Flying Tiger Copenhagen Employee Reviews

Amazing company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 November 2019
This is one of the best company I have ever worked for. Great opportunities to progress, amazing management team, very good life-work balance, excellent work environment, very relaxed atmosphere. Enjoyed every second of my time in Tiger.
Only OK. Had to leave
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2019
Worked here for a few years. Company gone down hill since departure of original owners. No longer a feeling of unity or support. Head office seem uncaring, all they want is money and targets. Don't care about staff. Too quick to give warnings over the smallest things. No support on shop floor from shop manager. Often left to own devices and help not given when asked. Time frames given to complete jobs which is fine but at busy times it can be difficult completely finish a job in the required time as you are pulled in different directions. Store manager never understood that we needed her support on the shop floor, she sat in the office all day every day. I left for this reason
Pros
Good music
Cons
Terrible pay. Lack of support
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlow Town, County Carlow4 September 2019
loved working here, the collegues were always so helpful and friendly. the shop had a good atmosphere and was a lovely place to be. the benifits were great and staff were well looked after
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 September 2019
I enjoy working here, it's a very friendly area to work in and the experience is amazing and training is excellent. I would recommend this career to any young person.
Flying low
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin31 July 2019
Do not work here. All those items you see amazingly displayed is due to the staff and their merchandising skills. They come in lots of huge boxes you are constantly on your feet all day, up and down the stairs to get stock. In and out of boxes all day. Nothing can be uneven, out of place. Everything has to be refilled and stocked up. You get no praise whatsoever. Huge shipment of stock usually comes in Wednesday or Friday those two days became a trend for the manager to always call in sick or would be coming in late in the afternoon so it was the little people doing all the heavy lifting. Most of the time the manager stayed in the office talking to her “girls” planning nights out and weekends away. Queues would be out the door, staff and myself many of times would have to ring the bell several times for the manager to come on the floor to give a refund. Most of the staff was tired of ringing the bell they just took their own initiative and swapped items out or even swapped items for similar price range. Christmas was a nightmare. Constantly pushed daily to reach sale targets. If you wear uncomfortable shoes you’ll feel it by the end of the day. You are constantly being watched on the camera all day to make sure you are ‘busy’ and if you were seen talking on floor with your colleagues that would get the manager out quicker then ringing the bell for assistance. Manager was always constantly late, one time I was told to start early at 8AM to help stock and she didn’t arrive until 9AM. Finger print clock in was not working for her so I lost an hour waiting on her to arrive. Swapping  more... shifts was a nightmare cause she wanted to be paired all the time with her favorite co workers so swapping a shift was never on the cards. I arrived late to work one time, I was two minutes late and the manager pulled me up in front of staff and customers making everyone aware I was 2 minutes late, I was extremely embarrassed as I was always on time and I don’t believe in pointing fingers to others if your own is dirty! The morale lacked big time in the store and I felt sorry for the staff who was working there longer then 6 months even some staff who worked there a year was not given any guidance or alternative training on till in case of an emergency. They did not know how to do refunds or open the till without calling the manager which is a huge inconvenience as one time a supervisor had to leave the shop due to a family emergency. I would never recommend working here. Ever. The owner of the company at the time and people who work in H.O were really nice people and H.O was quick to respond to any questions and payment was always on time. It’s just unfortunate that unit 314 was not looked in to further. Some people abuse the management system when they step up the ladder this definitely happened here. Also the uniform bright red is atrocious.  less
Pros
Free end of stock items.
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, unappreciated, management lacked
do not work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland10 July 2019
This company is disgraceful. From the way they treat staff to the daily handling of duties. Low pay for the amount of work expected from staff. Zero health and safety procedures, if you hurt yourself, your manual handling will be questioned even though they expect people to lift 10kg and upward boxes no matter their size. They pretend to support staff eg with mental health etc this is a lie! No time to be sick due to having too little staff in store. Monthly pay which sometimes runs well over four weeks. Favourtism throughout the company. Do not adhere to legal working hours on or between shifts, also do not get legal lunchbreaks. Often working 12 hour shifts with just about an hour break. Constantly given negative feedback, your displays are never good enough, your sales are never high enough, you never had enough work done in the time allocated etc. And that's only touching the surface.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Read above
Fun concepts to sell, can be stressful environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bray30 May 2019
When I started my manager was great, made the team work so well together. We recently got a new manager and the dynamic has completely changed and work has become more stressful. I still love merchandising and creating displays, that's one great thing they will always give you some sort of creative freedom with that. It's all really a matter of what staff you end up with and how well you get along. As for head office its a tight knit group so you can't get away with anything, they've been cutting back on hours across all stores recently which isn't great. They also hold the customer above all employees even when the customer is clearly in the wrong and does not have valid complaint, you will still get reprimanded.
Pros
Fun merchandising and products
Cons
Bad management
Ok
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 November 2018
Fine to work for but head office do not care/take on board anything their staff recommend. Store managers do not hire their own staff, deal with their own orders or anything else one would imagine a store manager should be in control of.
Amazing company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  galway25 May 2018
Flying tiger are and amazing company to work for, they are a relaxed business who always strive to help their employees, it is a fun and welcoming atmosphere to work in.
Its ok
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 April 2018
Ok for the short term. Anything longer than that the job become tedious. A lot of the rules are pointless and make the job difficult to enjoy sometimes.