FOTA ISLAND RESORT

FOTA ISLAND RESORT Employee Reviews

Ireland13 reviews
Good atmosphere, great team, high standard of training/experience, free on- shift food and fab benefits (dining, hotel stay, wellness facilities).

Pay not adequate to experience.

Casual 0h contract can be stressful at times, being called off work the night before. No set days, no set hours of work.
it was a very long day with only a 15 min break for a 6 hour shift and 30 mins for a 8hr shift, although that is the legal amount of breaks the job was mentally very challenging to stay positive tk the kids all the time
Fantastic family vibe. Everyday there was a new challenge. Very fast paced and energetic place to work. Got on so well with Guests colleagues and management.
Pros
fed on shifts
Cons
Lack of opportunities
No room for progression and Favoritism in the workplace. Unsociable hours and a lot of managers not doing their actual job. Unless you are a manager then you are cared for if not then they do not bother.
Great place to work with amazing staff and a very friendly management team. Incredibly fun to work with everyone in the establishment and always welcomed.
Pros
Free lunch and 6 month bonuses
Cons
Great spa to work in great team and my supervisor and manger our both really great easy to talk to and take our opinions on board. It is a busy place to be and can be hard work but the team makes easier to get through
Pros
Great staff and meeting good people
Cons
Can be very tiring
A typical day of my job was setting up the coffee dock, managing it, serving customers and closing up. I also restocked it throughout the day.

I learned a lot of valuable communication skills as well as it improved my ability to work independently.

The management was nice and helpful whenever I had questions and everything was neatly organized.

The workplace culture was friendly and everyone seemed really interested in me. It was nice to be in and I felt like a real part of the team.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with really busy moments, fortunately I learned how to handle this and it also ended up being the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free meals, discounts at the restaurant, free coffee, loads of extra FOTA benefits
Cons
Long hours, a lot of standing
Excellent staff in Fota make working there a fun and easy place. Flexible hours give you a good work/life balance. There is opportunity to move to different departments within the Fota Collection.
Working in both the Christmas and Halloween experience, I have got my fair share of time in the facility. I find the management team to be unknown of their duties and the facilities to be unequipped. I would not recommend anyone to work at this Hotel for either event
Pros
there are none
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Worked here for over a year and a half while I was in college. I was given so many opportunities to gain trust and earn responsibility, to learn and train, and to make friends. Everyone who works here is so lovely and helpful. I'd come back in a hearbeat, however, having finished college my career is heading away from hospitality! I will miss everyone in The Fota Collection.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Wildlife Park, Hotel Discounts
Management were very difficult to deal with and had to be reported the HR many times. Typical day was to clean 4/5 houses under a time limit. Not a friendly environment to work in. Expected to work through unpaid breaks to finish houses
Pros
Discount in hotel
Cons
Long hours,I got to act for the first time and enjoyed it.friendly staff,Most enjoyable part was getting to work with kids and make everyone laugh.
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
Une grosse entreprise mais très bien accueillis, personnel polyglotte, rencontre avec de nombreuse personnes, très bonne formation