Fónua

Fónua Employee Reviews

From the minute you clock in. Till the minute you clock out you earn your wage packet. Plus not loyal to there long term staff. 10 long term men where let go in the few months I was there. They employed cheap agency labour to replace these guys. I therefore decided to part my ways too, I couldn’t work there thinking I had replaced some guy with a family and mortgage to pay.
I came to Fonua with a number of years professional experience in other companies, it was certainly the worst place I’ve ever worked. Blame culture coming from top management, hostility between different departments, directors openly arguing with each other and staff in tense board meetings. No loyalties to their staff having a number of unexpected redundancies over the years.
My work would start from 12-9pm. I would start the day with stock counts then i would locate new stock, when this was completed the rest of my day i would dispatch orders which would include picking, QC,packing and using two types of computer systems. I would also take calls emails and use forklifts. The management are very fair and i got to meet some great co workers in my time in the company.
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
Late hours
My day to day went as follows Mon-Fri 9.30am-6.30pm.Arrive at premises at about 9.15am.Make cup of tea.Sign in before 9.30am.Check printer for orders then arrange orders into file.Set manifests up for the day.Start picking/scanning/packing of orders.Operate forklift for stock if required.Meeting new people which would now be friends.I most enjoyed the morning of each day as that was the busiest and most productive
Pros
free mobile phone every year
Cons
lack of help/support when busy.
This job was a 3 month period contract.Friendly staff and management.Reasonable staff discounts
Pros
bonus
Cons
long hours, unpaid lunches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fónua?