Fields Jewellers

Fields Jewellers Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work, the environment is a positive one and I had good relationships with other members of staff. Management were also very nice.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
every day was different there was always new things to learn and new people to meet. We all worked as a team to make sure our customers expectations were met .This was also the hardest part of the job, but the most enjoyable .
Pros
left too achieve are goals
Cons
long hours and weekend working
A typical day was quite busy with orders to be accounted for and sent out to respective stores. Everything had to be picked, packed, recorded and sent out. I learned the importance of time management and prioritising tasks. The management was well organised and approachable. Workplace had an inclusive and friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was the build up of orders at Christmas time, the work load was quite intense as to be expected for a jewellery company at this time of year. The most enjoyable part of the job was working collaboratively with the rest of the team, the buyer and the web team to solve problems.
Long hours are put in. To get a sale you have to put in a lot of effort with a customer it is a very personal sale, its not like a supermarket where the customer knows what they want it is a jewellery store where people need opinions and where people are spending a significant amount of money. It was very enjoyable to connect with customers personally and I got satisfaction out of selling them an item they absolutely loved.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
I felt I was not fairly treated here. I was never made felt welcome. The management never acknowledged my progress and hard work. I was never made feel valued here.
lovely store to work in although the management was not well trained and did not take staff thoughts into account. the stores location was very accessible for customers and therefore had a lot of turnover. very busy shop so the day went quickly.
Pros
location
Cons
management