Expeditors

Expeditors Employee Reviews

Very busy and stressful place. So many people left the company because of this reason. Too much negativity between colleagues including managers. The pluses would be good salaries and loads of training which is a bit boring at the beginning but very helpful.
Great company to work for , many benefits including great private pension scheme, shares scheme and private healthcare ! Friendly people within the company.
Pros
Pension, shares all great benefits
Cons
It’s a really great company to work for. It just needs a better management. They say they will do something and never Follow up with it. They have a lot of favoritism.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No benefits until your part of company, csr dispatchers don’t get lunch.
I worked at the location in Bensenville. It was decent, but very corporate. I wouldnt recommend working here unless you have family within the company.
Expeditors as a company takes care of their employees very well. They provide great benefits but the pay is pretty low for the industry . I ended up leaving for various reasons. I think who you have as a supervisor makes a difference on your feelings about the job. They say they hire within, which is true, but they’ll need to speak to your supervisor first and is he/she doesn’t like you, maybe don’t hold your breath. Despite not being my favorite place to work, I enjoyed the people. I also love how they do various company events to show appreciation to their employees.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Low pay, boring work, overtime requirements
Presently suing the company for illegal racism and hostile work environment.Human Resources and Upper Management were told numerous times of the conditions at the Distribution Center and did nothing about it.
Pros
Free insurance
Cons
Racist environment
Expeditors is a good environment for logisticians who want improve their experience and knowledge. It provides training courses and knowledge for you
Current structure leaves many employees forgotten
You are a number to them. They do NOT care about your outside of work life in any shape or form. In the 5 years I have been here I have had my weekly schedule changed 6 times and my start time changed 7 times as well. All of them being on extremely short notice with no regard for my life outside of the job. Substance abuse is rampant. Warehouse leads and managers are consistently on pills and other drugs. Taking “smoke” breaks in their cars. Selling and or buying substances at work as well. If you have respect for yourself and want to be treated as such. Do NOT apply for any position at Expeditors.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Management. Treatment of employees. Disregard for your life besides work.
Tons of growth opportunities if willing to dedicate to the company and move. My manager started to help me grow once I express that is was my goal. I would never leave if not for a better opportunity.
Pros
Benefits, management
Cons
Work life balance. Can be long hours, stressful
Good Company organization structure , with good operating systems,. The culture of work hard and play hard is one of the key elements.Strong support from the management and regional team. Company strive to train personnel in multi tasking capabilities.
Pros
Good performance benefits for employee
Cons
High Expectattion
A fast-paced job, you start your day by waiting for someone to buzz you in the building. Could take anywhere from 1min to 25mins to get inside. Next you wait in the break room. Till they come collect your identity. Than wait for them to tell you what your day is like. Then you wait on them to unlock the wearhouse door. So you can get your stuff. Then wait for them to give you your RF gun. Then you wait on them to sign your orders in the system. Then you can start your day. Providing the shift that just went home provided you with working equipment. You pick your product all night. Then you go home.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Feels like a boot camp, leads E.I.s took to you like subhuman
Great place to work. No I will or tell you more. I do not get paid for this assessment of my previous employer and therefore will not tell you more. I have done enough for this survey. Thank you very much.
Great job opportunities if you have knowledge localizing, scanning and operating a Forklift.Everyone it's really kind and everyone respect. If someone doesn't understand they will teach you step by step. It's really interested job.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great environment work
Cons
No bad things about this job everyone get's treat fairly and with respect.
Gran ambiente, una cultura muy formal que promueve la competitividad y el desarrollo. Empresa estable y seria.
Pros
Seguro médico, seguro de vida
Cons
Presión
Excellent work experience. I wish you work again with expeditors. I went for 2 weeks training. Work was light. Supervisor, Team Leader is very good, but other employees cause so much drama. Some Employee who work on line they always (Confused) try to blame on you while working. Be careful.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
People speak their language while working.
The oppertunity I had at this company was finominal! I loved the commute and also loved the little family enviornment. The people are nice and even managers tend to joke around once in a while. March Madnes?? more like pizza and wings madness !
Bullies, that’s what comes to mind when I think about Expeditors. People get cranky when you ask for help. Everyone stabs each other behind others’ backs, from the office to the warehouse. Lots of politics going on in an office of 60 people; one gets promoted very quickly, if they’re close to the DM. It’s run like a family business; it is unprofessional, low pay. They say they value their customers, but there were actions that completely opposite. They will do certain activities to “teach a customer a lesson.” There are still a few good people there though; but they’re often stressed, overwhelmed, overworked. All management does is abusing them even more. It is really not a good place to work.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Toxic work environment; bullying;
This company in my opinion is great as a company based out of Seattle. But this is the south, anyone from the South!! Things sometimes don’t make since,as far as investing in people
Pros
Shirts and boots
Cons
Charged, but rarely have time for lunch break
company lacks a clear consistent training program. Managers are not supportive and are often nasty to those who are unfamiliar with the industry. Nepotism
benefits
Cons
poor management
It was a bad experience because the supervisor always was talking Spanish bad words to employees . One time I complained and he said what you guys expect if you are working in a warehouse. That’s not right.
  1. Employee reviews