Fallon & Byrne

Fallon & Byrne Employee Reviews

Ireland14 reviews

Casual environment and collaborative team.

A place which encourages their staff members to learn about wine, collaborative environment, multicultural place. Customers are well educated and kind most of the time. Managers are easy to approach and really problem-solving.

A very unhappy place to work

I applied for a job here as it was always seen as the place to shop/eat. The truth is it's run really badly by a passive agressive management team. created an air of distrust and general unhappiness amongst the team. it's a shame because i got to work with really nice people but most just leave after a short time.

Pros

team

Cons

management

Insights into Fallon & Byrne

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

poor workplace

I worked here for a few months. it was not a nice athmosfer for me and others. the main manager for whole company was very critical and spoke badly to staff. and we got no support from hr manager. Lots of people left at same time. they are always looking for people to work too.

Pros

team

Cons

management

Not a great workplace

Huge turnover of staff. I lasted 3 months. Others lasted a lot less so which is a pity because there was a really nice team. Not a great culture from the senior management and poor HR support.

Wonderful staff, not competitive pay

I worked in Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer Street over Christmas and it was by far the friendliest work environment I've ever experienced. All the staff, including management, were lovely, co-operative, and understanding. They were always very accommodating for time off. You often get to sample or take home food that is about to expire or can't be sold for aesthetic reasons. The only downside is the pay, which was €10.40 an hour for seasonal staff, which is lower than most other grocery stores in Dublin. The building is also quite cold and the staff room/bathrooms are up 4 flights of stairs with no lift. However the amazing workplace atmosphere made up for it and I would definitely apply to work here again in the future.

Official response from Fallon & Byrne

20 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time out to leave us with your this lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that for the most part your experience with us was enjoyable and that you found your colleagues and management so understanding.Thankfully the issues with the heating and the lift have been taken care of and we are pleased to say that we have given the staff facilities a makeover and general improvement.If you do fancy coming back this Christmas, be sure to drop us a line.The Fallon & Byrne Team

Would not recommend

During my time at fallon, i received no formal training and everyone just expects you to know everything. The work environment is not ideal and I would not recommend this to people.P.S. The management is highly inefficient and you can see that because everyone ends up leaving this job in a month!

Pros

You get 'perks'! Basically expired products that they cannot sell, you can take home for free.

Official response from Fallon & Byrne

20 December 2021
Hi there,Thank you for your feedback. At Fallon & Byrne we are always interested in hearing about the experiences of our employees both past and present. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us and I would value any insights you might have - please feel free to contact us in confidence at team@fallonandbyrne.com to share your thoughts.We do offer a benefits package which compares favourably with other retailers in Ireland including a generous staff discount, access to an employee assistance programme and discounted meals on shift. I would not necessarily agree that staff turnover is especially high. Many of our people have worked for Fallon & Byrne for a number of years, some staff being with us since we opened in 2006. Wishing you well in your future career,The Fallon & Byrne team

Great

Great again. One of the best things that happened to me in Ireland. Really nice environment to be at. I was injoing every day to be there. Best company ever best colleagues.

otima experiência

boa empresa, bastante aprendizado, muitos amigos, ótima experiencia.

Productive and fun place

Fallon&Byrne has been an amazing place to start my adventure in Ireland. You can find a lot of young people working in the company which makes your job funnier and easier. Working with customers allows you to improve your communication skills as well as gives you the chance to meet very interesting people. If you are a foreign (as I was) it could be difficult at the beginning, but your colleagues will help you for sure.

Pros

Adaptable shift

Cons

Long hours sometimes

Progressive,friendly and busy working enviorement

Fallon & Byrne is a very big name,which motivates people even more to work hard for sake of the company. A lot of open opportunities for those who are willing to progress and open entire new chapter in their life and career.

A Wonderful Experience

Fallon & Byrne is a wonderful place, where you are able to grow up and make useful experience, a perfect place where you can start your future career.

Pros

Helpful Colligues

Cons

Long Shift

Very well organized and nice friendly place to work

I learned a lot in there, such an incredible chefs and the sandwiches that we made was class. Was a really nice to share my days working there with such a nice people and actually im still friends with some of them and even sometimes i use to make some sandwiches like that ones at home for some friends. Very positive experience!

Pros

Learn lots of new skills, recipes, how to cook new things etc

Cons

The salary wasn't so good fot the huge amount of work specially weekends.

Fallon and Byrne is a highly productive and fun place to work.

Fallon and Byrne is a highly productive and fun place to work. A multilayered business structure that encompasses enthusiastic officers and staff in the most beautiful layout of the modern New York Style Food Hall Emporium. It's five star Wine Cellar and the Restaurant above the Food-hall attracts some of the most powerful patrons from across the World and all walks of life, ensuring greater satisfaction of all their needs. The Management Team is exceptional, and I love it there, and always will, especially working with all the lovely Staff and dealing with the Super customers who put smile on our faces daily. But sometimes, we have to take on greater responsibilities and challenges in our lives. A typical day at work helps me discover my best abilities in the service. I learn everyday to become the best on the Management Team.

fallon e Byrne

there was very good place to work at, there Ive learned a lot because I worked with people from different country and that is where I took must of my english! management was very friendly...the hardest part was on the weekend when we all had to do extra hours so long hours and sort break!!!!

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fallon & Byrne. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement