Fota Wildlife Park

Fota Wildlife Park Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews

Work experience

I worked here for one week for my TY work experience, I really loved this work place and thought all the staff were so patient while showing me how to do certain jobs

Great opportunities and helpful management

I enjoyed my week as a voluntary assistant at Fota Wildlife Park. I gained great experience not only through working with the animals and the park's visitors but by working with the team and learning essential skills useful in any workplace.

Tour guide

Every day there was a new group for a tour, which was very exciting because I could see the park through new eyes every day. There were times when management would expect us to drop our personal lives and stay very long after hours or give up our days off. The team I worked with were exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them.

Near home and fun

I loved working at Fota. It's near my home. I was cleaning toilets and waitressing. I enjoyed being near the animals aswell. I was also cleaning tables and making sure the place was cleared up after customers.

Pros

Near home

Cons

Fun outdoors work with the general public.

There would be school tours as well as corporate tours, which was enjoyable as I got to deal with both children and adults and talk to them about the animals and their place in the wild. I learnt about the different animals, got to know their personalities and learn about their conservation status and what is being done to protect endangered animals around the world. My co-workers were fantastic as there was a great sense comradeship among the staff and we would all help each other out where possible. The best and worst part of the job was with the public; the majority of the public were fantastic to deal with and were very enthusiastic about the park and the animals. On the other hand, there were times when people would be difficult to deal with, would be abusive to the animals and would refuse to obey the rules of the park.

Pros

Working outdoors

Cons

Lack of security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fota Wildlife Park. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement