FoodCloud

FoodCloud Employee Reviews

Ireland7 reviews

Dynamic company with a clear vision and innovative approach to fight food waste

FoodCloud is an organisation that does not only state core values such as kindness, fairness, being a role model and getting things done on their website but actually lives them which is reflected in their great organisational culture. With 70- 80 employees it manages to retain a vibrant start-up spirit that motivates people to give their best with the aim of reducing food waste no matter how their role contributes to this. I only joined the company a few months ago but have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far. The teams are an absolute pleasure to work with and if you are looking for like-minded people that want to invest their energy and brains to make a difference to our planet, FoodCloud is the right place. Senior management dreams big and takes effective steps to make their vision a reality. The work is fast-paced with a variety of tasks yet the atmosphere is relaxed and never stressful in a negative way. My work includes engaging with the community sector in Ireland as well as working closely with an innovative tech platform and our account managers for food donors. I am truly looking forward to every work day as the variety of tasks and the work with charities always brings new insights and excitement along the way. Even though my position is rather junior, my team and line manager always make me feel that my voice is heard and all feedback is appreciated and welcomed. I'd like to highlight weekly 121 sessions with my line manager that open up space to discuss things freely and honestly which only adds to the great atmosphere. The onboarding process from HR has been -

Pros

great organisational culture, lives company's core values, fast growing, social enterprise that manages to work on all three pillars of sustainability - in social, environmental and economic terms, access to latest developments and approaches to fight food waste, company expenses covered, remote working possibility is a big plus, no micro management but encouragement to take ownership of projects and tasks

It feels good to know your days work has made a difference.

This is the first place I've ever worked where I feel valued as a person and not just as an employee. My opinion matters and my input is encouraged. It's very important for me to work in a kind and supportive environment which is why I love working here so much. The work I do is very rewarding. My role allows me to engage with charities and to hear about all the great work they're doing. It's brilliant to see how much they benefit from the surplus food. It feels good to know your days work has made a difference. I feel proud to work in a place where helping people and the planet is the number one goal.

Pros

Great culture, respectful & kind colleagues, pension contribution, bike to work scheme, regular social events.

Supportive Environment

Unlike many companies, FoodCloud has a positive and supportive work environment. Every day is different from the day before, and you experience various tasks and learn a lot during the process.

Great Place to Work

FoodCloud is a great place to work. I am doing an internship here. I have learned so much, and other employees are always willing to help. You can tell their values really reflect the everyday culture of the workplace. My manager is great, with clear expectations and she's very encouraging. If I was able to, I would work here full time!

Pros

work-life balance, great culture, great cause, you can take home dated surplus food at the end of the day

So rewarding if you value helping people and tackling climate change

I work cross-functionally, mainly with the engineering team, account managers and customers so I have a varied day with lots of interaction with different people and different levels of seniority. I am working to improve our proprietary technology that connects charities with donors who have food available which is so rewarding.Senior management are very receptive to my ideas as I've built up a strong track record based on what the organisation and management has communicated as their goals which are really aligned with my own values - kindness, being a role model, helping others and tackling climate change.

Pros

Helping others, Great culture, Friendly colleagues, Pension contribution, Bike to work scheme, Bi-annual get togethers, Training opportunities, Lots of opportunity for progression, Great work-life balance, Salary benchmarking

Goal driven collaborative workplace with friendly energetic atmosphere

This is the first time I have worked for a company with a triple bottom line- people, profit and planet and it most definitely makes a difference to my productivity and motivation to do my best at work. This social enterprise is truly working to change the modern food system in Ireland and across the world, through innovative, dynamic and collaborative work practices. The start up atmosphere in this workplace means the team all have a voice, and everybody works hard and gets on well - this is largely driven by our shared common goal of creating a goal where no good food goes to waste. I love working here and have already progressed across two teams in under two years and been supported in my professional development on every step of the way.

Pros

Pension, company expenses covered, career advancement opportunities, paid maternity leave, diverse workforce, approachable senior management team, frequent social events, access to latest developments in environmentalism, food waste solutions and eco-innovation, surrounded by an interesting and highly skilled workforce.

Great company with a strong vision and a fun but effective team.

Company lives up to it's mission statement. Teammates I've interacted with are hard-working and easy to get along with. My manager is well-informed and has high expectations , but does not micro-manage and trusts the team to get the work done.

Pros

Great atmosphere and work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FoodCloud. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare FoodCloud with

Learn about FoodCloud in popular locations

• FoodCloud
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?