Fitzgerald Group

Fitzgerald Group Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews
the place is good but have its ups and downs .parties and weddings are busy main downside is no security on the permises.The staff has to act as security ,
Nice company to work for. there is room to grow within the company and to advance your skills. 22 premises within the group from large hotels busy gastro pubs down to smaller pubs and food premises
Office don't care about employees.Manager rood.Workers discriminate,broken low and worker's rights.Always problem with wages.Employees have to do extra work for free.
It was a nice place and the staff you worked with was so easy and nice to get on with and the job was a little bit hard and busy but helped with all the staff.
Fun place to work in and staff everyone was great to work with only down fall was that I was on zero hour contract and pay was really bad and affected my college hours
Pros
Free lunch staff were really nice
Cons
Pay was bad and on zero hour contract
I worked nights as a Bartender/Potter but was doing nearly every aspect of the hotel business with no training or guidance which caused many problems for me and managers who where always in conflict with one another and giving me contradicting orders.

After i raised my concerns to upper management my hours slowly demised till i wasn't getting called in at all, I asked why and they said the hours weren't there so after a few weeks of no calls i left.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Management, Lack of hours, Contradicting tasks
My job consists of setting up my station at the beginning of every shift, making sure i have enough of everything before i start. Taking orders of customers and sending it to the kitchen,help to serve the meal when it arrives if i,m not taking or doing something else for other customers, removing starters and let the kitchen know to send out main meal, clear plates and offer the customers desserts tea or coffee, at the end of the night we have to clean down or section and help to clean certain areas of the restaurant that we would use on a daily basis i.e staff room, cloak room,etc. I have learned in this job to use handhelds and a computor system as the restraurant is very big, they need the computors, In this job the co. workers work very well together almost like a family always willing to help each other when its really busy, the hardest part of this job is Sunday when it is so busy and you are on the station with the large tables, they seat up to 20 and you could have 4 or 5 big tables at the same time for the whole of the day lot of hard work and lifting of plates. The most enjoyable part of this job is the customers i get on great with them and have a laugh when theres enough time
Pros
Getting to meet so many people, and the tips
Cons
long hours and late nights, and having to work every Sunday
Meet and greet the new guest and all guest.
how dealing with guest.

helpfull.

friendly.

dealing with drank guest.

when job are prafectly done.
•a typical day at work
Servicing 14 bedrooms per day including bathroom and corridor areas;

•what you learned

Clean the bedrooms to an extremely high standard daily

•management

Strictly ,professional

•your co-workers

nice ,help each other

•the hardest part of the job

Some rooms are very mass ,

•the most enjoyable part of the job

Finishing the rooms tidy and comfortable
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no much hours, too far away my home
A typical day at work would be as follows;
soon as i start my shift i make sure everyting is ready to go,

clean cutlery.clean work place.menus displayed.napkins folded ready to serve. then i just wait for the customers to come in and enjoy my productive work effort i put in to make them feel as comfortable as possible.

from working here i have learned that a smile and a chat can go a long way with customers that come in day to day. also i have learned that working with a productive team can make the day alot easyier on the workload that has to be done. resonsibility and hard work pays off. Due to the highly motivated,productive and fun loving managers i work with it makes my day go past so quickly and makes me proud of were i work.

my co-workers are the same as me, were part of a team that each have responsibilitys and requirements troughout the day and they excell in what they do.not only reaching the top of customer sadisfaction but going over the top to make sure the customer feels like he/she is comfortable, happy and feels like home.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with such great staff and seen a customer leave with a smile.
Pros
free food for breaks, fun loving staff, great repour between everyone
Cons
long hours, late nights