Flying Tiger Copenhagen

Flying Tiger Copenhagen Employee Review

View all Flying Tiger Copenhagen reviews

Flying low
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin31 July 2019
Do not work here. All those items you see amazingly displayed is due to the staff and their merchandising skills. They come in lots of huge boxes you are constantly on your feet all day, up and down the stairs to get stock. In and out of boxes all day. Nothing can be uneven, out of place. Everything has to be refilled and stocked up. You get no praise whatsoever. Huge shipment of stock usually comes in Wednesday or Friday those two days became a trend for the manager to always call in sick or would be coming in late in the afternoon so it was the little people doing all the heavy lifting. Most of the time the manager stayed in the office talking to her “girls” planning nights out and weekends away. Queues would be out the door, staff and myself many of times would have to ring the bell several times for the manager to come on the floor to give a refund. Most of the staff was tired of ringing the bell they just took their own initiative and swapped items out or even swapped items for similar price range. Christmas was a nightmare. Constantly pushed daily to reach sale targets. If you wear uncomfortable shoes you’ll feel it by the end of the day. You are constantly being watched on the camera all day to make sure you are ‘busy’ and if you were seen talking on floor with your colleagues that would get the manager out quicker then ringing the bell for assistance. Manager was always constantly late, one time I was told to start early at 8AM to help stock and she didn’t arrive until 9AM. Finger print clock in was not working for her so I lost an hour waiting on her to arrive. Swapping  more... shifts was a nightmare cause she wanted to be paired all the time with her favorite co workers so swapping a shift was never on the cards. I arrived late to work one time, I was two minutes late and the manager pulled me up in front of staff and customers making everyone aware I was 2 minutes late, I was extremely embarrassed as I was always on time and I don’t believe in pointing fingers to others if your own is dirty! The morale lacked big time in the store and I felt sorry for the staff who was working there longer then 6 months even some staff who worked there a year was not given any guidance or alternative training on till in case of an emergency. They did not know how to do refunds or open the till without calling the manager which is a huge inconvenience as one time a supervisor had to leave the shop due to a family emergency. I would never recommend working here. Ever. The owner of the company at the time and people who work in H.O were really nice people and H.O was quick to respond to any questions and payment was always on time. It’s just unfortunate that unit 314 was not looked in to further. Some people abuse the management system when they step up the ladder this definitely happened here. Also the uniform bright red is atrocious.  less
Pros
Free end of stock items.
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, unappreciated, management lacked

Other Flying Tiger Copenhagen Employee Reviews

Bustling environment , Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 November 2019
I work here as a Team Leader, the job is quite physical lots of products which I love and loads of interaction with customers and team. I like how our store can order products we think will sell which is quite cool. The culture is quite good we had a nice summer party free food and drinks from head office.
I can get extra hours if I need more money in other stores.
Amazing company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 November 2019
This is one of the best company I have ever worked for. Great opportunities to progress, amazing management team, very good life-work balance, excellent work environment, very relaxed atmosphere. Enjoyed every second of my time in Tiger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flying Tiger Copenhagen. Our community is ready to answer.

Flying Tiger Copenhagen Reviews by Location