Failte Ireland

Failte Ireland Employee Reviews

Working in Failte Ireland was a good experience for me as you are able to work on your own initiative to improve the approach to achieved the task given in a professional standards manner. You are also given enough time to get the job done and meet up with the deadline for the job. The canteen on the premises was also great as you don't need to be packing your own food .
great staff in regional offices but no advancement within the company for seasonal staff you still have to go truhgh the interview even tough I was there for a few years
Failte Ireland is the perfect place to gain experience within the Tourism Industry. This body provides a productive and innovative work environment with management encouraging personal growth and a positive workplace culture.
Every day was different as you always had different types of tourists coming in and also different problems arising, It gave me excellent communication and social skills and i also improved on my computer skills. The staff there were very friendly and it was always a nice place to go into work.
Long term employment of twenty years. Would still be there if they had not closed operations in my town. First class communication all around. Excellent management - staff relations.
good atmosphere and well run training centre with very helping staff and good mannered staff and very easy to learn in a good working environment with good colleges
Pros
good staff
Cons
I loved working with Failte Ireland. Unfortunately i was re-deployed as my current place of work (Malahide Castle) at the time closed.
Pros
12 years with same company made great friends Loved meeting new people.
Cons
Was re-deployed to SUSI in Ballsbridge.
Typical Day At Work Included
Setting Up For Breakfast And Serving Costumers Working With The Till Clearing And Then Doing The Same For Lunch Ect..

I leaned how to work under pressure and how to manage a busy day

i got along great with my co workers so it made things easier and we worked as a team.

the most enjoyable part of my job was developing the skills too waitress and work in a busy kitchen and resturant
Pros
Free Breakfast And Lunch
Cons
Only Ran For 13Weeks
Great staff and amazing local knowledge!
I learned more about where I live that I ever thought possible. There is so much more to Dublin than beer, a zoo and old books -- Who knew?!