Fat Face Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
3.5Job Security & Advancement
Unrealistic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenmare, County Kerry19 September 2019
Seemed to have an awful lot of unnecessary pressure applied regarding the stores performance.
Sometimes quiet is quiet. Had numerous issues that I found neither head office, nor management willing to address. Moderately uncomfortable environment to work in due to manager's unrealistic expectations.
No work-life balance
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kenmare, County Kerry13 March 2019
The team was really great to work with and this was the only positive side of the job. The company doesn't care about your life so expect spending most of your time inside the store (no matter day or night). Your life outside 9-5 won't exist. Split shifts occur quite often. It's a target driven place so you'll be pushed to sell a lot otherwise the management rolls eyes over you and makes you feel guilty for not making profits.
Pros
Team
Cons
money, hours, targets, management
Great atmophere, lovely customers, fabulous clothes
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kenmare, County Kerry14 September 2018
Very welcoming atmosphere, all crew very friendly and willing to help new team members. Every day is different as is the nature of retail. Very busy from April- end September, then it gets slightly quieter as with all stores in tourist locations.
Great staff morale, good discounts, great rate of pay in comparison to other retail jobs.
Pros
Other crew members, discounts, friendly relaxed atmophere
Cons
Rotas can change due to business needs so being flexible is important.
I did enjoy dealing with the customers when I was given the opportunity.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kenmare, County Kerry12 August 2017
My hours were part-time I was mostly out back of shop doing the deliveries ,it was good at the start
As time went on my few hours I did have were reduced and I was messed around the manager was constantly changing the rota in the end I decided to find a job that you were motivated and felt appreciated and enjoyed your job .not productive at all .
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
If the manager was stressed it filtered down to all the staff
Great place to work, Hard Place to Leave.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kinsale, C20 January 2016
I really enjoyed every aspect of work with Fat Face. Every day brought different challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with people, both the general public and my staff. I learned that no matter what job I am in, I have to be surrounded by people. I love meeting different types of people and helping them reach their goals in life. I feel like I have influenced all the staff in Fat Face to better themselves and now I am ready for the next challenge.
Pros
Really cheap clothes.
Cons
Staying late because I am a perfectionist