Fat Face

Fat Face Employee Reviews

A small team of staff all very nice ,job would include dealing with customers and deliveries ,great when busy, but when quite I felt like you had to find something to do when there wasn't anything to do .
Pros
Good staff discount wage rate was fair .
Cons
Late nights in summer and not busy .
The least pleasant experience of my 20 Year retail manager career . Absolute culture of Bullying within the management structure. Systematic agenda of removing people from the business which I found utterly wrong
Seemed to have an awful lot of unnecessary pressure applied regarding the stores performance. Sometimes quiet is quiet. Had numerous issues that I found neither head office, nor management willing to address. Moderately uncomfortable environment to work in due to manager's unrealistic expectations.
The team was really great to work with and this was the only positive side of the job. The company doesn't care about your life so expect spending most of your time inside the store (no matter day or night). Your life outside 9-5 won't exist. Split shifts occur quite often. It's a target driven place so you'll be pushed to sell a lot otherwise the management rolls eyes over you and makes you feel guilty for not making profits.
Pros
Team
Cons
money, hours, targets, management
Very welcoming atmosphere, all crew very friendly and willing to help new team members. Every day is different as is the nature of retail. Very busy from April- end September, then it gets slightly quieter as with all stores in tourist locations. Great staff morale, good discounts, great rate of pay in comparison to other retail jobs.
Pros
Other crew members, discounts, friendly relaxed atmophere
Cons
Rotas can change due to business needs so being flexible is important.
My hours were part-time I was mostly out back of shop doing the deliveries ,it was good at the start As time went on my few hours I did have were reduced and I was messed around the manager was constantly changing the rota in the end I decided to find a job that you were motivated and felt appreciated and enjoyed your job .not productive at all .
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
If the manager was stressed it filtered down to all the staff
I really enjoyed every aspect of work with Fat Face. Every day brought different challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with people, both the general public and my staff. I learned that no matter what job I am in, I have to be surrounded by people. I love meeting different types of people and helping them reach their goals in life. I feel like I have influenced all the staff in Fat Face to better themselves and now I am ready for the next challenge.
Pros
Really cheap clothes.
Cons
Staying late because I am a perfectionist