Family Carers Ireland

Family Carers Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland7 reviews
Featured review
Family Carers Ireland selected this as a representative review
very good company to work for,. i really enjoyed the flixable hours as you could work around them, i was pl;aced in St johns hospital which was very good as i knew my roster every week, st johns didnt want to employ any more family carers so unfortunately the were very sad to see me leave in st johns.
Pros
flexiable to the hours you work
Cons
timesheets
Completed a one-year community employment scheme where dealt with general public queries in a professional manner on a one to one, over the phone or through emails relating to home care packages and health care services available.
Acted as a point of contact for internal and external clients, organised and scheduled appointment and assisted in the preparation of regularly reports.

Completed general office duties including maintaining filing systems and updating office policies and procedures.
Lovely people to work for and flexible with working hours.
Worked as a home help in clients houses so rarely saw co-workers face to face. They care about their employees and their clients.
I loved working for Family Carers Ireland. I received my rota on a monthly basis and knew where I stood with my clients. My morning would start at 9.00 I would get my client up wash and dress her. I would then make her a cup of tea as her son made her breakfast. I would return at 9.00 pm and get her ready for bed. My other client was the same, except that there was a hoist involved and another member of staff would work along with me. From a management point of view I have to say they were always at the end of the line if I had a query or a problem, and always gave good advice. There was no part of the job i did not like. I met my challenges with respect and empathy. The most enjoyable part was arriving in the morning a greeting the client and seeing them smile.

With Teecare Homecare, the job would be similiar and my clients were hoist clients. There was not a lot of staff with this company and the management were not always on hand when a problem would arise. I was also the care co-ordinator for the workers in Donegal and Bundoran and worked very well with the workers. The hardest part of the job with this company was that they did not look after staff and as care co-ordinator sometimes I did not have the answers, one example salaries not been paid on time.

The enjoyable part of this job was working with the clients and on a team.
Great place to work, I learnt loads and really improved my confidence, however, the funding isn't there for individuals to be hired and they get most people through government schemes and therefore do not have to pay for additional staff
This company is great but they don't, have enough jobs available for qualifying carers,but I lived working with them because they always organise training courses for ex employees, for a small fee
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Short hours
I loved it with family cares it was great meeting new people and there the clients and family's were lovely I only resigned from there was because I didn't drive and it got to much