Facebook

Facebook Employee Reviews

in few words Facebook is a great place to work. However when you are a contractor your opportunities get reduced significantly. You have to do whatever the team lead need you too. So you have a quite small room to be creative and innovative. Which is hard hen you work directly for a company that encourage those values.
I had the worst experience of my working LIFE during working onsite Facebook. Looking at horrible stuff all day long and if you make a small mistake they treat you very bad. I will never forget the way they treated me.
Pros
Free canteen
The work can be more challenging. A lot of incompetent people hired in the Dublin office. The salaries are also relatively lower. Overall the culture is very employee friendly.
Facebook is the worst experience in my career so far. The culture is toxic and management is a bunch of bullies in Community Operations. You can summarise it as you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours my Irish friend - yes you read it correct. Irish people have massive influence in company and they keep on hiring their friends, old colleagues etc. If they say we still have the start up culture / environment, don't believe it :) It is the most toxic, fake environment ever. During the interview process, I was given many false promises about my role and my responsibilities. However, the reality was quite the opposite, I was bullied on a daily basis. They just squeeze you like a lemon on a daily basis. I've never seen employees going on sick leave / having mental issues like this before. Turn over is really high, 5 managers left (or were forced to leave as a result of BULLYING) in the space of 2-3 months. Everybody is talking about impact all the time but nobody can define it. There's no KPI led targets so your performance is literally based on how your manager likes you / perceives you.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinners
Cons
A big long list, worst company every stay away
Though the idea of work/life balance is spoken about often and the concept of 'Team' and 'Family' are often loudly lauded the truth is very different.
Firstly, 7 interviews, some of which are from untrained personnel. The company itself is okay, but local management can be a bit self centred and narcissistic. Some even consider it like a fashion show. Some sycophants get away with doing very little due to their brown-nosing and telling tales on other staff. Beware of passive aggressive behaviour and snide little remarks when management are around. Off sites are crazy, you will rarely get a week without some boring mandatory dinner or other activity, and its painful listening to the same stories every week on forced activities. Can't see why you cant be left alone once you finish work. Good company, poor management, and some folk are brainwashed.
Pros
food, snacks, healthcare
Cons
too many on-calls, brainwashed colleagues, weasels, useless managers
Very fast paced and good environment, young vibrant people to work with. I am looking for a change at this time as I have been here for many years and a change is needed
It was a very good experience. The only problem was that my direct supervisor did not know how to handle the team, therefore, we had so many problems when he wanted to delivery any new information to the team.
Fantastic people and work culture together with environment. Very interesting product "Workplace by Facebook" I was working with. A lot of trainings..
I had the worst experience of my working life during my short stay at Facebook in Dublin. My boss basically told me that I was worse than useless after only 3 weeks in the role. I ended up in counselling days later, on the plus side my medical insurance covered the cost. Maybe I just got unlucky with the line manager that I ended up with. I would like to think this particular person has now had some training in people management skills. I am finally back to the confident person that I used to be. This should never happen, I am absolutely gobsmacked that it was allowed to happen at Facebook.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Terrifying Boss
- A typical day at work: Very busy - What I've learned: To be patient + multitask. - Management: Very demanding. -The hardest part of the job: It is difficult to cope with what is required. - The most enjoyable part of the job: Lunchtime.
Pros
food
Cons
If you hope your boss has the best interests of the team or service in mind you're wrong. Noone knows what they are doing or what they want. They hemorrhage money on nonnsense.
Pros
Free food
Cons
More politics than the parliament
Es la empresa con mas talento del mundo y por tanto la mejor como plataforma de desarrollo
Facebook is great! The benefits are outstanding ( 3 meals a day!) and the work is challenging ad gratifying. You continually grow new skill sets and get to work with amazing people.
Pros
benefits, corporate culture, people
Cons
work life balance, pay in European offices is not up to par
The company made an effort in providing a good place to work with a free canteen and a nice building, however, the daily tasks are heavy, overwhelming and management is not the best as team leaders are not well trained. There is too much pressure to achieve targets and only see employees as a number instead of human beings.
In my current role at Facebook I have the opportunity to work on exciting and impactful topics on a daily basis. Work/life balance is not always at the level I would prefer it to be.
I believe CPL will be able to come up with a better system for the workplace as for now the job flow is not divided well between the employees. I think if CPL can put the right system in place, it will make everyone happy. As for moment there is employees working for 5 to 10 minutes and they are done for the day, wheres people working for 4 to 6 hours per day.
the day to day work is nice, the colleagues are the only thing that makes you want to stay working for longer there. Team leaders are nice but sometimes lack knowledge on how to deal with people. No development plan is made when you get there and the feedbacks are usually made to point what you did wrong, never offering to help you on how to get right. Overall experience I would say is ok as you still get a nice title in your C.V, but wouldn't stay more than a year there.
Project is overall interesting and giving you a lot of experience. However, the management cares only about numbers, not about people, that's why attrition rate is super high.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Excellent comp, benefits, and perks, great people. It's a boiler-room of pressure and competition with an acute focus on impact and tangible results in short time-frames. Not for the faint-of-heart.
You will never feel bored working on Facebook. There is always something going on in the building. You work hard here, but the rewards are amazing.
  1. Employee reviews