Here to help: Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin24 reviews
Great stepping stone
Overall great place to work. Can be demanding during certain periods but if you're looking for a stable, long-term career, it's certainly a place to consider.

Compensation is competitive among its' peers but that doesn't mean to say employees are fairly compensated. .Overall workforce s

is above average in terms of talent, intelligence, skill etc. but the compensation doesn't reflect this.

If you are more focused on compounded growth, consider EY. If you're looking for good comp in the short to medium-term, perhaps not the best place.
Driven and Fast paced environment
Experience Dependant on area you work in, your career progression is cared about and there is a driven and determined culture.
Expect to get out what you put in, often this means longer hours than contracted for.

People have been really helpful and nice in my experience
Great place for fresher to learn and get the required experience
Highly recommended for freshers to start their career with EY. Very professional work environment with latest technologies and tool use in the industry.
Fast paced fun working enviroment
My day would start with me coming into work at 9 am. I would either carry on with the work I had from the previous day or I would wait for my Senior to appoint me the allocated work for the day or for the week. Usually it wouldn't be too busy and because of this we were able to take many breaks.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Sometimes since I was an Intern I felt like I didn't have anything to do
Good entry level positions
Join EY as a graduate will provide you with a broad spectrum of experience and knowledge.
As experienced professional it's similar to the other big 4, and will not add much additional experience.
Work Hard Advance Hard
My role and my team were completely overworked beyond belief but we loved every minute of it. I became amazing at my job because I was given so much trust and responsibility. I loved the equality atmosphere and the regular social activities. Loved interacting with Partners and levels below. Loved the excitement when we won tenders and dragged some over the line to success when the odds were against us in terms of resources and time availability. They work you hard, and they reward you for it.
Great
Great place to work, typical day in my department meant staying in the office, team meetings, attending talks and workshops. Great people culture. Good social aspect.
Pros
Location of office
Cons
Salary
Great people to work with
Audited Hedge funds and Banking clients. Working hours can be a lot during the busy season. Learned a lot about funds and the environment in which it works.
Pros
Good exposure to industry
Cons
busy season
Assurance
A good overall experience. You work on a variety of clients and have an exposure to an international environment. Work/life balance is challenging and largely depends on the nature of your clients and deadlines.
Great start off point
Great place to work if your ambitious, but dont dream of changing departments, Would be easier to quit and re-apply for the other role rather than move internally.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long Hours, Poor work / life balance, Inability to move departments
A fun and productive place to work
Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) is a very good, fun, vibrant and innovative place to work. We have a good group of people working with varying backgrounds, cultures and religions.
Great place to work would highly recommend to enthusiastic self motivated individuals who are seeking experience in consultancy advisory Financial services
Fantastic development and experience
EY focus on your development and progression. Fantastic training opportunities for those looking to progress/advance within the organisation. Great company to work in.
Good place to start career
Pros
1. Good emphasis on training and development

2. Get to work with fortune 500 clients

3. Supportive colleagues

Cons

1. Still, use outdated technology

2. A lot of bureaucracy exists

3. Work gets repetitive and boring

Advice to Management

Implement new technologies, go beyond traditional ways to do audit
Pros
learning and training
Cons
work quality
Long hours but rewarding
TAS intern for 6 months in the Dublin office. Work hard and long hours but very good exposure to clients and partners. 90% of the people working there are absolutely great but some of the managers and above very unappreciative of work done by interns and graduates.
Challenging and Competitive Environment
- Busy work environment
- Great exposure to different clients

- Learning and Development opportunities

- Good investment and provide strong foundation for future career
Pros
- Learning and Development opportunities
Cons
Long hours in busy season (January to April)
EY is a great place to work. It provides ample of learning opportunities. It has a work life balance environment.
EY is one of the big four auditing and accounting firm. Its a great place to become familiar with diversified industries through our exceptional clientele. I have gain so much in terms of leadership and communication skills. Represented EY in a number of Audit Committee of our clients.
Coordinator
It is important to share information to find solutions to projects for Accountants so they can offer solutions to clients. I enjoyed doing this job...
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun place
EY is a very diverse work place where your exposure is high and gives an opportunity to gain exponential knowledge in a shot span of time.
Productive and Balanced place to work in
All the staff are very helpful and kind. Open to answer any questions I had. Always ready to help and guide me in my work.
Learned a lot about the world of audit and accounting
Pros
Good salary and people
Cons
long hours sometimes and no overtime pay
Excellent job with opportunity to learn about new clients and meet new people on regular basis
- A typical day at work mainly comprised of communication / meetings with the client, coaching and reviewing the work of subordinates , executing the audit documentation
- During my tenure, I have learned among other things, client management, understanding of UK & Irish GAAP/ IFRS, shared service audits work, correspondence with EY Local teams in different countries and managing everyone (Partner, client, audit, managers, assistants)