Extreme Networks Employee Reviews

nice
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana15 July 2018
nice and good not hectic . Learned many things but management sometime plays politics which was not good. hike is not as expected infect too less hike.
Good
CUSTOMER ORDER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  CHENNAI, TAMILNADU - INDIA12 July 2018
This is a nice working place. Employees freedom is there. They have offered more benefits to the employees. We should be very motivational in your job allotment.
Not a good place to work as part of acquisition
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH9 July 2018
Extreme Networks does not treat employees from acquisition well. Avaya was acquired by Extreme Networks in 2017 and the former employees were laid off one large group after another without mercy. It does not reflect well on Extreme Networks.
Great team of People
Corporate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH7 June 2018
I worked with people that really cared abouting helping customers, partners and colleagues. Senior management has done a great job with acquisitions over the last few years.
productive, decent work life balance
VP Engineering (Current Employee) –  Salem, NH4 June 2018
Most enjoyable: working with my team and building culture of Excellence, Execution and Innovation.
Being part of complex organization sometime slow down decision process.
Pros
Thursday: pizza, beer, wine
Cons
complex decision making
Very confusing time there now.
Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH9 May 2018
Great company to work for when things are stable. Things are pretty up in the air these days. They just cleaned house so there are many loose strings. They will find their way and things will get better. It would be nice to see things turn around.
Pros
Pay was good people were very professional.
Cons
No clear direction passed on from upper mgmt. This deficiency impacts work life balance
Excellent place to work
Own project as hobby, President and Founder (Current Employee) –  Costa Rica9 May 2018
This is my own project as a hobby, so for me this is a great place to work, also with hard work and inspiration you can reach your dreams, so you have to keep moving forward!
OK place to work
Extreme's management (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH7 May 2018
There are a lot of good people at extreme, the company has bought divisions of brocade and avaya and will have to wait and see how the integration of those companies works out.
Pros
lots of good people
Cons
cafeteria is poor
not the place for collaboration
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA16 April 2018
If you're looking for a place to collaborate ideas and be innovative, this company is only interested in doing everything the same old way (which didn't work so out so great then and won't now)
Excelente Presidente de la empresa
Marketing (Former Employee) –  México10 April 2018
A pesar deque el presidente de la empresa es maravilloso, los mandos medios operan sin estrategia y con favoritismos.
Pros
Grandes personas.
Cons
No hay balance entre vida laboral y personal
Very Friendly company
Customer Service Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamilnadu, India3 April 2018
The day starts with pleasant cluture of meeting everyone. Managemement is very flexible when it come to shifts. Pay was better and convenient HR policies.
Pros
Payroll, management, shift
Cons
not much parties
IT engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC26 February 2018
Great work environment. No bosses just great leadership.
Flexible work hours
Great company events
Break room on every floor
Free refreshments
Clear company mission
Ok job
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH14 February 2018
Co-workers at my level were very supportive and helpful. Training was lacking as the company acquired other companies. Job stability is currently questionable.
Senior technical trainer
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire14 February 2018
Updating current courseware or creating new courseware. New courseware could be for a new course or a bespoke course for a customer.
Delivering courses either at an Extreme Office location or at the customer premises
When developing I work closely with the engineers and GTAC to ensure accuracy and to ensure content is appropriate. by doing this I am always increasing my knowledge of the products.
Fun place to work
USCAN Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH8 February 2018
Great place to work. The Extreme team is very welcoming!!

The company offers its employees lots of team building events. On Thursday afternoons the employees gather in the cafe for beer Thursday and team building activities.

Senior management updates the employees quarterly regarding the state of the company.
Pros
Beer Thursday :-)
Cons
Management take credit for employee work
Service Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC2 February 2018
No longer as fun place to work.
Managers go behind employees back and take credit for someone else's work.
Managers are not open and upfront with employees.
Pros
Good people for the most part
Cons
Poor management
Very productive
Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA31 January 2018
My stay with Extreme was as a consultant. I worked on job analysis, market pricing, survey analysis, incentive design, sales compensation design, and job architecture.
Pros
Good management team, supportive
Career Advancement Opportunities
Professional Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH13 November 2017
Extreme Networks, provided me with the opportunity to advance my career. The company rewards hard work with opportunity and job advancement, and the technology is unequaled in the industry.
Training & Course Development Contractor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NH9 November 2017
I was a contractor. This rating was based on my 1 year experience.

As a contractor, even though you sit amongst the employees, you need to remember that you are an outsider. Everyone I know or met there during my time were professional, smart, and would help you with any question that you needed answering.
Pros
Extras. Free snacks, coffee, soda. They provide social atmosphere weekly to get people to out of their job areas.
Cons
My manager was more about self than team. I do not think this is true of other management
Good workplace and balanced
Service Planning & Logistics Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA24 August 2017
Nice company to work with, growing but need to challenge employees more to advance in their career and learn new technologies to stay ahead in job market and improve operations efficiency.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
need more challenging, should promote thinking out of the box work culture