Foot Locker

Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews
Good job for a student
Footlocker is a perfect place to work if you have an interest in street wear and culture. It's an excellent opportunity to learn about current trends and there is good opportunity for career progression
Productive and fun workplace
Teamwork is goal and staffs also create a fun environment. Management and old staffs always available to help and guide new staffs. Everyone always put extra effort to satisfy every customer.
Pros
Discount on products and sometimes we get 50% off items
Cons
Good Job
Fun workplace
I worked very good in Foot Locker thanks to my manager that gave me the possibility to improve my English and my sales skills.
He was very available for anything and I did a really good training before to start as sales associate.
Pros
Fun workplaces, improve your skills
Cons
Weekend shift and Bank holiday
Fun workplace
good commission
good discounts

fun staff

great merchandise

great flexibility

not enough hours

hence, not enough money

hectic work at Christmas time due to extreme fast pace
Pros
discounts and commission
Cons
not enough hours, hence not enough money
great job with great people
loved every minute of being in this fast paced environment.
earning is reliant on how hard you work but the team make it easy to work hard!

highly recommend!
Pros
good commission
Cons
pressure to meet targets
Great Company to work for
Footlocker has set me up for the future . Company's core values are amazing . Training programs provided are specific and gives you confidence to work with people as you know what you are talking about .
Pros
Cool Kicks
Fun
Wonderful experiences through working as sales assistant
Friendly staff

Enjoyable

Lovely clothes

Exciting to get up for this workplace
Pros
Discounts
Enjoyable, healthy atmosphere
Enjoyed working here, friendly colleagues and management, reasonable hours. Developed customer service skills. Late shifts and working on weekends was difficult
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Closing
Demanding, rewarding experience
Busy and very demanding depending on your position and the level of staff you work with. Rewarding in terms of the experience you gain, not a typical retail job.
Target-based yet fun workplace.
A typical day at work began with a check of the personal sales targets and other tasks set out for the day. Each employee had a target specific to them for $ amount; multiple sales %; apparel %; accessories %; insoles (1 for every $500); and, socks and shoe care amounts, as well as tasks including stock replenishment for when there were no customers to be served. I learned many things in this position; given that I was a senior member of staff, I was responsible for ensuring these targets were reached in the absence of Store or Assistant Managers and therefore learned how to lead a team of associates and deal with all types of personalities and work ethics. Management were involved in all aspects of the job, though their extra duties were what gave me the chance to lead the team when they were required elsewhere for conference calls etc. Co-workers were all of a similar age to me and we got on very well; once the work was being done and the targets were being met, everything went smoothly. The hardest part of the job for me was that when trade slowed, hours were inevitably cut. This was not helped by the state of the economy in Ireland and it was for this reason that I left the company to travel and work in Australia. The most enjoyable part of the job was that, as you would expect when dealing with the public, no two customers were the same; the job afforded you the opportunity to deal with basic questions from the most suitable shoe for a 2 year old toddler to the more complicated question of which shoe in the varied range carried in-store would most suit the needs of a distance - more...