Focus Ireland

Focus Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews
Delighted with the work they gave me.Very simple and do-able.The employees and managers there are all very friendly. Would have stayed longer if I had the opportunity.
I found it to be so quiet. Hardly any customers. Give help to management staff and volunteers. Not paid here so no real benefits. Friendly staff. Although they closed soon after I left.
Pros
Helping staff and management.
Cons
Lack of experience there. Quiet.
Focus Ireland have given me great experience and training during my CSV year. I would gladly take a position within focus as they have a great reputation nationally and take great care of their staff. The commute daily is the only negative side to having this position which is not influenced by the organisation, but my location.
Pros
Training, clinical supervision
Cons
Commute to dublin
I worked for Focus Ireland for 6 months in a busy and challenging role. I can honestly say it was the best company I have worked for and I only left the company due to moving abroad.

The recruitment process was efficient. Initially, I completed a written assessment with case scenarios and was quickly invited for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by three people in a competency based interview. I had good impressions throughout.

I started soon after and I was given time to orientate to the service and given as much responsibility as I was reasonably able to achieve. The staff were very supportive in my new role and throughout. I received more training in the first 6 months than I have from any other company and was accommodated for overnight training. The company offers time in lieu and expenses for travel to training and home visits.

I felt valued and very included in the company. I was listened to during team meetings and even given the opportunity to give public presentations even though I was new in my role.

The team regularly went for lunch mid-week and we celebrated birthdays and personal/professional achievements often with a little cake at tea-time. I couldn't rate Focus Ireland highly enough and if I were to return to Ireland, I would contact Focus Ireland again if they had a vacancy. I got exposure to so much and given ample opportunity to advance my career goals.
Pros
Overnight stay for training, team spirit, overnight allowance, travel expenses, ongoing opportunities, career advancement
Cons
Busy environment, challenging customers, handling conflict a regular feature
I enjoyed my time in the teaming course only reason I had to leave was Because of family problems it's was fun and enjoy and the stuff there was lovey
Pros
Free food
Cons
co-workers - great to work with
managment is good

gained a lot of good experience within and outside of the organisation

enjoyable part of the job - working in a good office environment. Meeting different people, volunteers etc.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
weekend work
A good company to work for co-workers were very helpful and kind, i sometimes had a very stressful job at times cause i dealt with all the donations that come in and i would have very busy periods, eg christmas and i think i could cope with working under pressure.
5000 people are homeless in Ireland.
Governement is reducing the funding so... 90% of the fund raised go straight to the cause. I feel that it is a good cause.

The company is not always well structured and there is a lack of training provided. On top of that the objectives are too high.
Pros
flexibility, good values, team spirit
Cons
precarity, lack of training, weather conditions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Focus Ireland?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5