EY Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork23 July 2018
There is an open desk policy operated within the practice which encourages interaction and collaboration within the audit team as well as across other service lines.
Pros
Diversity of cultures within office workplace and variety of client portfolio
Cons
Acceptance of incomplete audit preparation work from clients
A fun and productive place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 June 2018
Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) is a very good, fun, vibrant and innovative place to work. We have a good group of people working with varying backgrounds, cultures and religions.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 March 2018
Great place to work would highly recommend to enthusiastic self motivated individuals who are seeking experience in consultancy advisory Financial services
Fantastic development and experience
Management Consultant (I.T Risk & Assurance (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 March 2018
EY focus on your development and progression. Fantastic training opportunities for those looking to progress/advance within the organisation. Great company to work in.
Good place to start career
Financial Services Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 January 2018
Pros
1. Good emphasis on training and development
2. Get to work with fortune 500 clients
3. Supportive colleagues

Cons
1. Still, use outdated technology
2. A lot of bureaucracy exists
3. Work gets repetitive and boring

Advice to Management
Implement new technologies, go beyond traditional ways to do audit
Pros
learning and training
Cons
work quality
Long hours but rewarding
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2017
TAS intern for 6 months in the Dublin office. Work hard and long hours but very good exposure to clients and partners. 90% of the people working there are absolutely great but some of the managers and above very unappreciative of work done by interns and graduates.
Challenging and Competitive Environment
Lead Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland26 July 2017
- Busy work environment
- Great exposure to different clients
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Good investment and provide strong foundation for future career
Pros
- Learning and Development opportunities
Cons
Long hours in busy season (January to April)
EY is a great place to work. It provides ample of learning opportunities. It has a work life balance environment.
member firm of Ernst & Young network (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 May 2017
EY is one of the big four auditing and accounting firm. Its a great place to become familiar with diversified industries through our exceptional clientele. I have gain so much in terms of leadership and communication skills. Represented EY in a number of Audit Committee of our clients.
Graduate training contract in EY
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Cork12 May 2017
The graduate training contract in EY has pros and cons.
Pros include: decent study leave, great place to train and learn, some interesting clients, company phone, gym membership and generally decent people working there.

Cons include: Poor culture, no work/life balance at times to name a few. There are numerous other cons.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Coordinator
Sales and Account Coordinator/ Knowledge Research (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 March 2017
It is important to share information to find solutions to projects for Accountants so they can offer solutions to clients. I enjoyed doing this job...
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun place
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 February 2017
EY is a very diverse work place where your exposure is high and gives an opportunity to gain exponential knowledge in a shot span of time.
Productive and Balanced place to work in
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2016
All the staff are very helpful and kind. Open to answer any questions I had. Always ready to help and guide me in my work.
Learned a lot about the world of audit and accounting
Pros
Good salary and people
Cons
long hours sometimes and no overtime pay
Excellent job with opportunity to learn about new clients and meet new people on regular basis
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 December 2015
- A typical day at work mainly comprised of communication / meetings with the client, coaching and reviewing the work of subordinates , executing the audit documentation
- During my tenure, I have learned among other things, client management, understanding of UK & Irish GAAP/ IFRS, shared service audits work, correspondence with EY Local teams in different countries and managing everyone (Partner, client, audit, managers, assistants)
Productive and Learning Environment
Audit Supervising Senior (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D15 November 2015
Totally career motive firm. really enjoyable work here. mentors are really good and supportive. lots of travel involved within country and out of country
Pros
Training and learning
Gran ambiente de trabajo
Indirect Tax Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D3 November 2015
Gran experiencia y muy buen ambiente laboral. Grandes oportunidades de crecimiento. Management muy accesible y cercano.
Professional Company
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D4 November 2013
I recieved excellent training at E&Y, providing a great foundation for my future carerr.
Challenging
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Dublin 224 September 2013
Over the past 4.5 years I have been responsible for completing audits by myself and as a senior leading a team. I often worked on multiple engagements at the same time which required a lot of oganisation and communication.
I worked with different managers during my time there and got on really well with the people I worked with.
The hardest part of the job was the time pressure, particularly when delays were encountered as the job would go over the time allocated and that resulted in me having to manage multiple engagements and ensure the audit work and reviews were completed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting my colleagues and having the opportunity to work on audits both by myself and other people.