Eurogiant Employee Reviews

Not a nice place to be
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork22 October 2019
Staff are amazing and all get on as a team. Area manager is two faced and you will never where you stand with her. HR dont take calls or respect employees.
Pros
Great team in store
Cons
Area manager
good work enviornment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 September 2019
was a good start off for me as i was just 16 when i started working for them i was still in school so the part time hours suited me perfectly and the managment and company was very nice to work for
Pros
worked around school time
Cons
not consistent hours when finished school
Challenging and rewarding but let down by poor management
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland7 July 2019
Management is actually appalling they don't care about welfare of employees. I worked here for 3 months as part of a summer job and never once did any management give me an ounce of praise. I have a learning disability and it seems like I was singled out because of it. They punish you for showing initiative you need to follow exactly what they say and your instantly reprimanded for not doing so. Management sits in the office while your out on the floor on your own this makes them very unapproachable.

Aside from management the job did have its fair share of challenges such as helping customers find items on the shelves, and I found the "face off" to be particularly challenging took me a few weeks to get into it. Dealing with customers who are short with you and spill out all their change on the counter for you to count are also particularly challenging.

However the job is also extremely rewarding there's no better feeling than a customer appreciating you and the work you have done for them. They may be few and far in between but its always worth it
Pros
Lunch breaks are an hour Staff themselves are friendly
Cons
Extremely poor management No guarentee of working from one week to the next
Amazing place to work with
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 April 2019
I have had soo much fun working here the past 4 weeks of work experience. I stacked shelves and assisted customers needs around the shop. Management was great, both managers were really friendly. The shop is hard working and fast pace which is what I like. Lunch time was long enough and hours were great. The staff were also very kind and assisting, and felt like I was really part of the staff crew.
Pros
Lunch. Management. Staff. Hours.
Cons
Productive and fun to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork14 November 2018
Fast pace environment ,
well organized company with lovely people to work with
high standards in sale and achievement
Very busy during seasonal period, specially Christmas
Avoid this company
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleville14 November 2018
Constant recruitment in store, hiring and letting go numerous people for same false reasons in short periods of days or weeks.
If you value yourself at all avoid this company.
Constant recruitment is never a good sign.
Management should be investigated.
Poor attitude towards staff, no promotions, low hours a lot expected for minimum wage.
Cons
Unprofessional management
Nice people to work with.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare3 August 2018
Small shops, small where houses. at Christmas shops extremely busy. hours can be flexible if you ask nicely. hard to start as at the start you getting the least amount of hours.
Pros
hours can be flexible
Cons
not good conditions
friendly environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary21 May 2018
long days with little to do most days. not enough hours for the employees currently employed other that management. hardest part of the job is dealing with certain customers without security.
Pros
friendly envirornment
Cons
not enough hours to go around
Fast paced work environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Thurles, County Tipperary3 April 2018
Challenging and fast paced work place. Constant forward planning plus on the spot thinking required. Area manager is excellent to work with and has made the job more enjoyable.
productive workplace, but no sign of permanent contract after 2 years.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roscommon Town, County Roscommon30 March 2018
I worked well with certain members of management in eurogiant, yet found it hard to plan time to visit sick family when required and ultimatley left the position following the company refusing me holidays I had booked months previous to attend my brothers wedding.
Cons
No guaranteed hours(0 hour contracts)
i really liked working with the staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2017
i really enjoyed working there it was a lot fun and the staff and management was brilliant. i would love to do all over again. i learnt alot when i worked there such as communications with customers etc.
This job was very enjoyable and fun.
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 July 2017
I really enjoyed working in EuroGiant as I got some experience working with the staff, with people and how to use the tills. The culture in the workplace is happy and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the tills and interacting with the customers. The staff were very friendly and made you fit in very well.
Good working environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kerry14 June 2017
Very busy fast paced retail environment serving a wide array of customers. Very high merchandising and presentation standards of stock , enjoyable overall experience to manage one of these stores.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Heavy lifting sometimes required as pallets are large
Not enjoyable anymore company has changed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 June 2017
Typical day Irritated and bored
I have learned Everything from sales to stock control,stock take, transfers, end of day cash up and anything in a managerial position.
No comment
All types of culture
The tension and the lack of respect
That I have one and staff are pleasant

I use to love my job and the company.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
No respect
ok place to work
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway19 May 2017
typical day included stocking and erstocking the shelves. Working at the till and helping with customer services. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on your feet. Also lunch breaks are quite short.
Great atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin7 May 2017
It was a lovely place to do work experience for. they all made me feel welcome and they all talked to me. very clean and very tidy all the time the staff were lovely and friendly
Pros
Had lunch in the staff room if wanted to
Cons
I had all the jobs that no one else wanted to do
Boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Celbridge, County Kildare5 May 2017
For my few months working in eurogiant, I did have fun but I did the same thing every day and it got boring to me, I came to learn different skills but all I learned was the same thing over and over.
Cons
Not long enough lunches
Sad place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath22 April 2017
Bad work ethic no opportunities for long serving staff, always undermine staff and make you feel worthless and unwanted. Staff are always been left on shop floor alone or with management who are just legal age to work who gave out stepped long serving members of staff. Worst job ever. No sick pay or benefits or equal opportunities like your told on your interview.
Pros
Week holidays
Cons
Low pay for over worked staff. Managment poor and over paid.
A productive and organised workplace.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny Shopping Centre, County Donegal7 April 2017
A pleasant work place to gain some basic knowledge about retail. Although conflict that can arise from everyday work place situations can be difficult to resolve.
Pros
Convieniently situated in a shopping centre.
Cons
Lack of good work ethic.
hard working workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow28 March 2017
enjoyed my work experience. I stacked shelves carried stock and assisted customers while on work experience. The job was really enjoyable and recommend to anyone