reprimanded for not doing so. Management sits in the office while your out on the floor on your own this makes them very unapproachable.

Aside from management the job did have its fair share of challenges such as helping customers find items on the shelves, and I found the "face off" to be particularly challenging took me a few weeks to get into it. Dealing with customers who are short with you and spill out all their change on the counter for you to count are also particularly challenging.

However the job is also extremely rewarding there's no better feeling than a customer appreciating you and the work you have done for them. They may be few and far in between but its always worth it
Pros
Lunch breaks are an hour Staff themselves are friendly
Cons
Extremely poor management No guarentee of working from one week to the next
High paced environment
Supervisor, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland19 June 2019
The company is very up and down. The store you work at will tell you what you need to know about the company some store have great staff and basically run them self. Other store are falling apart because of management using their power to control you. The wage for a supervisor and assistant manager should be higher especially in busy stores.
Pros
Working hours are good.
Cons
To many items that are taking up space.
Amazing place to work with
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 April 2019
I have had soo much fun working here the past 4 weeks of work experience. I stacked shelves and assisted customers needs around the shop. Management was great, both managers were really friendly. The shop is hard working and fast pace which is what I like. Lunch time was long enough and hours were great. The staff were also very kind and assisting, and felt like I was really part of the staff crew.
Pros
Lunch. Management. Staff. Hours.
Avoid this company
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleville14 November 2018
Constant recruitment in store, hiring and letting go numerous people for same false reasons in short periods of days or weeks.
If you value yourself at all avoid this company.
Constant recruitment is never a good sign.
Management should be investigated.
Poor attitude towards staff, no promotions, low hours a lot expected for minimum wage.
Cons
Unprofessional management
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown6 October 2018
good place,very stressful but lovely staff, good management, not well payed for job description, busy shop, normally nine hour shift, part time is very fair,
Pros
good hours
Cons
liitle staff
friendly environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary21 May 2018
long days with little to do most days. not enough hours for the employees currently employed other that management. hardest part of the job is dealing with certain customers without security.
Pros
friendly envirornment
Cons
not enough hours to go around
productive workplace, but no sign of permanent contract after 2 years.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roscommon Town, County Roscommon30 March 2018
I worked well with certain members of management in eurogiant, yet found it hard to plan time to visit sick family when required and ultimatley left the position following the company refusing me holidays I had booked months previous to attend my brothers wedding.
Cons
No guaranteed hours(0 hour contracts)
Fun and productive place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick27 November 2017
I really enjoy working in Euro Giant. I would usually stack shelves or help customers. I do everything I am asked to do. The management and all the staff there are really nice and very helpful.There is no really hard work there it is just sometimes very hard to find a place to put the products if they are not on the shelves.
Pros
Helpful staff
i really liked working with the staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2017
i really enjoyed working there it was a lot fun and the staff and management was brilliant. i would love to do all over again. i learnt alot when i worked there such as communications with customers etc.
Hard work and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare9 September 2017
I think was very essential for me as i learned about management and how to deal with the customers; The hardest thing was that as is a big place, you always have something to do, walking, pricing, open boxes, checking prices, helping customers; This job improve my teamwork skills and communication skills;
Productive and nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longford27 August 2017
Very busy shop, with constant replenishing,nice management and employees that are very easy to get on with, part time hours offered. Free parking within the complex. Training provided
Pros
Very central
Workplace
Till Assistant became Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Donegal15 August 2017
I really enjoyed working at EuroGiant. The management and other workers were fantastic colleagues. I worked here for two years part time as i was at college during the week. I became supervisor here in May when I finished my Post Leaving Certificate Course in Sligo. It took me a while to get used to the jobs that had to be done as Supervisor but I got the hang of it, I will miss my time at Eurogiant but i know that it is my time to move on and find new experiences.
Pros
Great Collegues
Sad place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath22 April 2017
Bad work ethic no opportunities for long serving staff, always undermine staff and make you feel worthless and unwanted. Staff are always been left on shop floor alone or with management who are just legal age to work who gave out stepped long serving members of staff. Worst job ever. No sick pay or benefits or equal opportunities like your told on your interview.
Pros
Week holidays
Cons
Low pay for over worked staff. Managment poor and over paid.
team work
retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Longford23 May 2016
hours are mostly 4 hours a day 5 days a week, nice to work as a team, management are flexible with any days needed off. not much chance to progress
Pros
working as a team
Cons
short 4 hour shifts 5 days a week
productive and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athlone17 August 2015
work with people has taught me communication and teamwork.Exemplary management. The most enjoyable part of the job is nice atmosphere in the workplace.
Enjoyable but insecure work place.
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dun Laoighre, Co. Dublin23 February 2015
Work was physically demanding, lifting boxes up and down two flights of stairs every day to the stock room. But this didn't bother me too much, it was tiring but do-able.

I learnt how to run a shop, how to delegate work among employee's, how to work tills, deal with money. How to do back office work and make orders. I gained experience in merchandising, sales and customer care. I opened up and locked up in the evening, also making me responsible for cash flow/ lodgements, security of the shop etc.

The managers in the shop I worked in were very good to work for, they completely trusted me with all the responsibilities in the shop.My co-workers were easy to work with, the boys too lazy but usually no trouble.

The hardest part of the job was the physical labor and trying to deal with theft/ unpleasant clientele without a security guard. I never felt safe while working there, especially not when locking up/ dealing with money.

The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. I had the best co-workers i've ever had. They made doing the job a fun / pleasant thing to do.

Big issue was the lack of opportunity to move up through management or to make better wages. You are literally just a replaceable figure in their system/ corporation.
Pros
Great Manager and assistant manager in my shop.
Cons
Lack of security in the working place. No security guard or shutters.
Intense and nice people to work with.
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D13 January 2015
Like in most work place relating with shops, i work with cash machine ( serving costumers ) or dealing with products.

I improve me knowledge about serving costumers especially dealing with costumers complaints. Most of the experience i improve with dealing with shop products, make sure they are in the right place. Don't have opinion about management, don't have any complaints. Co workers are were nice people to work with very friendly and helpful.The hardest think in work place dealing with costumers complaints. Enjoyable part its to help costumers and feel good about your self knowing that you can be helpful and useful.
Pros
Helpful co workers
Cons
Late hours
fast fun paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kerry, WLS11 September 2014
open the store at required time, start the morning paper work for the day, get stock from store room for the employee's to work on throughout the day,
The management are very helpful if i ever had a problem need solving or questioned.
The hardest part of my job was trying to do bout 30 things at once but always got my work assigned done.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great staff.
friendly, fun and flexible environment
Sales / Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maynooth10 January 2013
1. Typical day at work is the constant in and out of customers
2. i have learnt to accommodate, focused, hit targets, friendly, reliable, open to corrections and active
3. management is in order
4. co.workers are like a family, we looked out for each other
5. constant re stocking and merchandising non stop
6. when working and having a chat with co.workers, makes me work harder and dont even feel tired