Here to help: Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

Ireland33 reviews
Great stepping stone
Overall great place to work. Can be demanding during certain periods but if you're looking for a stable, long-term career, it's certainly a place to consider.

Compensation is competitive among its' peers but that doesn't mean to say employees are fairly compensated. .Overall workforce s

is above average in terms of talent, intelligence, skill etc. but the compensation doesn't reflect this.

If you are more focused on compounded growth, consider EY. If you're looking for good comp in the short to medium-term, perhaps not the best place.
Driven and Fast paced environment
Experience Dependant on area you work in, your career progression is cared about and there is a driven and determined culture.
Expect to get out what you put in, often this means longer hours than contracted for.

People have been really helpful and nice in my experience
Great place for fresher to learn and get the required experience
Highly recommended for freshers to start their career with EY. Very professional work environment with latest technologies and tool use in the industry.
Great to get experience but can be stressful
I worked at EY for over30 years. I made some great contacts and got very good experience with well known clients. As I got older I found the workload became quite stressful
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Very stressful
Great place to be
A lovely team and very pretty environment. I felt very welcomed and got a great reference after finishing a temp assignment. I was doing many different tasks and enjoyed my time there
Fast paced fun working enviroment
My day would start with me coming into work at 9 am. I would either carry on with the work I had from the previous day or I would wait for my Senior to appoint me the allocated work for the day or for the week. Usually it wouldn't be too busy and because of this we were able to take many breaks.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Sometimes since I was an Intern I felt like I didn't have anything to do
Good entry level positions
Join EY as a graduate will provide you with a broad spectrum of experience and knowledge.
As experienced professional it's similar to the other big 4, and will not add much additional experience.
Streesful
Most days can be stressful others can be great.
This depends on the team you are on and the individuals above you.

All in all, not the worst place to work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Not a fit for me
Not challenging, not inclusive, quiet, reserved, strange atmosphere, Not a happy place. It was a very hard environment to fit into and people were very insular.I was not challenged with work but it was a challenge to fit into the environment
Work Hard Advance Hard
My role and my team were completely overworked beyond belief but we loved every minute of it. I became amazing at my job because I was given so much trust and responsibility. I loved the equality atmosphere and the regular social activities. Loved interacting with Partners and levels below. Loved the excitement when we won tenders and dragged some over the line to success when the odds were against us in terms of resources and time availability. They work you hard, and they reward you for it.
Receptionist
Toxic working conditions. The reception manager was a dictator woth no people skills
Great
Great place to work, typical day in my department meant staying in the office, team meetings, attending talks and workshops. Great people culture. Good social aspect.
Pros
Location of office
Cons
Salary
Great people to work with
Audited Hedge funds and Banking clients. Working hours can be a lot during the busy season. Learned a lot about funds and the environment in which it works.
Pros
Good exposure to industry
Cons
busy season
Great experience but hard work
I gained great experience working for EY Limerick. The people there are first rate, who constantly encourage and support you. I worked on a number of large multinational engagements across a variety of industries. The hours could be long and the responsibility placed on you constantly increases as you progress. However the experience gained is well worth the effort. Overall would definitely recommend working in EY Limerick
Pros
Free gym membership, sufficent holidays
Assurance
A good overall experience. You work on a variety of clients and have an exposure to an international environment. Work/life balance is challenging and largely depends on the nature of your clients and deadlines.
Great start off point
Great place to work if your ambitious, but dont dream of changing departments, Would be easier to quit and re-apply for the other role rather than move internally.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long Hours, Poor work / life balance, Inability to move departments
Workplace Culture
There is an open desk policy operated within the practice which encourages interaction and collaboration within the audit team as well as across other service lines.
Pros
Diversity of cultures within office workplace and variety of client portfolio
Cons
Acceptance of incomplete audit preparation work from clients
A fun and productive place to work
Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) is a very good, fun, vibrant and innovative place to work. We have a good group of people working with varying backgrounds, cultures and religions.
Great place to work would highly recommend to enthusiastic self motivated individuals who are seeking experience in consultancy advisory Financial services
Fantastic development and experience
EY focus on your development and progression. Fantastic training opportunities for those looking to progress/advance within the organisation. Great company to work in.
Good place to start career
Pros
1. Good emphasis on training and development

2. Get to work with fortune 500 clients

3. Supportive colleagues

Cons

1. Still, use outdated technology

2. A lot of bureaucracy exists

3. Work gets repetitive and boring

Advice to Management

Implement new technologies, go beyond traditional ways to do audit
Pros
learning and training
Cons
work quality