Focus Ireland Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Wonderful workplace with supportive colleagues and fantastic team!
Advice and Information Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Cork, Ireland9 October 2017
I worked for Focus Ireland for 6 months in a busy and challenging role. I can honestly say it was the best company I have worked for and I only left the company due to moving abroad.

The recruitment process was efficient. Initially, I completed a written assessment with case scenarios and was quickly invited for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by three people in a competency based interview. I had good impressions throughout.

I started soon after and I was given time to orientate to the service and given as much responsibility as I was reasonably able to achieve. The staff were very supportive in my new role and throughout. I received more training in the first 6 months than I have from any other company and was accommodated for overnight training. The company offers time in lieu and expenses for travel to training and home visits.

I felt valued and very included in the company. I was listened to during team meetings and even given the opportunity to give public presentations even though I was new in my role.

The team regularly went for lunch mid-week and we celebrated birthdays and personal/professional achievements often with a little cake at tea-time. I couldn't rate Focus Ireland highly enough and if I were to return to Ireland, I would contact Focus Ireland again if they had a vacancy. I got exposure to so much and given ample opportunity to advance my career goals.
Pros
Overnight stay for training, team spirit, overnight allowance, travel expenses, ongoing opportunities, career advancement
Cons
Busy environment, challenging customers, handling conflict a regular feature
Fun friendly work place
Newbridge training course (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare20 March 2017
I enjoyed my time in the teaming course only reason I had to leave was Because of family problems it's was fun and enjoy and the stuff there was lovey
Pros
Free food
Productive and fun workplace
Fundraising Executive (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D17 June 2014
co-workers - great to work with
managment is good
gained a lot of good experience within and outside of the organisation
enjoyable part of the job - working in a good office environment. Meeting different people, volunteers etc.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
weekend work
A fun working enviroment
Accounts clerk / receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 August 2012
A good company to work for co-workers were very helpful and kind, i sometimes had a very stressful job at times cause i dealt with all the donations that come in and i would have very busy periods, eg christmas and i think i could cope with working under pressure.
Good cause
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 June 2012
5000 people are homeless in Ireland.
Governement is reducing the funding so... 90% of the fund raised go straight to the cause. I feel that it is a good cause.

The company is not always well structured and there is a lack of training provided. On top of that the objectives are too high.
Pros
flexibility, good values, team spirit
Cons
precarity, lack of training, weather conditions.

Want to know more about Focus Ireland?

Ask a question