Excel Recruitment Employee Reviews

Sometimes good jobs
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 November 2019
I worked at differente wedding venues, coworkers were friendly, some more willing to help than others but met some great people. Not a bad company to work for.
Bad place to work!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 October 2019
They dont care about staff just once they make money. Late calls at night asking you to work at 7am next day. Late calls on Sunday. Never organize ahead your working week. Shocking company to work for, stay away!!
Crazy
Catering Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 September 2019
It’s a nice job if you are a student and just need money for the time being.
It’s really stressful working with them as you could be sent to a far place from your residence.
Pays tend to vary from time to time.
Challenging
Kitchen Porter & Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork18 September 2019
fast-paced environment as you are in new locations constantly and need to learn the running of each place. No guarantee for hours so I would not recommend if it is your only source of income or if you have a lot of responsibilities. Would recommend as a second job or if you were a student. Mainly daytime work mon-fri. You can be given very short notice before work but you also have no obligations and can turndown offers.
Pros
flexibility and free food inmost places
Cons
no guarentee of hours
waiter
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2019
Excel recruitment has bring out the best in me in hospitality , i have learn many skills from different hospitality firm like in door and outside door services,i have been able to familiarize my self with different cuisines,company’s ethos, culture, needs and goals and how to satisfy customer no mater there region have been able to be more flexible going for shift in many companies around Ireland. these as also given the opportunities to meet different people and be able to work with them and make them happy by getting the work done. The hardest part is meeting up with your appointment time and when you have to familiarize yourself with the new work rules all time.
The most enjoyable part is me getting to know places.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
Big company doesn't mind the little man
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 November 2018
You really need to push supervisors for new job assignments.
You're always working in a different place and you need to learn from scratch.
The agency really doesn't care about the employees.
Zero communication with staff, you have to beg to know details about assignments.
Pros
more money for less work
Cons
no one cares about you
Varies from venue to venue
Bartender and Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 May 2018
I enjoy working with Excel, the variety of work gives me great experience and the staff are fantastic. It's hard work but can be rewarding. Could be great as a second job
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Can be hit and miss with the amount of work you can get
Agency
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 April 2018
I was a kitchen porter, I was sent all around Dublin to whichever company that needs an agency to come work for them, either for a few days or a week. my only trouble was the transport because I had to rely on public transport.
Unreliable for consistent work
Catering assistant/Bar and waiting staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 December 2017
Not reliable if you're looking for day to day work. The managers all call you when you're needed desperately. I don't understand why they keep hiring when they have loads of staff that they're not offering work to. The company has a whole is very disorganised
Pros
Free lunch in most places
Cons
Disorganised management
Not consistent jobs not much work
Catering asistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 November 2017
At interview told plenty of jobs in city centre for catering assistant but have struggled to get even one job would not recommend them not very helpful
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many hours
Realy helpfull
Decoration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 November 2017
I love to work with them. They care about us and this is amazing. We get all the suport that we need and they are every time prepered to help us and doing the best for us.
Pros
Awesome peolple
Cons
non
Good
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 November 2017
I work as a bar staff and they give me hours and good shifts.
Recruitment agent should listen needs and problems on specific location and sort things out. Coordination can be more organised but they are fair and polite.
Pros
Free lunch, double pay for bank holidays
Cons
Coordination
Unorganised and disappointing
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 June 2017
When I was hired by Excel I was promised that there was plenty of work daily. I have since been struggling to get even 1 day of solid work out of them. The system in which they organise availability is poor and I have been booked in a couple of occasions to work, only to be told on extremely short notice that I'm not needed anymore. I was only told this when I texted Excel.

Poor experience overall, quite misleading in the interview about the amount of work they had.
Used to be a lot better
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 March 2017
As a recruitment company, it used to be a lot better than it is now. The grocery team were very good but now just seem to care about profits. I dont think they have the same quantity of jobs.
Pros
The recruiters worked in the industry so know what they are talking about.
Cons
If you dont click with the recruiter, you wont get a job.
Pleasant experience and ex grocery team
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kildare15 September 2016
Had a very pleasant experience dealing with Grocery team and was successful in securing a new perm job that was better paid and suited my situation. It wasn't immediate but I appreciated the time they take in genuinely looking and knowing what suited myself and family situation.
Pros
Actually have worked in the industry and know what they are talking about
good experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 August 2016
I had a good opportunity to work is temporary but it was very satisfying to work with them . It was great working with them.
Environnement de travail agréable
Consultante en recrutement (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 April 2016
Très bon environnement de travail, travail en open space pour faciliter la communication entre collaborateurs.
Très bonne ambiance.
I need a chance
Staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D7 January 2016
Improve my english working at any area. I need work, I want a lot. Excellent ability to follow instructions, punctual and responsible.
nice place to work
Catering Assistant (Part Time Casual) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D6 December 2015
As a catering assistant do some salad, sandwiches and clear all table but nice place to work.Working along with the colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
15min
Long work time
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 August 2015
Very long work time, and after I received my salary 3 weeks after events and in wrong amount. and I continue waiting for correct amount of hours that I worked.