FOTA ISLAND RESORT

FOTA ISLAND RESORT Employee Reviews

Ireland16 reviews

Great Team. Dreadful wages .. insulting to skilled staff.

Great Team. Friendly, helpful Managers except the Deputy Manager (cold and rude). The rate of pay for skilled staff is absolutely disgraceful .. either minimum wage or about 10% higher. Senior Hotel Management do not value staff. They pretend to value staff, otherwise, they would pay staff a good wage. They do not even pay close to a good wage.

Pros

Good Team to work with..

Cons

Terrible Wages.

flexible place to work

There’s very good flexibility and choice of shifts but it’s unpredictable what your duties are going to be. You also get no training form management and have to ask other people for help.Tips are bad. Managers can be too overbearing. But work there if you want a good work life balance.

Good friendly enviroment.

Very happy to have had the opportunity of working at Fota . Excellent working relationship among all the staff from front to back door. Great respect and treatment for all guests. Had difficulty with uniform but that is a personal issue.

Pros

Good discounts after 6 months service.

Cons

Long hours, short breaks.

it was a very unpleasant time

it was a very long day with only a 15 min break for a 6 hour shift and 30 mins for a 8hr shift, although that is the legal amount of breaks the job was mentally very challenging to stay positive tk the kids all the time

Fantastic Company to work for

Fantastic family vibe. Everyday there was a new challenge. Very fast paced and energetic place to work. Got on so well with Guests colleagues and management.

Pros

fed on shifts

Cons

Lack of opportunities

No room for progression and Favoritism in the workplace

No room for progression and Favoritism in the workplace. Unsociable hours and a lot of managers not doing their actual job. Unless you are a manager then you are cared for if not then they do not bother.

Fun and Professional work setting

Great place to work with amazing staff and a very friendly management team. Incredibly fun to work with everyone in the establishment and always welcomed.

Pros

Free lunch and 6 month bonuses

Mixed

Good atmosphere, great team, high standard of training/experience, free on- shift food and fab benefits (dining, hotel stay, wellness facilities). Pay not adequate to experience. Casual 0h contract can be stressful at times, being called off work the night before. No set days, no set hours of work.

Fota island spa

Great spa to work in great team and my supervisor and manger our both really great easy to talk to and take our opinions on board. It is a busy place to be and can be hard work but the team makes easier to get through

Pros

Great staff and meeting good people

Cons

Can be very tiring

Nice place to work

A typical day of my job was setting up the coffee dock, managing it, serving customers and closing up. I also restocked it throughout the day. I learned a lot of valuable communication skills as well as it improved my ability to work independently. The management was nice and helpful whenever I had questions and everything was neatly organized. The workplace culture was friendly and everyone seemed really interested in me. It was nice to be in and I felt like a real part of the team. The hardest part of the job was to deal with really busy moments, fortunately I learned how to handle this and it also ended up being the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Free meals, discounts at the restaurant, free coffee, loads of extra FOTA benefits

Cons

Long hours, a lot of standing

Flexible and Fun to work.

Excellent staff in Fota make working there a fun and easy place. Flexible hours give you a good work/life balance. There is opportunity to move to different departments within the Fota Collection.

unfair employment

Working in both the Christmas and Halloween experience, I have got my fair share of time in the facility. I find the management team to be unknown of their duties and the facilities to be unequipped. I would not recommend anyone to work at this Hotel for either event

Pros

there are none

Cons

Long hours, short breaks

Amazing Experience

Worked here for over a year and a half while I was in college. I was given so many opportunities to gain trust and earn responsibility, to learn and train, and to make friends. Everyone who works here is so lovely and helpful. I'd come back in a hearbeat, however, having finished college my career is heading away from hospitality! I will miss everyone in The Fota Collection.

Pros

Free Lunches, Free Wildlife Park, Hotel Discounts

not enjoyable workplace

Management were very difficult to deal with and had to be reported the HR many times. Typical day was to clean 4/5 houses under a time limit. Not a friendly environment to work in. Expected to work through unpaid breaks to finish houses

Pros

Discount in hotel

Fun

Long hours,I got to act for the first time and enjoyed it.friendly staff,Most enjoyable part was getting to work with kids and make everyone laugh.

Pros

Free hot chocolate

Bonne entreprise

Une grosse entreprise mais très bien accueillis, personnel polyglotte, rencontre avec de nombreuse personnes, très bonne formation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOTA ISLAND RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare FOTA ISLAND RESORT with

FOTA ISLAND RESORT reviews by location

Learn about FOTA ISLAND RESORT in popular locations

• FOTA ISLAND RESORT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?